Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 network:question about email functionality on a n95

• 10-10-2008 11:57am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

been on 3 for a few months now on the relax 350 and very happy and had my n95 for quite a while and working well. I am using more and more email though as of late and was looking for a bit of help about email on the phone itself.

i have the gmail app which is fine and i have my gmail mailbox setup on the phone so i can send mail fine. however i cant seem to recieve it. question is though, will my phone autocheck for fresh emails? if so how do i set it up and will it cost me much to keep it running?

as regards to getting fresh mails sent to the phone from my gmail inbox, do i need to download all my inbox to the phone first?

thanks
    Mark

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The Java GMail application will not automatically check for new emails, although I do much prefer it for the sending of emails as it can access your gmail contacts list and you get the threaded view the same as in the browser.

To get notification of new emails coming in though you'll need to setup the in built S60 mail application. Details here.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i have it setup using pop3. does it need imap? or is there a difference between the 2?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Pretty sure that you do need it set to IMAP for it to work with the built in S60 app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

IMAP is a much better choice for an email account that you will be accessing from several different clients as changes made in one client to your mailbox will be reflected accross all the others.

Advertisement