Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They ban you for anything round here....

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Gordon wrote: »
    lol

Did they clap and shout "hurrah" or did they say "hip hip hooray"?

That was the chaps at the club, at the office it was 'What ho Auerillo , Jolly good show man, about time someone gave that bounder what for'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Go easy guys :). Auerillo feels he was treated unfairly and it looks to me as if he was. Sure his PMs were quite spammy but not worthy of a banning (imo).

Dudess wrote: »
    Go easy guys :). Auerillo feels he was treated unfairly and it looks to me as if he was. Sure his PMs were quite spammy but not worthy of a banning (imo).

I have no idea on that, I just know that claimng to/actually pinning up your pms in the office and getting a cheer is funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

He was told to stay on topic after abusing other posters, he ignored the warning and got a ban. It's pretty clear cut. I'm surprised Karoma left it at a warning I would have banned him for the abuse myself. And to think Karoma calls me the soft.*

Don't let the username fool you, I use a lot of starch when I wash.

i for one can vouch for this AC's starchiness

snyper wrote: »
    i for one can vouch for this AC's starchiness

jeepers enough already with your tales of Cushion's almighty stiffness. You know where to take it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Aurelio, get your own thread, ya knacker :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

copacetic wrote: »
    jeepers enough already with your tales of Cushion's almighty stiffness. You know where to take it

i'm not taking his stiffness! :eek:

Nerin wrote: »
    i'm not taking his stiffness! :eek:

listen, I don't wanna hear which pocket you wear the hanky in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Uhmmmm interesting thread indeed,verry interesting.

Loads of use of OP "attacked" and a "campaign" waged against him:confused:

Then, like the Serengeti, when the lioness and the gnu get it on, the box jawed hyenas and the baldy headed storky fcukers suddenly appear and try to take a few sly snaps,and watch in the wings for any carcasses which might accrue

The Pee Flynners are there too, suggesting that certain posters are "not well" and have issues relating to anger.
    Some of these gimps joined a few months ago!!.

:D So its feedback ye want is it??

Op posted stuff and another poster thought it was not great and said so.
    Another poster agreed and suddenly a row ensued.

Various posters got involved and things got a bit rough when the ref. blew the whistle and warned that the next offender would be in trouble.

OP put it up to him, and ref had no other option but to red card the lad.

I feel sorry for the lad who got sent off but must support the ref totally in this situation as there was a bit of "previous" earlier on .

Always found that ref. fair and straight .

People must learn to take criticism on a public forum without whinging.

:D Right!! that's about it really, need to take a bit of a dump,so excuse me please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

rubbish twaddle, Oh and I have to take a dump, har har har

^^
    Feedback.
    :pac:

• Advertisement

Glad you recognised yourself D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Uhmmmm interesting thread indeed,verry interesting.

Loads of use of OP "attacked" and a "campaign" waged against him:confused:

Then, like the Serengeti, when the lioness and the gnu get it on, the box jawed hyenas and the baldy headed storky fcukers suddenly appear and try to take a few sly snaps,and watch in the wings for any carcasses which might accrue

The Pee Flynners are there too, suggesting that certain posters are "not well" and have issues relating to anger.
    Some of these gimps joined a few months ago!!.

:D So its feedback ye want is it??

Op posted stuff and another poster thought it was not great and said so.
    Another poster agreed and suddenly a row ensued.

Various posters got involved and things got a bit rough when the ref. blew the whistle and warned that the next offender would be in trouble.

OP put it up to him, and ref had no other option but to red card the lad.

I feel sorry for the lad who got sent off but must support the ref totally in this situation as there was a bit of "previous" earlier on .

Always found that ref. fair and straight .

People must learn to take criticism on a public forum without whinging.

:D Right!! that's about it really, need to take a bit of a dump,so excuse me please.

If you didn't like the story then leave the thread, what's the point of criticising it? You just made yourself look like a wanker, from an outside perspective it looked like the two of you were bum chums, giving each other high fives and thanking each other for every post criticising the story..

It wasn't some innocent criticism like you're trying to make it out, ye both acted the muppet and if anyone deserved a ban it was the two of you. Take your petty little vendetta's to the real world instead of holding a grudge against someone on a bloody forum, it's pathetic.

I liked the story, found it funny and gave me a little smile, if I didn't like the story I wouldn't make it my business to hijack the thread and make it known, I'd just click 'New Posts' or something. Also, who cares if it's not true? I love Tucker Max's stories and they're probably all bull****!

Last time I looked an internet forum is a place where views are exchanged and put forward.

Last time I looked boards.ie is an internet forum, and from what I see threads are made up of different people putting forward different views on the same topic.

I think polemic is the word you are searching for here,or perhaps circlejerk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Last time I looked an internet forum is a place where views are exchanged and put forward.

Last time I looked boards.ie is an internet forum, and from what I see threads are made up of different people putting forward different views on the same topic.

I think polemic is the word you are searching for here,or perhaps circlejerk.

Yeah you would be correct there, but this thread wasn't a debate. It was someone sharing a story, nobody needs to know or wants to know if you don't like it. You just ruined a good thread, that's all you achieved. Pointless really. Wasn't looking for any word, I can always whip out my thesaurus if I'm stuck, thanks. Off now and give your friend a good reach around.

Well then don't post it on the interweb sunshine.

You know that thing,that all kinds of cahunas can access?

You never know what kind of semi deranged bastid could see it and disagree with the sentiments expressed or the tone of the message.

You gotta be careful these days son,don't post on the interweb if you don't want to attract those kind of cnunts.

Hi FB.

I guess you could look at the whole thing in a different context....say it happened at a party.

I'm standing there telling that story to a few punters, and we're having a bit of a chuckle about it with a beer or 2. Anyone else is welcome to come over and join us, too.

Then some headcase walks out of the jacks, struggling to zip his jocks up.

His little mate says "Jesus, FB, I keep telling you that tracksuits are the way forward.....no zips, no drama. Anyway, there's a bloke over there telling a story. I think he's made it up, and I think he's posh. A few other southsiders are laughing. That shyte just isn't right".

"Jesus, Im in the jacks for 45 mins and THIS happens??!! let's sort it out before anyone gets hurt".

So, you walk over to the group, and you shout "Hey tallaght01, that story is made up"

Voice from beside FB: "Yea".

So, intially we try not to take a lot of notice. But, ya know, people are people. So, there's a few shouts of "Foook aff", "It takes a bit of a headcase to do that", "Your fly is open, ya spa" and "Sorry mate, no Dunnes 'strider' runners allowed. It's the dress code.".

There's a bit of back and forward, but no real aggro.

Then the head doorman strolls in. He has his eye on a few of the birds, and he hears that chicks love a badboy. So, he calls everyone involved names.

He's usually a bouncer at science conventions and physics conferences, where he can do as he pleases, so he's totally knocked for 6 when tallaght01 says "Eh, hang on a minute. That **** isn't on. You tit".

"foook, shyyyte, balls. I can't let someone speak to me like that".

So, the tazer comes out, and tallaght01 is hit with 4 joules of the ESBs finest.

"That'll teach you. I know this party relies on the people to make it a success, and I know you've given up your free time voluntarily to help with the running of a small part of the party. But tough titties, I don't really do the big picture.....you're banned for a week".

Now, in that scenario......

We'd all have shook hands way earlier if things had been handled better.

We'd all have accepted that we were all a bit out of line.

How come stuff like that can so easily be sorted out in the real world, but on boards, there's just very few people who can actually "moderate", rather than just ban?

Tallaght

Suppose you are at a meeting and some geezer gets up and spouts on and on and on and on about some implausable event,then some dude pipes up and says "For Christs sake don't waste everybody's time on that crud ,I think it's a load of bullshít" Some other guy then says"Yeah load of crap man" and others say nooo it's good we like it, and fair enough.

Then soapbox man gets abusive to the dissenters, egged on by his loyal followers and acolytes and eventually the chairman has to step in and say

"right enough of this shít, next one who carries on will be censured"

Immediately Mr Soapbox man hops in with a derogatory conspiratorial remark
    to the chairman who had no option but to ban.

His authority was challenged and he had noo option,if you can't see that, well specsavers I guess.

Bottom line.. everyone had a right to an opinion... even on AH.

have a good day now surfs up:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Hey lads, if I was at a party where some guy comes out of the jax with his fly open spouting $hite I would simply leave. But then I don't have to justify my ego and be self righteous. There are other things in life.

Now stop your whingeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Looking at the opening post and the thread it referred too, I must say I'm inclined to think that both parties are equally in the wrong.

To Tallaght01, A warning was issued, which you ignored and where banned for. On face value that seems fair enough.
    But in your defence Karoma messed up too. If you want play the serious card you can't do it in a jokey manner (and I'm assuming that the '****ers' is).
    Its easy to see why you may not have taken it seriously.

I'll be honest here, I just don't get this fascination some posters and mods have with keeping threads on topic. Its a discussion forum, and each thread is like a conversation in which the natural rhythm of things is to ebb and flow around the topic on hand while not necessarily adhering to it all the time. But I'm a minority on that view I suspect.

