Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Budget predictions for the Irish motorist...

Options
  • 10-10-2008 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Well we're told that Lenihan has a briefcase full of armageddon for the country next tuesday. Since the motorist nearly always seems to get hit, even when times were good, I reckon it's a safe bet that we'll see changes in motor tax and perhaps VRT this year, and very likely some fuel duty increase.
    Given that last year the vrt/tax calculation from CC to CO2 changes accounted for a lot if not all of the woes in the motor trade this year, could we possibly see any benefits certain models and makes gained then, being taken away again this year?
    There's no doubt that certain very efficient diesels and city cars, got some unforseen benefit from the new system and sales of them rose accordingly...now that many new buyers already own the car, is it likely that some "recalculations" will be made and those benefits wiped out?

I'm posting this thread as a matter of interest...luckily my own yoke has another 6 months tax on it, a full tank and isn't going to be getting replaced for quite a while...
    So how do you see the budget affecting your motoring in 2009?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement