Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reg Question

Options
  • 10-10-2008 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

looking at buying a car that has been imported. It's 02 however the Registration is very low, its in the low 20's yet the car itself was not imported in 02. I assumed it was always a first come first served basis with Reg plates, and that if a car was imported in 03 for 02 it would get the last reg number of that year, so it should be very high. Is it possible to get written off plates? car check by the way checks out. Anyone any ideas on this?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Could it have been next in the reserved list below 600?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Very nice spot well done.

Ring the Gardai and ask them to vertify if its right.

If its not then they can investigate it.

Could be a cloned car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Many importers get cherished regs for their cars so as not to make them stand out too much as a import.

The vehicle reg office often hold back on low numbers to sell and sometimes they just dont which means you can purchase them when you import the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Chergar

Many importers get cherished regs for their cars so as not to make them stand out too much as a import.

The vehicle reg office often hold back on low numbers to sell and sometimes they just dont which means you can purchase them when you import the car.

I didnt know that at all, thanks to everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I'd say that's what it is. My car is a late Nov car but I have a single digit plate which I bought!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ditcar

yeh ..even just run a cartell.ie check or similar? my car is 94 import and i have high 300 dublin number, just asked nicely in vrt for lowest number!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Chergar

I ran a car check and ye it checks out. I just was interested even for the knoweldge of it all. Thanks for the info

Advertisement