Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap brand new laptop

• 10-10-2008 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

Hey,

My laptop is being repaired at the moment and i need one to use because i don't know how long it's gonna take to get mine back.

Any idea on deals in shops/sites would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Pixmania.com have it for the same price anyway.

An eeepc is probably worth a look though,really depends on what you need it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

Just bought one of the Advent 4211 for the OH and it is a great little laptop but as already stated it will all depend what you need it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Hmm, need a basic one but need something strong enough for Java programming.

Don't know the life span but i wouldn't want the laptop to die on me...

Gonna check out the sites, i rang Harvey Norman cause they had advertised a laptop there but the sales assitant didn't know of any deals...

Cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

If you're in Galway. DID have an opening day offer tomorrow on a Toshiba laptop. Also, Dunnes are advertising deals on laptops this weekend, though that may require you to have a loyalty card to get the benefit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Most of them will cope with you doing java programming on them but probably means you want a bigish screen?
    If you don't mind running windows the advent 4211 is pretty nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Hmm, need a basic one but need something strong enough for Java programming.

Don't know the life span but i wouldn't want the laptop to die on me...

Gonna check out the sites, i rang Harvey Norman cause they had advertised a laptop there but the sales assitant didn't know of any deals...

Cheers guys
    You could pick up a vostro A860 for €370 inc vat off dells website, just go to the small business section, might be the end of next week before you get it though. It could also be worth having a look in your local tesco/dunnes, they usual sell brand laptops and might have one at a decentr price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

seclachi wrote: »
    You could pick up a vostro A860 for €370 inc vat off dells website, just go to the small business section, might be the end of next week before you get it though. It could also be worth having a look in your local tesco/dunnes, they usual sell brand laptops and might have one at a decentr price.

Thanks a mill for that!

Just looking at it, my mate works there as well so i might be able to squeeze in a discount and get it asap.

Cheers
    M

Advertisement