Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warranty problem!!!

• 10-10-2008 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,
    6 monts ago I bougt from expansys.ie PDA HP Ipaq 214. Everythink was fine till last mont. I've got on the screen small dead pixel, and the speaker had stoped working recently and it happened nealrly immediatelly, first- making noises, and after some time it wasn't working at alll. Because PDA still is on warranty I returned it to expansys to be fixed. They send it for repair to HP.
    After 2weeks time I've got mesage from expansys:

"We have now received a quote from HP to issue a replacement Ipaq as they have found yours to be unrepairable due to liquid damage. The cost inc VAT/shipping is £173.97."

I totally disagree with that quote. PDA never had any contact with any liquid. Mostly I had used it in the car or inside the house. I never used it outdoor, and allways used to carry it within case and screen protector on it. Ipaq is covered by the warranty and it wasn't damage made by me whatsoever. So why should I pay for what covered under warranty for repair or replacement? I think that were they easy answer to not fix PDA on them cost. What can I do now? I want to my PDA to be fix or replaced.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ask for proof of the liquid damage. They will provide it.

Have you ever left the car door / window open in the rain? Carried the phone from the house to the car in the rain? Had the phone in your pocket in the rain? Gone to the gym and had your phone in your pocket (sweat!) ? So many ways this could happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,025 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Most common form of liquid damage is through the ear piece or in the system connector / usb interface from leaving phones on pub tables and what not.
    Its very easy to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

Get them to send you the x-ray of the phone.

This is how most repair companies check for moisture damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Your handset was more than likely sent to a company who is a subcontractor for HP. This subcontractor then have to run a battery of tests and show evidence that a phone is faulty to HP. They then fix it and HP sends them a cheque. If they cannot produce this evidence - ie if you have damaged your phone, they don't get paid and they send you a quotation.In short its in their interest to find that the handset is faulty as they get their money back - easy enough. If they issue a quotation they've shipped the phone to and from the customer and spent time looking at it for work that may be declined. Your warranty doesn't cover liquid damage. Simple as that really.

Advertisement