Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They ban you for anything round here....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

snyper wrote: »
    Im personally glad he got hit with the ban hammer, becaulse feedback has become rather dull lately and need a bit of spice.

We need a little more name calling and lolcats in this thread.

plskthanksbi

LOL

I'll start by threatening Karoma......"I'm gonna destroy your deep space 9 blu-ray collection" or something like that.

That would totally old-school this thread up :P

I warn u, though, Snyper, I'll draw the line at threatening to rape him. Just so you don't get your hopes up :P

Boston wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I like tallaght01, he's like a shorter, less attractive, me.

Dude, that's beautiful......but since when did I become a sub 4-foot pygmy with more than one severe skin problems?????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

tallaght01 wrote: »
    LOL

I'll start by threatening Karoma......"I'm gonna destroy your deep space 9 blu-ray collection" or something like that.
    128681379556968087.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Varkov wrote: »
    Then why couldn't you get a girlfriend?

0_o
    Dude, that's beautiful......but since when did I become a sub 4-foot pygmy with more than one severe skin problems?????

Around the age of 15.

Jesus, Nerin, you must have a phenomenal amount of free time :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Jesus, Nerin, you must have a phenomenal amount of free time :P
    i thought that was obvious :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nerin wrote: »
    128681379556968087.jpg

should have done julian bashir, reminds me of tallaght01! :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Dave147 wrote: »
    I liked Tallaght01's posts in that thread, he was being attacked by two muppets, Nehaxak or something and FlutterinBantam.. they brought the thread off topic..

He was told to stay on topic after abusing other posters, he ignored the warning and got a ban. It's pretty clear cut. I'm surprised Karoma left it at a warning I would have banned him for the abuse myself. And to think Karoma calls me the soft.*

Don't let the username fool you, I use a lot of starch when I wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Just wondering how another mod views the personal abuse of Karoma on the two posters?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

He was told to stay on topic after abusing other posters, he ignored the warning and got a ban. It's pretty clear cut. I'm surprised Karoma left it at a warning I would have banned him for the abuse myself. And to think Karoma calls me the soft.*

Don't let the username fool you, I use a lot of starch when I wash.

AlmightilystarchedCushion?

• Advertisement

after abusing other posters, .

Now, we talkin bout me or Karoma here?

See, I accept I was abit out of order.

But do you think it's OK to call other posters ****ers?

Like, what would yo have done if I'd called him a ****er first?

Just out of curiousity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Earthhorse wrote: »
    But I like them both. :)
    +1

Karoma was like a helpful brother to me when I moderated After Hours.
    tallaght01 is just one hell of a likeable guy... although he was posting some pretty weird sh1t on that thread.

Dudess wrote: »
    +1

tallaght01 is just one hell of a likeable guy... although he was posting some pretty weird sh1t on that thread.

Yea, sorry :P

Combo of a 16 hour shift, and getting annoyed at being hassled on a thread that I started just for a bit of banter.

But I'm glad I can at least accept when I had been a bit silly.

Though there's still a part of me that thinks you should have a go at someone who starts giving u ****?

Do the kids not do that anymore?

I bet there's no scraps on the way home from school these days :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

To be honest, I'm not a fan of it, unless the context of the post clearly shows that it wasn't meant in an abusive manner.

On another matter, I'd just like to say your opening post in this thread is blantantly misleading. You say that Karoma banned you for calling him a fúcker. Now if he had just said you were banned then it would be easy to come to the conclusion that he banned you for calling him a fúcker. He clearly said you were banned (you can't miss it) for going off topicyet you come here and waffle a load of shíte about being banned for abusing him even though he abused you first.

Also after seeing this part of your post
    I don't need to report the posts to mammy. I'm happy for a bit of homme-on-homme internet mud wrestling, to see who has the biggest man-wanger.

it shows that you have a blantant disregard for the forum rules. When you get back in, you should lose that mindframe if you want to keep your access to after hours.

On another matter, I'd just like to say your opening post in this thread is blantantly misleading. You say that Karoma banned you for calling him a fúcker. Now if he had just said you were banned then it would be easy to come to the conclusion that he banned you for calling him a fúcker. He clearly said you were banned (you can't miss it) for going off topicyet you come here and waffle a load of shíte about being banned for abusing him even though he abused you first.

My opening post tells it like it is :P

This bloke called me a ****er. Now any bloke in here with anything resembling a scrote isn't gonna stand for that. I know a few of the more timid guys on here let Karoma just behave like that, but the rest of us shouldn't have to.

But he wouldn't say it to me in real life, and he shouldn't say it on here.

