Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So im reading the news and star.........

• 10-10-2008 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

so there i am, reading it and i learn that theirs plans to build a shopping/business/commerical in or around the French Chuirch (now i maybe mistaken with the french church but its the one near city square). Anyway i think it would be a horrible idea, i mean the building is fine and lovely the way it is, but the idea of having shops in it is completely tacky.

Now im no Jesus freak but didnt Jesus go mental when he saw the traders in the temple?

Anyway to sum up french church leave it the way it is, its grand, i dont want to see 99's cones sold out of it!

Did i read the article right or have i gone completely mental ?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Where in the world would any development fit?

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Link the article boyo.

I'll need a citation when declaring you completely mental. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

its on the 3rd of October paper on page 15 if anyone has a copy

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Can't help you here......

Guess you really are goin insane. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Eh isn't Greyfriars (the original ruins) the French Church? It had three different uses since it was built but I'm pretty sure that's it.

Unless you mean the blackfriars priory but neither would have any space at all. That whole area by Greyfriars has been chosen for development as a historical area with museums etc but it'll be a long time coming if at all.

That'sjust be mentalist! In other news I wish I could go inside both churches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

magick wrote: »
    so there i am, reading it and i learn that theirs plans to build a shopping/business/commerical in or around the French Chuirch (now i maybe mistaken with the french church but its the one near city square). Anyway i think it would be a horrible idea, i mean the building is fine and lovely the way it is, but the idea of having shops in it is completely tacky.

Now im no Jesus freak but didnt Jesus go mental when he saw the traders in the temple?

Anyway to sum up french church leave it the way it is, its grand, i dont want to see 99's cones sold out of it!

Did i read the article right or have i gone completely mental ?!

Not a new idea, there are cash registers in the notre dame church in Paris to take people's money off them, charging few euro to see a section of the church. Not entirely sure if it's actually the notre dame but it's one of the big churches in Paris. And you could be forgiven for mistaking the Louvre for a shopping centre as opposed to an art gallery if you go in the glass pyramid entrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

any chance mike could take the "mike" bit out of every post , i think we know his name is mike

dave

That was intentional yus?:rolleyes:

Shur all you got to do is look at lourdes really. Very tacky place :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

daftdave wrote: »
    any chance mike could take the "mike" bit out of every post , i think we know his name is mike

dave

Any chance Dave could send Mike a PM with his concerns instead of putting his ramblings in a thread taking it off topic? Thanks.

Kevin.

(I think we should all sign our names in our posts, just so daftdave knows exactly who we are. Just in case there is ANY doubt.)

Dave (the daft one)

If I so choose to sign my name (as I have done since May 2001) then I will.

Mike

• Advertisement

haha you been telt!

Jenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

haha you been telt!

Jenny.

+1

Yeah you go Mike...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Sully wrote: »
    Any chance Dave could send Mike a PM with his concerns instead of putting his ramblings in a thread taking it off topic? Thanks.

Kevin.

(I think we should all sign our names in our posts, just so daftdave knows exactly who we are. Just in case there is ANY doubt.)

sure are'nt you taking it even further off topic with your last little piece here !!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I believe we already have a "random" thread? It's over that way --->

Back on topic please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

It is very up your own arse to sign off your posts.

JackHackettBl.JPG

Mike

Advertisement