Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reducing Insurance Premium

Options
  • 10-10-2008 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,quick question.insurance is up for renewable and ive already negotiated a 250 euro discount with my provider but im still looking for a bit more.
    I was told by a mate of mine if i put my missus onto my policy as she is 25/female/full licence it would be bring down my policy?

Can anyone confirm this or is just complete nonsense?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭paddy316i

Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. Just ring them and ask

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

just off the phone,they brought it down a further 95.
    So,from an initial quote of 1160 ive brought it down to 815 by just asking...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

It worked for me, knocked off over 200 quid, but im only 21. she's 22, both full liecences. That was with quinn, was with fbd last year, and it'd of gone up, depends on the insurer

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep, adding herself knock €160 off my policy.

What also helps is driving less. I drive less than 8000 km a year so I get a discount :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Adding a partner or spouce to the policy usually reduces the risk as it takes you out of the higher risk "single young male" catagory or profile that most insurance companies have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 harry4141

Who's offering the best premium for 19yr old son, full licence, first insurance, car value €2000, engine size no more than 1200cc?
    :confused:
    Thanks for any advice or tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Well i was paying 2200 on a 1L when i was 19, prov licence tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,968 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Quinn most likely - 1500 on a 1.1 when I was 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

FWIW, from what I have heard from our commercial broker (and on Newstalk recently) the days of falling premiums have come to an end.

And my cousin recently had his premium increased by FBD-and he is driving a 1.1 Fiesta, zero claims ever, driving nearly 10 years. Needless to say he argued and took his business elsewhere, but to little effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 harry4141

Thanks everyone for the replies. In the current climate, he'll probably continue with public transport!!:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement