Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They ban you for anything round here....

Options
  • 10-10-2008 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

So, there I am in AH. Had posted a thread as a bit of banter. All good fun. The booze was flowing and there were birds everywhere.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055395411&page=4

I'm crap with computers, so the above link could send you to a thread on jamrags in the ladies lounge for all I know...but I think that's the one.

I log on after a hard day at the office, to find myself at the centre of a concerted "LIES!!! POSH SOUTHSIDER!!! BUM-PINCHEEE!!!YOU MADE IT UP!!!! " campaign by 2 other users.

Like the man of honour I am, I roll up my Gucci sleeves and get stuck in. I don't need to report the posts to mammy. I'm happy for a bit of homme-on-homme internet mud wrestling, to see who has the biggest man-wanger. No hard feeling against the 2 boys in question.

Then some bloke called Karoma rocks in. He says "yiz are all ****ers".

And that's OK, apparently.

I look around at this young scoundrel, and wonder to myself "who's this muppet?".

Basically, I said "You, good sir, are in fact the ****er round here".

So, what does he do? He bans me!!! For repeating back to him what he said to us.

That banning stinks more than a flutterin bantam shyte.

Seriously, the fact that you call people who post on your forum ****ers is just shyte moderating.

I'm not appealing the ban. Just giving my valuable feedback, hence it's in here :D

Look after yourselves and each other, folks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

You negelected to mention the part where you called another poster a knacker.
    You also seem to forget the part where you dove in with ad hominem attacks on another posters contributions.
    They flamed, and you retorted with personal abuse.
    I didn't direct the "****er" thing at any one particular user.
    You were given a chance to get back on topic, you failed. You got a ban for your efforts.

You're zany. I love every post you post the way you post it. You zany ****er you.

Someone make Karoma an SMod and ban Tallaght01 from here please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Oh man, he/she set you up and knocked you down. No one to blame but yourself :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

tallaght01 wrote: »

Look after yourselves and each other, folks.

Will do! You take care of yourself to now ya hear!

{{{hugs}}}

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Just read the thread, gave me a wry smile, great story. Well worth a ban to get it all out there :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Karoma wrote: »
    You negelected to mention the part where you called another poster a knacker.
    You also seem to forget the part where you dove in with ad hominem attacks on another posters contributions.
    They flamed, and you retorted with personal abuse.
    I didn't direct the "****er" thing at any one particular user.
    You were given a chance to get back on topic, you failed. You got a ban for your efforts.

You're zany. I love every post you post the way you post it. You zany ****er you.

That's fine.

Now let's ignore the fact that that kid was pretty rude to me, and the fact that you would have said worse things to him if he'd given u the same hassle that he gave me.....

BUt you didn't ban me for calling him a knacker.

You banned me for talking back to you. That's just narcisisisisisistic.

I love all your bannings. So do you, evidently.

Mena wrote: »
    Just read the thread, gave me a wry smile, great story. Well worth a ban to get it all out there :D

LOL I was just thinking that it was totally worth it for the bit of banter :P

Mena wrote: »

Aye; 'twas a good thread so it was. He wasn't banned for it. As it is, I may lock it because the OP lost his right to reply. Damn shame.

I love all your bannings. So do you, evidently.
    Where's the evidence? I pointed you to the Help Desk where I don't have 2 try read ur psts. You came her to attention-whore.
    You were on a warning with the others. You didn't take the hint. I'll be the first to agree that it was harsh. ...but... but. *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Aye; 'twas a good thread so it was. He wasn't banned for it. As it is, I may lock it because the OP lost his right to reply. Damn shame.

Probably for the best, can only go south from here :P

I pointed you to the Help Desk where I don't have 2 try read ur psts.

You know what else you did? You called me and the other 2 guys fukkas.

Then I called you a fukka.

That made you sad.

Anyway, I'm not here to hate on u :P I was just making the point that you maybe need to have a rethink of your attitude, and what you expect from people.

I've said it to you before, not everyone is going to just allow you to abuse them without saying anything.Not everyone is a sycophant. I know it's easy to get away with on here, but it doesn't make it right.

Think of this as constructive feedback ;)

• Advertisement

****er is abuse? Context, mother****er, consider it.

I did not ban you for calling me a ****er. It barely registered. It was the whole post. You simply refused to get back on topic after a warning which came after you were insulting and abusive. You got a ban.

I'll take your feedback on board, etc.

Being abusive and condescending have repercussions? That's your point right? That was mine too. We should make babies.

LOL You TOTALLY banned me for calling you a ****er.But it's cool, man, we all have our mental days.

This reminds me of how old school feedback used to be :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

128681337261098170.jpg

i still cant tell if this is serious or not
    :confused:

Nerin wrote: »
    128681337261098170.jpg

i still cant tell if this is serious or not
    :confused:

Man, it's been forever since I saw a cat pic!!!!!

I used to hate them, but there's a little piece of me that never recovered from their loss to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Man, it's been forever since I saw a cat pic!!!!!

I used to hate them, but there's a little piece of me that never recovered from their loss to us.
    i was going to go to the effort of making a knacker cat....but i havent had enough caffeine

180px-Chav.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Its hard to imagine that theres actually some threads on which tallaght01 doesn't talk complete and utter ****e , but they exist... just like Santa claus

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Banned for keeping an AH thread off topic? I'm surprised there is anyone left in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

But but but a mod banned another mod and now there is a fightdapower thread.
    Noes bring back the mod conspiracy with out it there will be chaos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Boston wrote: »
    Its hard to imagine that theres actually some threads on which tallaght01 doesn't talk complete and utter ****e , but they exist... just like Santa claus
    i'm pretty sure there is some irony in there somewhere...just cant place it.

nerin..where's that caffine?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,435 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Myth wrote: »

Oh, dear God, please, no.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

What does MOD rhyme with,let me think GOD
    GODS OF THE AIRWAVES...........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Myth wrote: »

But I like them both. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Well, I think that Tallagh did deserve the banning for immediatly going off topic again after being warned.

But Karoma displayed the exact mod mentality alot of people on boards hates, by straight out calling the two offending posters f*ckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I liked Tallaght01's posts in that thread, he was being attacked by two muppets, Nehaxak or something and FlutterinBantam.. they brought the thread off topic.. Don't know either if this is a joke but he shouldn't be banned for something so trivial.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Have to agree with dave 147 on this one. But im interested now as i think i might have been in that boat. 1770 ???:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Free the Tallaght 01!

Cheers guys :D

Listermint.....if u got "splashed", I'm soooooo sorry.

Some old dear kept going on about taking a hit, but there were 14 other people onboard too.

I didn't think I got anyone else, but I could be wrong :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Im personally glad he got hit with the ban hammer, becaulse feedback has become rather dull lately and need a bit of spice.

We need a little more name calling and lolcats in this thread.

plskthanksbi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

kaimera wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure there is some irony in there somewhere...just cant place it.

nerin..where's that caffine?

Don't get me wrong, I like tallaght01, he's like a shorter, less attractive, me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Boston wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I like tallaght01, he's like a shorter, less attractive, me.

Then why couldn't you get a girlfriend?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement