Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops that sell Pro Evo early.

Options
  • 10-10-2008 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Maybe if anybody knows of a shop/has bought it before release date, they could post it in here for everyone else to take advantage of.

Last year, Golden Discs in Carlow sold it to me the day before, although it's was a bit expensive(and ultimately crap, given the state of the game:D). Hopefully this year will be better.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Here's an ebay seller who is Irish, and posts the game out when he gets it(usually 2-3 days pre-release). Heard good things about him, and €54 delivered isn't bad.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=260297816373

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Last year ebay was full of copies from Asia which were very cheap. Is PES this year only compatible with European PS3s? Or will it work on any PS3 since Blu Ray discs are region free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Dirk_Diggler

Is there any shops in town that will accept a couple of second hand games for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

BrightEyes wrote: »
    Last year ebay was full of copies from Asia which were very cheap. Is PES this year only compatible with European PS3s? Or will it work on any PS3 since Blu Ray discs are region free?

PS3 games are region free. It's the DVDs that are region locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I'd love if somehow this evening I got it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Xtravision usually sell it on Thursday after 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Vendetta

Do Tescos 24 hour in Dundrum sell it at midnight for release? Is there any small shop around Dublin that will sell it early? Really want this game as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This is going to be dirt cheap in Tesco on Friday. €35 I think.

Amazing where did you hear this?

Non-food newsletter week 34 :D

• Advertisement

Thanks Shane gonna try pick it up early in Tescos 24 hours now. :)

I wouldn't buy it at midnight, the price might not go down until later on Friday, same thing happened with FIFA.

Ok, this is the ps3 version not the ps2 version ye?

360 version, I don't know about the other platforms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Which Tescos sell PS3 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

when is the release date? for ps3

I know dundrum sells games in tescos. Most of the big stores do. It's released this Friday the 17th on ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

wouldn't it be nice if irish retailers broke the mould and actually released it on its european release date of 16/10. instead we just get lumped in as part of the UK, and as if that wasn't bad enough, suffer the ignominy of getting it a day later

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just has a look on play.com and it says it is in stock! Also looked at another oct 17th release game (Saints Row 2) but it says 'pre-order' beside that. It may be possible that if you order it today you could have it on wed/thurs?? Or do they stick to the whole "it will arrive on release day" spiel?

I saw that as well but according to guys on wenb and pesfan they wont ship it until Wednesday. U may get it Thursday but chances are slim. Probably will arrive on release date and I don't want to take the chance of it being later. 35 in Tescos is the best way to go in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

I've just read a post on pesfan.com by a guy who claims he got it on Sunday 12th in Game Stop in Henry st. Hmmmm.... can anyone prove that this is nonsense?
    deebest wrote:
    I just picked it up in Gamestop on Henry Street in Dublin, I had to ask for it put it didnt seem to be a problem. I thought it was out already I guess I did well.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

Phoole wrote: »
    I've just read a post on pesfan.com by a guy who claims he got it on Sunday 12th in Game Stop in Henry st. Hmmmm.... can anyone prove that this is nonsense?

I'd say he's lieing tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

gamestop sell a game early...lolz..definetly BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

maninblack wrote: »
    I'd say he's lieing tbh
    I'd really love to know wot these people have to gain by lying. It's just plain unnessessary and frustrating. Argh!

Advertisement