When the forum moderator says ur a ****ker, and u respond...that isn't going off topic.

Tallaght01....standing up to "The man" since 2008 :P

And I still think it's mostly pussies who report posts for that kind of thing, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

Dave147 wrote: »
    I liked Tallaght01's posts in that thread, he was being attacked by two muppets, Nehaxak or something and FlutterinBantam.. they brought the thread off topic.. Don't know either if this is a joke but he shouldn't be banned for something so trivial.

Don't mind the Flutty Butty. He has a few attention issues these days from what I can gather. Anger issues too. I think it may be down to the TD being curtailed!

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

tallaght01 and herr K, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the brief glimpse of what used to be feedback....:D

I would normally add a cat or two but their all rusted to the bottom of my hard drive..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,435 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

As requested....!
    funny_pictures_cat_scratches_post.jpg

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I don't see any feedback here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Gordon wrote: »

But....but....Its. so. entertaining.

Pftt, oh well then, I'm off to read another new feedback thread about someone complaining about adverts before this one's locked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Gordon wrote: »

It's the kind of feedback thread that used to makes new users think boards is full of idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

what the hell is a star-er anyway?
    ****er .. smells like fucking censorship failure to me

but on the plus side when tallaght01 is unbanned he might have more amusing anecdotes to tell ..... actually what did happen with the texting-sisters?

hussey wrote: »
    what the hell is a star-er anyway?
    ****er .. smells like fucking censorship failure to me

but on the plus side when tallaght01 is unbanned he might have more amusing anecdotes to tell ..... actually what did happen with the texting-sisters?

Dude, they found out.

Oh sweet mother of jesus, it all got a bit mental.

Kudos to you for your memory, though! That was ages ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

ive only got one ban ever and in fairness to the mod, i deserved it :P i mean i call people **** but its indiscriminate :P dont care who it is a **** a wanker...but in saying that most people here are nice and ive never really had a problem with a person more problems with opinions, but sure thats the beauty of t'internet init, say whatever ya ****in like :D

Dude, they found out.

Oh sweet mother of jesus, it all got a bit mental.

Kudos to you for your memory, though! That was ages ago!

I've arranged dates with both of them over the next 2 weeks, even though they both know I'm texting the other one. So, my questions to the panel are:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055363513

Did they not always know????

hussey wrote: »

Well, I assumed they did. But it was never mentioned.

Anyway, things were getting a bit frisky by text one night with one of them, when suddenly she said something along the lines of "OMG I bet my sister isn't such a slut with u!!"....and it all went downhill from there :P

Well, I assumed they did. But it was never mentioned.

Anyway, things were getting a bit frisky by text one night with one of them, when suddenly she said something along the lines of "OMG I bet my sister isn't such a slut with u!!"....and it all went downhill from there :P

Details!!
    You should have said "Yeah she is actually, she even suggested a 3Way"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭auerillo

I committed the henious crime of sending one private message of thanks to a few members who had contributed to, and previously expressed an interest in, the topic here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055375700&page=3

The unedited text of my message of thanks was:
    auerillo wrote: »
    Re: OB Help Desk and Feedback forums
    As a post script to our correspondence, I've had a number of posts from members mentioning that OB has not been abusive, rude or nasty since the threads appeared in the Help Desk and Feedback forums. Whether its a coincidence, whether someone did have a word with him, or whether the sheer weight of the evidence made him stop and think, lets hope it will be a permanent chance for the better and lets hope the politics threads can become more interesting and welcoming places, and thanks again for your help..

This irony is that message was enough to get banned from the politics forum, where very few people contribute anyhow for the very reason that the moderators are unfair! I have to say it gave my colleagues at work a good laugh, and they even cheered when I put a copy of the correspondence on our noticeboard.

Evidently, we are not allowed to send a message to other members before first establishing if they wish to be contacted, but no clue is given from the moderator who said that as to how we are supposed to do that, nor does that appear anywhere in the rules I have seen, but that's the reason I was banned! The moderator in question decided that it was "spam" to send one message of thanks to a few members who had previously expressed an interest in the topic!

It would, of course, be incorrect for anyone to think it might have been spite or pettiness on the moderators behalf bearing in mind the previous exchanges we had in the thread quoted above.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

auerillo wrote: »
    I have to say it gave my colleagues at work a good laugh, and they even cheered when I put a copy of the correspondence on our noticeboard.
    lol

Did they clap and shout "hurrah" or did they say "hip hip hooray"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

stovelid wrote: »
    It's the kind of feedback thread that used to makes new users think boards is full of idiots.

Isn't it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement