Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone on O2 prepay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

i'd be going for the sony C905 on 3......i'd love an iphone all the same but think i'll wait for the 3rd or 4th generation....

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

The C905 looks good alright, not much internal memory though, cant really use it as an mp3 player can you? Is it only coming out on 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Devious wrote: »
    Quick question guys, sorry if slightly off topic, im with Vodafone and entitled to an upgrade , have had a Nokia N91 for the past 2 years and want a change, I was going to switch to 02 and get the 16 gig iphone but im not so sure now. If you guys had the choice what would you go for? Should I wait for new models?
    Honestly, I'd wait it out until the Dev Team unlocks it because the iPhone Tarriff that O2 provide is absolutely horrible. I changed my mind about switching on the day it was released - instead I spent €300 on a 2G iPhone, now it's unlocked and jailbroken with 2.1 and I love it to bits, EDGE is manageable for the time being, even seems quick sometimes, sure there's wireless hotspots everywhere (and work and at home).

iPhone.png

The C905 looks good alright, not much internal memory though, cant really use it as an mp3 player can you? Is it only coming out on 3?

You could use it for anything, i'm sure it'll be supplied with a memory card so mp3 is no problem....
    I doubt it's exclusive to 3 but it dosen't bother me as i'm gonna stick with 3....

Username! wrote: »
    Honestly, I'd wait it out until the Dev Team unlocks it because the iPhone Tarriff that O2 provide is absolutely horrible. I changed my mind about switching on the day it was released - instead I spent €300 on a 2G iPhone, now it's unlocked and jailbroken with 2.1 and I love it to bits, EDGE is manageable for the time being, even seems quick sometimes, sure there's wireless hotspots everywhere (and work and at home).

iPhone.png

what network are you on with the 2G iphone, voda?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

iPhone white available on o2.ie now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Another question for ye guys who already have iphones- i have a friend who has one and it seems that when i call him on it, the reception isnt great? is this a common problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

what network are you on with the 2G iphone, voda?

Up in the top left corner bud, Meteor. Prices still suck but 99c a day for a maximum 50MB is good, haven't even got to that level yet and I've had it nearly a month (see, wireless hotspots everywhere).
    Another question for ye guys who already have iphones- i have a friend who has one and it seems that when i call him on it, the reception isnt great? is this a common problem?
    Receiption was an issue with the older Firmware (2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2) but that was fixed with 2.1. Now to be honest, it's not hugely impressive with the iPhone 2G but it still works no problem (the metal back is most likely the problem, another reason I'm looking forward to the 3G unlocking - not paying those eBay prices).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

I have no issues with my iphone. However, my brother is having some issues with his. Although lately i haven't heard him come whining to me....

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

You could use it for anything, i'm sure it'll be supplied with a memory card so mp3 is no problem....
    I doubt it's exclusive to 3 but it dosen't bother me as i'm gonna stick with 3....

Thats true. Any idea when it arrives on 3? No mention of it on their site?

• Advertisement

Thats true. Any idea when it arrives on 3? No mention of it on their site?

Heard early november, so in the next 2 or 3 weeks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 scottyevo

Too be honest i think 480 for the 8G is really expensive! O2 trying to rip us off!! and the fact we only get 12months free WIFI is also horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭odie2020

If i buy a Speakeasy Iphone 3G can i just stick in my O2 Bill pay sim and work away? Without having to sign up to one of those silly Iphone tarrifs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

yes:)

Thanks Metalfest,

The folks in the O2 shop said that it wouldnt work and i would have to sign up to an iphone tarrif,

Have you tried this on an LOCKED phone?

don't trust them,they just want more money .
    the phone will be locked to an o2 sim, do you know any1 with the phone on bill pay? if so try your sim in their phone

I got that impression!!

But i dont know anybody with a bill pay IPhone,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

I was just looking at carphonewarehouse.ie and I see the iphone is now available in pay as you go with O2....since when is this?!? and am I reading this right?!

any predictions as to whether or not there will be a nice price drop after xmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Since Oct 1st, as for a price drop, doubtful since it cots the network a fortune to have it thats why its so expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

so for someone who would like a pay as you go iphone as cost effective as poss but safe enough aswell, whats the best option?

get an unlocked iphone off ebay? and put my normal sim in it???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

The temptation is killing me! Don't really want to drop €500+ on a phone but so tempted...Might go for the N95 instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lockie

you can get iPhone 3G on pay as you go from any O2 and CPW

8GB €480
    16GB €569

you can pay cash and do the activation at home. you even use your current sim card if you opt for upgrade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What exactly needs activating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Bond-007 wrote: »
    What exactly needs activating?

The device, it needs to be registered online to activate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

So sticking a sim card into it is not enough?

I take it buying overseas will cause huge problems with activation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Bond-007 wrote: »
    So sticking a sim card into it is not enough?

I take it buying overseas will cause huge problems with activation?

Nope, you need iTunes to activate it.

There are some unlocked iPhones available in some european countries, and there is a turbosim which allows you to use the phone with any sim card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Any irish iPhone will work with any O2 SIM card. The activating through iTunes thing was only ever in America and the UK for the 1st gen iPhone. You still need to connect to iTunes, but it just asks you to set up an Apple ID, which you don't have to do if you don't want to.

i think they need to realize they're selling phones.......
    like think about it, half a grand for a phone......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Theres phones more expensive than that, plus Apple set the price of it

• Advertisement

i know, i just think it a bit crazy like.....

Advertisement