Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L'pool League Cup, and NEC Nijmegen Uefa Cup.

Options
  • 10-10-2008 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking into going to one of these two games, either a trip to london for the liverpool league cup game, or to an away UEFA cup game, probably Nijmegen.

I've only ever bought league game tickets as a member, but I am no longer a member (forgot to renew) and have never gone to an away game or a cup game (bar the final last year!!! :))

Any suggestions as to which match will be easiest to get to, how, why etc etc. Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Liverpool in the Carling, you haven't a hope in hell of a ticket for Nijmegen as we're only getting 600 tickets and it will sell out to ST holders with 500+ Loyalty Points IMO (as a reference, I have 401 LPs from four years as a ST holder, two of which I had/have an away ST for as well)

I doubt the Pool game will be a sell out, so you should manage to get a ticket on general sale, which begins the 22nd October. If you don't manage that, my ticket should be going spare.

Ticket details for Carling Cup 4th round

In addition, if you want to buy tickets for away games it's a good idea to get yourself a membership again, and for most league games you'll be ok (with exception of Goons, West Ham, ManYoo, probably the promoted sides as well)

Fulham in November is always a good day out, as is Newcastle in December.

Hopefully you'll read this in time...

Looks like Udinese will not sell out, all ST holders who applied have got a ticket and club now selling to members. Might even go on general sale, but will be spares doing rounds out there.

Aer Lingus fly to Venice, which is about 2hrs away by train.

Ryanair may also fly to Trieste from Dublin (not sure) which is closer.

I will be there with loads of mates from London, if you're interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

yes, yes i am!! :) ty!! gonna look into details now!!

Aer Lingus to Venice (wed-fri) will set you back €200 which is a bit ouch.

Ryanair can do the following:

Dublin - Bologna Forli (wed morning) for c€35 [train to Udine from Bologna takes 3hr 45m)

Milan bergamo - Dublin (fri evening) for c€27 [train to Milan from Udine takes nearly 5hr]

In both cases allow for transit times to/from the Ryanair airports.

Not sure of train prices.

p.s. that is very doable, you'd have wed evening and all day thurs in Udine, probably have to leave Udine for Milan no later than 11am.

• Advertisement
Advertisement