I agree that I'm not totally innocent here. I think I'm more innocent than the other 3 involved, yet I get banned. I shouldn't have reacted. But, like you say, it's a conversation, and sometimes that's what happens. Maybe it's a "you WILL respect my authority" thing. Who knows what goes on in people's heads when it conerns their ego.

I also agree with "off-topicness fetishism" being prevalent. A thread would have to go off the rails entirely before I'd become abusive to the posters.
    Looking at the opening post and the thread it referred too, I must say I'm inclined to think that both parties are equally in the wrong.

To Tallaght01, A warning was issued, which you ignored and where banned for. On face value that seems fair enough.
    But in your defence Karoma messed up too. If you want play the serious card you can't do it in a jokey manner (and I'm assuming that the '****ers' is).
    Its easy to see why you may not have taken it seriously.

I'll be honest here, I just don't get this fascination some posters and mods have with keeping threads on topic. Its a discussion forum, and each thread is like a conversation in which the natural rhythm of things is to ebb and flow around the topic on hand while not necessarily adhering to it all the time. But I'm a minority on that view I suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Doc, unethical but:

Let him be

When he finds himself in times of trouble
    And Karoma comes to me
    Saying "heart is stoping", let him be.
    For in the room of darkness,
    he was baning right and left of me,
    Saying "your off topic", let him be.
    Let him be, let him be.
    Whisper "now try ban me", let him be.

And then the noble hearted people
    Posting on the board agree,
    No more of this w@^ker, let him be.
    For though posts may be fail there is
    Still a chance, the thread can win .
    Let him be, let him be. Yeah

And then the change is slowly,
    There is still a mod that in--fracts me,
    Whine on until tomorow: "u is nazi".
    I wake up in the night and scream,
    Herr Karoma comes to me
    Saying your off topic, let him be.
    Let him be, let him be.
    Let him be, let him be,
    Whisper "now try ban me", let him be.

Please note any use of the word w@^ker is in reference to the original thread and not a reflection of my opinion of Karoma.

Jackz, as much as your post gave me a giggle, you KNOW they're gonna ban your ass for it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Then the head doorman strolls in.

Why would there be a doorman at a party? I think you made that story up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Why would there be a doorman at a party? I think you made that story up.

The doorman at those parties is there to protect the moderators. In the real world they are not really that clever.:pac:

tallaght01 wrote: »
    I agree that I'm not totally innocent here. I think I'm more innocent than the other 3 involved, yet I get banned. I shouldn't have reacted. But, like you say, it's a conversation, and sometimes that's what happens. Maybe it's a "you WILL respect my authority" thing. Who knows what goes on in people's heads when it conerns their ego.

I also agree with "off-topicness fetishism" being prevalent. A thread would have to go off the rails entirely before I'd become abusive to the posters.

Sometimes I have to wonder what people like you actually read!!

YOU called the lad a knacker not once but twice,an act which would merit an immediate ban on most forums.
    YOU being a Mod thought you could ingratiate Mr Karoma with that response to his warning.
    In fairness Mr K had the foresight to spot the coat trailing AND the balls to call you on it.Ballsy modding imho and much needed on Boards.ie
    Mr Karoma proved he is no circlejerker.

Just cannot figure out why you made such a big deal over it.

Most of your posts are fine, but that one was over the top imho.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

FB, what exactly is your point in all this?

Aaah the faithful retainer has sprung up again.

My point(I would have thought it was fairly obvious) is that I have been pilloried for voicing a legitimate opinion on this thread and am using the facilities to defend myself.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm quite happy to let it all lie, but I won't be accused in wrong.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Aaah the faithful retainer has sprung up again.

My point(I would have thought it was fairly obvious) is that I have been pilloried for voicing a legitimate opinion on this thread and am using the facilities to defend myself.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm quite happy to let it all lie, but I won't be accused in wrong.

How can there be legimate opinion on a thread about sending vom into some young wan's mouth? :confused:

He shoulda kept it to about three lines....well maybe four.

My mouse wheel burned out getting to the bottom of it.

Then it was a load of shíte...pissed me off bigtime.

I said so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

He shoulda kept it to about three lines....well maybe four.

My mouse wheel burned out getting to the bottom of it.

Then it was a load of shíte...pissed me off bigtime.

I said so.
    If he had just came out and said he puked in a girls mouth while on a boat there wouldnt be much of post in it.

How often have I read a post about you having a Donald Trump to find it with more filler than a knackers transit.

You coud just say... I shat... I wiped.. I ate again.

The two of ye want a nice dose of cop-the-fcuk on.

I enjoy reading most of yours and Tallaghts posts, but the back biting aint fun.

Build a bridge and get over it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement