Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too much Homework.....not enough study

Options
  • 10-10-2008 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

I'm in 6tyh year and should be revising for my leaving however I have so much homework I have no time.

Alot of my teachers are behind teaching the course and are trying to make up time by pilling on the hw. This is especially btrue in History,Art History and Geography.
    Not to mention I am supposed to be finishing a portfolio, I am doing a course which takes me 2 hours to get to and they refuse to make any allowences for me.
    I did 7 hours of homework and wednesday night

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

All I can say is that everyone's in the same boat really!
    Also, it was your own choice to do a portfolio through sixth year, therefore you shouldn't get an exemption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

All the homework you get in 6th year is exam material, thus it could appear on the paper in June. Treat your homework like study. Read over your answers, make sure you understand them and are not just writing them down because they're correct etc.

History is a son of a bitch, I'm doing it myself. I try and do at least 3 essays a week and then hand it up to the teacher to correct. I'm sure your teacher would do the same.

And you're probably no further behind than anybody else, we are only a quarter way through our third history book out of four! It's ridiculous yeah, but very interesting. If you like the subjects you're doing, you should and should want to do well regardless of how long it takes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The homework will start to ease up as you get the courses finished then your teachers will probably go into intense revision- too early to be panicking!

Advertisement