Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

K.O.! The Fight Before Christmas!

• 10-10-2008 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭

Friday 12th of December, Whitehall Colmcille GAA Club, Collins Avenue, Dublin 9

Full bar, D.J. and a card full of exciting fights!

Friday December 12th in Whitehall Colmcille GAA club, Collins Avenue, Whitehall Dublin 9

Tickets €30 available online via Paypal by clicking here
    from Susan 083-3644690

Or evenings from KO Gym, Unit 6, Glasnevin Business Centre, Ballyboggan Road D.11

The card so far, more bouts to be added:
    Grant Carroll (KO Dublin) vs. Enda Fenton (Point Blank Gym) 61.2kgs D

Kyle Delavri (KO Dublin) vs. Aidan Carney (Point Blank Gym) 77kgs D

Michael O’Leary (KO Dublin) vs. John (Spartan MMA) 70kgs D

Aaron Smith (KO Dublin) vs. Lee Metcalfe (Rush Fight Academy) 77kgs C

Seán Duffy (Rush Fight Academy) vs. Colin English (KO Dublin) 65.8kgs C

El Arf Yousseff (KO Dublin) vs. Phil McRory (Rush Fight Academy) 73kgs C

Gordon Farrell (KO Dublin) vs. Antoine Mobian (Point Blank Gym) 77kgs C

Olli Loutenen (KO Dublin) vs. Trevor McGlynn (UOC Strabane) 77kg C

John Redmond (Rush Fight Academy) vs. Stevie Ching (UOC Strabane) 77kgs (unconfirmed) B

Glen Mulcahy (KO Dublin) vs. Zilve (Rush Fight Academy) 65.8kgs B

Jonny Kerins (KO Dublin) vs. Benjamin Davis (Point Blank Gym Galway) 65.8kgs B

Some fight previews, poster and some more details about the night to follow!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

Can someone give me a rough idea of the difference in the rules in the A, B, C and D fights classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

Thanks man, I had an the jist of the B and C class but wasnt 100% sure.

I'm not one for words like "Super" and "Awesome", but I think we've just made a super awesome match up for our headline bout at The Fight Before Christmas!

Gary Morris (Rush Fight Academy) vs. Tim Murphy (Point Blank Gym)

Previews will follow for all the matches, and there's a few more C class to follow too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

cool

• Advertisement

There's a mistake in my original post:
    Aaron Smith (KO Dublin) vs. Lee Metcalfe (Rush Fight Academy) 77kgs C
    and
    El Arf Yousseff (KO Dublin) vs. Phil McRory (Rush Fight Academy) 73kgs C

Should be:
    El Arf Yousseff (KO Dublin) vs. Lee Metcalfe (Rush Fight Academy) 73kgs C
    and
    Aaron Smith (KO Dublin) vs. Phil McRory (Rush Fight Academy) 73kgs C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

Roper wrote: »
    I'm not one for words like "Super" and "Awesome", but I think we've just made a super awesome match up for our headline bout at The Fight Before Christmas!

Gary Morris (Rush Fight Academy) vs. Tim Murphy (Point Blank Gym)

Previews will follow for all the matches, and there's a few more C class to follow too.

cracking match up right there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Poxy Dublin A class rules not withstanding, this should a good scrap.

I mainly took the fight because I liked the name of the show, it's second only Pete Foley's 'Season's Beatings' which will be on here in Galway. :)
    Michael O’Leary (KO Dublin) vs. John (Spartan MMA) 70kgs D
    If this the same Michael O Leary who used posts on the SD&MA forum? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Roper wrote: »
    Gary Morris (Rush Fight Academy) vs. Tim Murphy (Point Blank Gym)[/B]

If that was the only fight of the night, I'd travel far and wide to see it.

Now thats gotta be a war!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    Poxy Dublin

THIS MEANS WAR:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Will you be dressed as santa barry!

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    Poxy Dublin A class rules not withstanding, this should a good scrap.
    Upstanding member of the community and ex-(dis)gracer of the Whitehall Colmcille shirt I may be, but miracle worker I am not! We have a bit of goodwill to build up before the use of the pointy bits on the ground, but it will come so next time Tim. You can still use your elby bones standing though so not all poxy!
    Tim wrote:
    I mainly took the fight because I liked the name of the show, it's second only Pete Foley's 'Season's Beatings' which will be on here in Galway. :)
    I'm afraid I can't take credit for that it was Colin English who is on the undercard who came up with that.
    Tim wrote:
    If this the same Michael O Leary who used posts on the SD&MA forum?
    Oh I would that it was Tim, that with our constant arguing with empiricism we had tempted him into the MMA fold, but alas, it is but our own humble Michael "Cheap Flight" O'Leary. Lots of gags on there- he doesn't recline for anyone, lots of room in his fights for his knees, he might give out cheap fights, but his opponent has to pay the taxes and so on. But original Michael, if you're out there somewhere, there is a place on this card for you, you know where to find me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Judomad wrote: »
    THIS MEANS WAR:p

No THAT means war :P

Tim was calling the Dublin Rules poxy, not Dublin, for the record only.

