Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iceland Auction

Options
  • 10-10-2008 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

eBay Auction

Read the question and replies :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

it's pulled

http://www.flickr.com/photos/titanas/2928595405/sizes/o/

As the advert says, it's a "unique opportunity to buy a Northern European country", albeit one in a "somewhat sketchy financial situation".

The auction started at 99p but has already jumped to £10,000,000, which would still be a bit of a bargain, apart from that:

1) Bjork isn't included.

2) The successful bidder must collect in person. (From Croydon, of all places).

The seller and the bidders are having great fun in the question and answer section too:

Q: Would you be willing to sell any bits separately? I've just started a money lending business and I'm told I need a few big geysers.
    A: Nice pun. P.S. lend us a tenner?

Q: On average if i chipped (in to ice cubes) this country how many glasses of coke would it fill?
    A: Five big ones.

Q: Do you have proof of ownership?
    A: Fish.

Q: Do you have it in any other colours than white?
    A: How did you want it - in the red

Bidders on the site posted questions like: "Do you offer volcano and earthquake insurance?" "Is it possible that my payment will be frozen?" and "Will you accept C.O.D. as a form of payment?"

Advertisement