Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cannot connect to xbox live

• 10-10-2008 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

hey guys i cannot connect to xbox live when i power up the xbox i have to manually select a profile then when i try to log into xbox live it wont.
    it passes all tests bar the (xbox live)
    anyone know what i need to do to solve it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

Throw it out the window!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

why do we have fools posting if you cannot post anything helpful dont bother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I see no flaws in that mans advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WillyWonkaBar

I Also see no flaw in his Advice.

My mate has the Exact same problem with his.
    But i Dont, Because Im great
    and i Get Free XBoX Live.
    Yaaaaay :D

But If i find a Fix, I'll Let You Know.

Ignore the above Troll-ish comments. It might be your router. I know that there's a known issue with people using Eircom Broadband (nothing to do with the service Eircom provide, which is excellent). Basically you need to set your firewall settings to "Low", as opposed to "Medium" or "High". Hope this solves your problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I have the exact same thing as of the other day. Passes everything except Xbox live. I'll try the firewall thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

funkyflea wrote: »
    I have the exact same thing as of the other day. Passes everything except Xbox live. I'll try the firewall thing.

Check out the stickys, they explain how its done.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ItsChip

Guys the exact same thing is happening to me.All tests have passed except the xbox live one,Im in serious need of advice,Ive tried the firewall thing,even turned it off at one stage and it didnt work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Are any of your xbox's flashed? I was having the same problem I got banz0rd, cause my xbox was flashed :D Passes everything besides xbox live.. So I went and bought a sexy new elite :pac:

Check the more info thing in the network adpater.. if your banned it will tell you there!

EDIT:
    Re-reading your posts this is since the other day? Yeah I reckon thats the problem it wont tell you straight out your banned it will just seem your internet isn't working on the box. If you never flashed your console then good, if its second hand then hard luck

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

I had the same problem yesterday, but I just turned off and back on my modem and it connected fine, lots of other people having the problem though if you go to xbox.com forums.

• Advertisement

CyberWaste wrote: »
    I had the same problem yesterday, but I just turned off and back on my modem and it connected fine, lots of other people having the problem though if you go to xbox.com forums.

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that also!

http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/11/14/having-xbox-live-connection-issues.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

There server had a problem last night. It was on the website. I couldnt connect ether

My mates problem was fixed when he typed "eircom1" and "broadband" as the password, into one of the additional settings,

so if you have eircom broadband try that out.

dont know if that helps, but Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

My mates problem was fixed when he typed "eircom1" and "broadband" as the password, into one of the additional settings,

so if you have eircom broadband try that out.

dont know if that helps, but Meh.

Tried that out there myself, didn't help. I also tryed setting the firewall at low, again wasn't what was wrong. I haven't played my xbox in ages, so I just presumed it was something to do with membership expiring. Really want to get back online as I've just gotten cod 5!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

I've the same problem in my folks house. I use Digiweb in my house and it works fine all the time but I've since moved back to my folks while we are getting our extension work done and I can't connect to xbox live and they have eircom bb so i guess its an eircom bb issue.

will try the suggestions above tonight and let you know if i get connected.

You should all still check the more info section on the network adapter in the testing network part. It has happened before where MS banned people who didn't have a flashed xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

hey all, just to let you know I can now connect to xbox live. I changed the firewall to low and I had also added xbox live gaming in the NAT section of the configuration so not sure if that also made a difference or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Skippy65

I couldnt connect for a while so reset my xbox to default settings and turned my router off and on. My router only has one ethernet output so i have to turn it off and on everytime i switch from pc to xbox and vice versa, maybe yours is the same. By the way does anyone know if its possible to connect to both pc and xbox at same time with one ethernet output?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

They are turning off servers in preparation for the massive update in the next few days to ensure the service goes down for as long as possible and Live users get as p*ssed as possible to boost their forums total post count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

i had the same problem, solved it by retrieving my gamertag, try this.

• Advertisement

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    i had the same problem, solved it by retrieving my gamertag, try this.

I still cannot connect, but I will give this a try now. Don't see why I should have to :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

All you need to do is run the Xbox live test. Where ever it fails press Y and check the status code. The Z line is the one to be interested in. Google whats written there.
    Its one of 3 things
    Xbox live is down as its been on and off the past week or so in prep for NXE
    or
    Your network settings aren't correct, be it firewalls or incorrect IP's.
    or
    Your banned from Xbox live either correctly for a modded console or incorrectly by mistake. Bans have been happening over the past few weeks for both modded and non modded consoles.

ROC1977 wrote: »
    Bans have been happening over the past few weeks for both modded and non modded consoles.

Why would bans be happening for non modified consoles?

EDIT: Just tryed my xbox there again, signed into xbox live grand. Happy days!

it happens quiet a lot. If you look in the Xbox.com forums lost of people say they have been banned for nothing. But un banned again a few days later. I've read that once your 360 starts to act up like not reading discs (open tray error) its flagged to M/s as a modded 360. Don't know if thats true. But thats what I've read over the years with the bans.

They might be just dtopping people from going online, so they can update the new dashboard.
    my mate had the same prob and it came back a few days later and he had to update and it gave him the new dashboard.

over the past couple of bans. Not just before the NXE.

ROC1977 wrote: »
    it happens quiet a lot. If you look in the Xbox.com forums lost of people say they have been banned for nothing. But un banned again a few days later. I've read that once your 360 starts to act up like not reading discs (open tray error) its flagged to M/s as a modded 360. Don't know if thats true. But thats what I've read over the years with the bans.

Never heard of that myself. I think it was all just really for the new update that they were launching today, as I said mine was back up and running yesterday. I just wonder how everyone else got on????

Advertisement