Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New DID Electrical store

Options
  • 10-10-2008 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Was in there this morning. Nice store but no real bargains.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

leex wrote: »
    Was in there this morning. Nice store but no real bargains.

where abouts? Wouldn't mind trying out some stuff and then buying them for fair prices on the internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭poolfan

its out beside the industrial estate opposite the clayton hotel.you will see it as soon as you are beside the clayton. just look in the direction of the race course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    where abouts? Wouldn't mind trying out some stuff and then buying them for fair prices on the internet

In the same estate as Western Motors, Cunningham Higgins Motors, Curlys Furniture etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭poolfan

ya thats the one

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fago

Unless DID are using the "Galway" model of pricing like other electrical shops here they should be under cutting everyone in Galway.

From previous experience having bought white goods and TV etc from DID Tullamore no shop in Galway could touch them on price.

A friend works in a distributors in Dublin and I got a dishwasher through her. With no markup she could only beat DID's price by about 25 on a 500 euro item.

I would be surprised if there's any other electrical retailer in Galway which will match them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I went in there at lunch and no bargins either.
    lots nice displays though..

Briarhill is the name of that area and roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Nice bright store with good demos but no real bargins at all when I was there. The traffic out of the place was nuts too. Its basically the same as Currys in my opinion. I even recognised staff from Currys.
    They did have 20 x 32" Philips HD Ready LCD TVs as early bird specials that were gone in 5 mins. They were priced at €400. I hope they come down to that price soon everywhere. I'd love one for the bedroom:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

I dropped in there on Sunday - nice store, and handy location for me. Comfy couches for you to sit on and goggle at the screens which is nice!

One comment tho: they should consider introducing one of those little roundabouts where you turn into the place (not the junction for Claregalway road, I mean the one actually in the business park).
    Driving both in and out in light traffic was a painful experience, as people were reversing and turning and doing all sorts of contortions to get in and out. I can only imagine what it would be like when busy...

Bah humbug etc!
    lampsie

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Walshie

I keep trying to tell my wife - 'A bargin is not bargin unless you need it' - but she just won't listen . . . we do need to upgrade some white goods so it's certainly worth a look.

I'll keep you posted like . . .

• Advertisement
Advertisement