No THAT means war :P

Tim was calling the Dublin Rules poxy, not Dublin, for the record only.

yes Mark i knew what he was saying, dont be so sensitive;)

yes Mark i knew what he was saying, dont be so sensitive;)
    No you didn't and no I am not ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

:rolleyes:
    For the record, Dublin is poxy too but that’s not really relevant to this topic.

No you didn't and no I am not ;)

oh so mark is the "your fighting one of my guys so im gonna be as sarcastic as possible to try piss u off" kinda guy!!!!!!!!!!

shame i aint as sensitive to comments as you buddy :D

oh so mark is the "your fighting one of my guys so im gonna be as sarcastic as possible to try piss u off" kinda guy!!!!!!!!!!

shame i aint as sensitive to comments as you buddy :D

Not at all dude its all good :)
    Now lets let Barry's thread get back on track.

Not at all dude its all good :)
    Now lets let Barry's thread get back on track.

no problem at all, looking forward to seeing the younger lads from my club(alot of whom are making debuts) fighting, some great talent under the tutilage of Mr. Cowzer, looking forward to a great night for RFA:)

I hope that if nothing else, that little exchange sold another 10 tickets... :D

Another match just added at C class:

Mick McLaughlin (Kyouijin) vs. Cian Ruane (Kokoro) 77kgs

Ruane making his debut for the Dublin gym, McLaughlin stepping in for his second bout since his debut at Ultimate Conflict.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Hey Roper, can you tell me the difference between the C & D class fights? What are the padded MMA gloves you use?

Hey Roper, can you tell me the difference between the C & D class fights? What are the padded MMA gloves you use?
    The rules are here here but basically the same except with heavier gloves and one less round. The idea of D is to give guys a bit of a first rung in terms of ring fights.

The gloves are ggl-1.jpgor similar.

Another match just added:

Myles Sheridan (Kyoujin, Belfast) vs. Cathal Prendred (Kokoro, Dublin) 84kgs

Great middleweight match up at C class, Prendred coming off his fight of the night win at Ultimate Conflict, and Sheridan the juggernaught making his MMA debut. Looking forward to this one!

TFBC_flyer_main_copy.jpg

Hi Folks,

There are tickets now available for the show on December 12th. They cost €30 and you can buy them online by clicking www.ko-martialarts.com/tfbc or from me at the gym, or by ringing the event coordinator Susan on 083-3644690 to arrange payment and collection/postage. They'll also be available in Warriors MMA shop in Moore Mall from Monday onwards.

The card is almost full with just one or two more fights to be added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Drunkmonkey79

Bit close to the Cage of Truth event and a bit pricey for a mixed pro/am event IMO. You can see UFC for an extra €20.

Thanks for your opinion. Prices are reflective of cost, which as anyone involved in any business will tell you, are higher the smaller you are. The UFC can sell tickets in the nosebleeds for €50 because they also sell 1,000 ringsides for €250, have a large pay per view viewership and have lots of big money sponsors. Every seat at TBFC will be ringside :D

As for it being close to Cage of Truth, they're actually 3 weeks apart, are in different months and are totally different shows so I'm not sure what you're trying to say there.

Still don't quit on it, if you want to spend the price of 5 pints or 80 cigarrettes on an opportunity to watch and support local fighters and local organisations then this is your chance. If I were you I'd go to both Cage of Truth and TFBC to see the top local talent, and then to the UFC the month afterwards to see the top international talent (including our own Tom Egan).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

In all fairness €30 is not that pricey compared to if I was going out (€15 to get in some clubs around Dublin before I even start drinking). Il be there anyway the amateur fights can be very interesting to watch IMO. The local talent/clubs need to be supported its a growing sport. The atmosphere at the local events is also brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Tbh I think local shows are worth the €30-, I love them.

Anymore than €30 and I find it hard to justify as I bring my son to most (certainly all the Dublin shows) so it starts to get expensive for me then.

Drunkmonkey, if you want free Martial Arts there's plenty of amateur competitions around the country with free admission and just as entertaining where you can get to see (at some) a hundred fights or more. So you takes your pick I guess.

• Advertisement

imo this is turning out to have a great card, alot of good up and coming talent on the card, the D and C class matches can be very good as you get to see people using skills that they may not get a chance to use if they are receiving several elbow shots to the head when theere on there back..i also have a certain intrest in another fight also so im really REALLY looking forward to this show ;)

Advertisement