Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 day ban from photography forum but......

Options
  • 10-10-2008 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

I was sent an automated ban from Carlina the new photography mod and a link to why I was banned, 'cept when I hit the link I can't see it because I'm banned. :o
    How can I see what I'm banned for?
    :D
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Copy link. Log out. Paste link. Solve mystery. Buy a dog. Buy a Volkswagen van. Buy Get some friends. Continue to solve mysteries.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Log out bud. Then you can see it fine.
    EDIT: Glad that wasn't an old west style shootout.

Why? In all other disciplines I believe you'd be the first to get a shot off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Karoma wrote: »
    Why? In all other disciplines I believe you'd be the first to get a shot off.

Durrrty!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Cheers peeps that worked.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Wahey! And no fightin the powah round the world.
    Emm.....
    Cat pics?
    You know. Sort of a toast to the old days. Or else I could start bitching about mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

So what the hell did you do? Don't leave us in suspense!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,435 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Am checking his previous posts as you read this to find out...

EDIT - Nope, still none the wiser

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Aaahhh lol
    There was a pic set of the Bull run and mehfesto said

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by mehfesto2
    Great pics.
    But whats the point of a bull run?!"

I replied with this naughty end the world line!
    "To tease dumb drugged animals and to pretend you have big balls."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Looks like they've banned humour too :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

They better not have!

/joins dole queue

Aaahhh lol
    There was a pic set of the Bull run and mehfesto said

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by mehfesto2
    Great pics.
    But whats the point of a bull run?!"

I replied with this naughty end the world line!
    "To tease dumb drugged animals and to pretend you have big balls."

....and the reason given....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Harsh!

Mike

You have been banned from Photography for the following duration:

7 Day(s)

for the following reason:

See this post.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...3&postcount=17

I consider this post unduly inflammatory and off topic in a photography forum. The matter of animal welfare is not a subject for discussion on photography.

Please bear this in mind on your return as subsequent offences of the same nature may lead to a permanent ban from the forum.

I think this is well worth appealing, this Mod has hassled me before and I was totally expecting her to find any excuse to ban me so I was walking around broken glass on tiptoes....alas she didn't even need me to slip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That link goes nowhere.

Mike

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I assume the fact you have a record in that forum didnt help.

Definitely harsh. New mod though - perhaps just takes a bit of time to get used to what is and what isn't a ban. Infraction, possibly, but never a ban.

Sully wrote: »
    I assume the fact you have a record in that forum didnt help.
    Perhaps, but I'm sure nobody else would've got an infraction let alone a ban for what I replied with.
    It still seem's pretty harsh to me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Perhaps, but I'm sure nobody else would've got an infraction let alone a ban for what I replied with.
    It still seem's pretty harsh to me.

Well, I can see the point the mod is making. Maybe I would have just issued an infraction, but I suppose you have a bit of a past in the forum so technically you should know better so I guess enough is enough kinda attitude has applied here. (Just guessing)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I know this thread wasn't an "Unban me now" rant AR, but it should have been. That banning is nothing short or ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I guess with a name like AnimalRights and the comment you made, its easy to think that you have an axe to grind (which has nothing to do with photography).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

If your post is off-topic do the mods not say that in the Forum? I've seen that in many different Forums. Also why has your post not been removed? It does seem overly rash to me.... for what my opinion is worth

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Mr E wrote: »
    I guess with a name like AnimalRights and the comment you made, its easy to think that you have an axe to grind (which has nothing to do with photography).
    Nail ----> Head.

It's funny to read the replies here, all the Mods are looking for the particular reason why Calina could have been so harsh and the non Mods say it as they see it.
    Maybe I should request a name change then?
    Something like John, then again if I comment on something religous that may cause some type of conflict..mmm will have to think long and hard on the name change!

It's funny to read the replies here, all the Mods are looking for the particular reason why Calina could have been so harsh and the non Mods say it as they see it.
    Something like John, then again if I comment on something religous that may cause some type of conflict..mmm will have to think long and hard on the name change!

You can change your name but your history will always follow you. Its funny to read your replies here, all you are looking for is another reason to complain and get your ban lifed.
    You have a history in that forum, so the tolleration level is a lot lower when it comes to your posts. Yes it was an odd thing to ban for, but with your history, nothing supprises me tbh.

aahh Sully the name change is a joke, read Mr E's post for the inspiration for it. :)

You're meant to make it us -v- them earlier in the game. Playing it this late in the game is going to be awkward.
    Still, 7 days is an awful long time. I hope you survive it out in the cold.
    Straw + camel's back = ban.
    For the ignorant knee-jerk reactionists: "rabble rabble, rabble. Rabble!" (Read as: Read through previous posts & take note of the 5 infractions in his profile from that forum... why am I bothering? Rabble! Rabble! Ridiculous fascist! rabble!)

The problem is the straw is hardly a straw. :p
    Anyway welcome to the rest of the Mods side.
    And I quote...just for the boredom.
    :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

[pulls up seat and popcorn]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

God I love these whingeing posts! So you get banned for some silly reason. Live with it. These boards are largely time wasting and I would say that most people post as a relief from boredom or perhaps have an anonymously big ego. When I see someone with several thousands of posts I would earnestly say that I got banned by them I would consider it a compliment. Too much time on their hands waiting like a fookin vulture for someone to be a bad boy or girl.

I was banned from the latop forum because I cast a disparaging remark at the abject nrgativity to a request I made regarding the issue of accessing the memory modules of a Targa laptop. It is a finnicky business but the replies I got from jumped up ego trippers were totally unhelpful. Now I got to the root of the problem as I do generally without the hindrance of silly posters.

I have a full and fruitful life without the privelige of access to the Laptop Forum.

Get a life mods, go out into the sunshine, get a tan, get a life and have some fun before you die of boredom or hubris.:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement