Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 day ban from photography forum but......

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Heinrich your absolutely almost correct, where I come from we still believe that if you're gonna lay down you make them lay down too, no matter how trivial!
    Anyway my last reply here unless her highness shows up herself, then again she prob has a mudpack on her face.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Anyway my last reply here unless her highness shows up herself, then again she prob has a mudpack on her face.

Oh yeah Calina...you just got OWWWWNNNNNEEEDDDD

jeez animal rights your digging some hole for yourself, you know yourself your a bit of a messer on the forum, this wont help your cause

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Heinrich wrote: »

Get a life mods, go out into the sunshine, get a tan, get a life and have some fun before you die of boredom or hubris.:pac:

banned

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

banned

Stop being stereotypically foolish - go out into the fresh air - listen to the birds before they migrate - enjoy life because it's ticking away as you post your nonsense.

:cool:

Stop being stereotypically foolish - go out into the fresh air - listen to the birds before they migrate - enjoy life because it's ticking away as you post your nonsense.

i live in a bubble, i have no immune system, your comments are hurtful and insensitive, i've neverfelt a cool breeze in my face, i i saw a bird once but it started pecking my bubble and i got scared and had nightmares for months after... cheers for reminding me...ass

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

The irony of this post made me smile :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

In my humble, and possibly wrong, opinon...I think you should only ban people from forums if tehy're causing a real problem, not as first line punitive action.

Animal rights probably hasn't been a really bad, or obstructive, influence on the forum.

It's amazing what a pleasant PM can achieve. I know that I've had a few run-ins with mods who've just banned me or sent wanky PMs to me, or have been wanky to me on a thread.

But I remember once having some hassle on the emergency services forum. PSNI sent me a really reasonable PM about it. Because of that, I respected him as a bloke, and did exactly what he asked of me. Same with TBH once.

People, as a rule, will be the same to you as you are to them. if they're not, then ban them or whatever. But don't forget there's a person behind every post. So try the human touch first :D

Can a cmod, whatever they are, not have alook at this....have a chat to the guys involved and work it out like adults?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

God forbid that I might have other things to do with my time.
    I was sent an automated ban from Carlina the new photography mod and a link to why I was banned, 'cept when I hit the link I can't see it because I'm banned. :o
    How can I see what I'm banned for?
    :D

1) My name is Calina. No R. You know this because you've dragged me through Feedback before for a yellow card infraction of software piracy.

2) the ban was not automated. I had to take 45 seconds out of my life to press assorted buttons and write stuff into message boxes and decide how long your ban would be for. That's 45 seconds of my life that I will never get back, thanks.

3) despite the impression this post would give, you know and I know that you are not a ban-virgin; and that I did not de-flower you of your ban-virginity either; someone got there before me.
    Wahey! And no fightin the powah round the world.
    Emm.....
    Cat pics?
    You know. Sort of a toast to the old days. Or else I could start bitching about mods.

Bit premature, weren't you?
    Dyflin wrote: »
    Looks like they've banned humour too :rolleyes:

Oh that's funny.

No I haven't. unfortunately, AnimalRights' post wasn't actually funny any more. You'd know this if you had to plough through his regular pontificating about animal welfare, and also, his tendency to harrass mods for trying to limit the worst excesses of his posting style and threadmurder.
    I think this is well worth appealing, this Mod has hassled me before and I was totally expecting her to find any excuse to ban me so I was walking around broken glass on tiptoes....alas she didn't even need me to slip.

This mod doesn't hassle anyone unless they are misbehaving. You've got 4 infractions from photography, only one of which was mine; you dragged me through Feedback for a yellow card on the subject of software piracy, you were banned for thread derailing with respect to your animal rights agenda which you inflict on photography on a regular basis. Of course I don't need you to slip - you jump head first in, despite any number of attempts on my part, and on the part of other mods to rein you in.
    Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Definitely harsh. New mod though - perhaps just takes a bit of time to get used to what is and what isn't a ban. Infraction, possibly, but never a ban.

Point of information: I have been a mod of Commuting & Transport since April 2007 which makes me a bit more experienced than you think I am. I know what merits a ban. Constantly hassling moderators and misbehaving merits a ban. AnimalRights has run out of lives. He has a 7 day ban which is milder than I intended - I relented from a 14 day ban at the very last minute.
    Perhaps, but I'm sure nobody else would've got an infraction let alone a ban for what I replied with.
    It still seem's pretty harsh to me.

Oh believe me, they would have been infracted at the very least. I know I handed out at least one infraction yesterday for similar. This post was not in isolation. You have a problem with moderators; it is your problem. I have a community of users to take care of and I will not let you constantly derail their forum with your agenda. Off topic posting is a bannable offence, and with your record of a previous ban for the exact same offence, you are not due too many second chances.
    I know this thread wasn't an "Unban me now" rant AR, but it should have been. That banning is nothing short or ridiculous.

Really? I suppose if you didn't have to deal with the fall out of AnimalRights' frequent politicising of photography for his animal rights agenda, you would see it that way. Unfortunately I do not. The ban isn't even permanent. It's a short 7 day ban that says "you goofed up. Don't do it again". Infractions are clearly not working here.
    If your post is off-topic do the mods not say that in the Forum? I've seen that in many different Forums. Also why has your post not been removed? It does seem overly rash to me.... for what my opinion is worth

For new arrivals in photography I will do it that way. AnimalRights is not a newbie; he knows the score and he treads the line. If he stumbles across it, is it my fault? Nope. He knows the score.
    It's funny to read the replies here, all the Mods are looking for the particular reason why Calina could have been so harsh and the non Mods say it as they see it.
    Maybe I should request a name change then?
    Something like John, then again if I comment on something religous that may cause some type of conflict..mmm will have to think long and hard on the name change!

Changing your name is not an efficient way of maintaining your right to post in photography. Changing your attitude to other posters who do not share in your animal rights politics and specifically to the moderators who work hard to make photography a good place to play - and I think we succeed for the most part - would be a lot more productive. Unfortunately that seems to be far too much to ask.
    Karoma wrote: »
    You're meant to make it us -v- them earlier in the game. Playing it this late in the game is going to be awkward.
    Still, 7 days is an awful long time. I hope you survive it out in the cold.
    Straw + camel's back = ban.
    For the ignorant knee-jerk reactionists: "rabble rabble, rabble. Rabble!" (Read as: Read through previous posts & take note of the 5 infractions in his profile from that forum... why am I bothering? Rabble! Rabble! Ridiculous fascist! rabble!)

I'd like to add one ban and quite a number of inthread warnings to the history file, kthxkbye. Plus this new ban.
    The problem is the straw is hardly a straw. :p
    Anyway welcome to the rest of the Mods side.
    And I quote...just for the boredom.

You really have too much time on your hands. The straw was hardly a straw, you're right. It was a trailer load of bales.
    God I love these whingeing posts! So you get banned for some silly reason. Live with it. These boards are largely time wasting and I would say that most people post as a relief from boredom or perhaps have an anonymously big ego. When I see someone with several thousands of posts I would earnestly say that I got banned by them I would consider it a compliment. Too much time on their hands waiting like a fookin vulture for someone to be a bad boy or girl.

I was banned from the latop forum because I cast a disparaging remark at the abject nrgativity to a request I made regarding the issue of accessing the memory modules of a Targa laptop. It is a finnicky business but the replies I got from jumped up ego trippers were totally unhelpful. Now I got to the root of the problem as I do generally without the hindrance of silly posters.

I have a full and fruitful life without the privelige of access to the Laptop Forum.

Get a life mods, go out into the sunshine, get a tan, get a life and have some fun before you die of boredom or hubris.:pac:

Sigh. And you posted this because?

Anyway I don't tan. I burn quite easily because I have very fair skin. That's by way of an aside. I took 35000 photographs last year and not all of them were of stuff in my bedroom. I'm a camera nerd and I freely admit that. But it gets me out into the open air from time to time.
    Heinrich your absolutely almost correct, where I come from we still believe that if you're gonna lay down you make them lay down too, no matter how trivial!

There really isn't that much in the revenge game, you know that don't you? You're in the wrong here. You have a problem with authority however so I can't see you ever admitting that constantly messing in photography justifiably leads to a ban. Your ban notice made it clear that we do not like you derailing threads in photography for your animal welfare agenda. Whatever way you'd like to paint it to all the audience in this Theatre of Fools, the truth is you do this very very very very very very very very often in Photography, you have been banned for it before and now you're banned again.

It's not like this remark was in isolation and out of character for you, after all.

I must buy some. I feel like that weird feeling you get when the mud actually starts to dry and it feels like someone is going to peel the top layer of skin off your face. Have you experienced it? It's marginally less worse than getting your legs waxed.
    Oh yeah Calina...you just got OWWWWNNNNNEEEDDDD

jeez animal rights your digging some hole for yourself, you know yourself your a bit of a messer on the forum, this wont help your cause

I would say that the other side of the planet, and hence the approach of summer must be in sight at this stage.

I love life.
    tallaght01 wrote: »
    In my humble, and possibly wrong, opinon...I think you should only ban people from forums if tehy're causing a real problem, not as first line punitive action.

Animal rights probably hasn't been a really bad, or obstructive, influence on the forum.....

People, as a rule, will be the same to you as you are to them. if they're not, then ban them or whatever. But don't forget there's a person behind every post. So try the human touch first :D

Can a cmod, whatever they are, not have alook at this....have a chat to the guys involved and work it out like adults?

tallaght01, I have bad news for you. AnimalRights has four infractions and 1 ban already from Photography. He has been warned in thread on many occasions for misdemeanours on the board. You do not mod photography, he is now serving out a ban because despite contributing positively to the board on many occasions, he is also very disruptive on occasion, particularly with his tendency to push one particular political viewpoint down the throats of photography users. There is no point in advising us to do all this because we have already tried it.

Now that is pedantic, even for a fair skinned lass. Many photographs indeed. Mind you I have a reasonable amount also but I have a colossal delete button.

I'm not sure if your self justification is credible.

BTW I was out to the airport and will be trotting off to the pub laterz. Will be in tne Bots tomorrow AM and working PM. Then maybe a trip to Howth inthe evening. I have a red face which could be embarrasement or too much sun/wind from the winds of Dublin Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Calina wrote: »
    God forbid that I might have other things to do with my time.

1) My name is Calina. No R. You know this because you've dragged me through Feedback before for a yellow card infraction of software piracy.

2) the ban was not automated. I had to take 45 seconds out of my life to press assorted buttons and write stuff into message boxes and decide how long your ban would be for. That's 45 seconds of my life that I will never get back, thanks.

3) despite the impression this post would give, you know and I know that you are not a ban-virgin; and that I did not de-flower you of your ban-virginity either; someone got there before me.

Bit premature, weren't you?

Oh that's funny.

No I haven't. unfortunately, AnimalRights' post wasn't actually funny any more. You'd know this if you had to plough through his regular pontificating about animal welfare, and also, his tendency to harrass mods for trying to limit the worst excesses of his posting style and threadmurder.

This mod doesn't hassle anyone unless they are misbehaving. You've got 4 infractions from photography, only one of which was mine; you dragged me through Feedback for a yellow card on the subject of software piracy, you were banned for thread derailing with respect to your animal rights agenda which you inflict on photography on a regular basis. Of course I don't need you to slip - you jump head first in, despite any number of attempts on my part, and on the part of other mods to rein you in.

Point of information: I have been a mod of Commuting & Transport since April 2007 which makes me a bit more experienced than you think I am. I know what merits a ban. Constantly hassling moderators and misbehaving merits a ban. AnimalRights has run out of lives. He has a 7 day ban which is milder than I intended - I relented from a 14 day ban at the very last minute.

Oh believe me, they would have been infracted at the very least. I know I handed out at least one infraction yesterday for similar. This post was not in isolation. You have a problem with moderators; it is your problem. I have a community of users to take care of and I will not let you constantly derail their forum with your agenda. Off topic posting is a bannable offence, and with your record of a previous ban for the exact same offence, you are not due too many second chances.

Really? I suppose if you didn't have to deal with the fall out of AnimalRights' frequent politicising of photography for his animal rights agenda, you would see it that way. Unfortunately I do not. The ban isn't even permanent. It's a short 7 day ban that says "you goofed up. Don't do it again". Infractions are clearly not working here.

For new arrivals in photography I will do it that way. AnimalRights is not a newbie; he knows the score and he treads the line. If he stumbles across it, is it my fault? Nope. He knows the score.

Changing your name is not an efficient way of maintaining your right to post in photography. Changing your attitude to other posters who do not share in your animal rights politics and specifically to the moderators who work hard to make photography a good place to play - and I think we succeed for the most part - would be a lot more productive. Unfortunately that seems to be far too much to ask.

I'd like to add one ban and quite a number of inthread warnings to the history file, kthxkbye. Plus this new ban.

You really have too much time on your hands. The straw was hardly a straw, you're right. It was a trailer load of bales.

Sigh. And you posted this because?

Anyway I don't tan. I burn quite easily because I have very fair skin. That's by way of an aside. I took 35000 photographs last year and not all of them were of stuff in my bedroom. I'm a camera nerd and I freely admit that. But it gets me out into the open air from time to time.

There really isn't that much in the revenge game, you know that don't you? You're in the wrong here. You have a problem with authority however so I can't see you ever admitting that constantly messing in photography justifiably leads to a ban. Your ban notice made it clear that we do not like you derailing threads in photography for your animal welfare agenda. Whatever way you'd like to paint it to all the audience in this Theatre of Fools, the truth is you do this very very very very very very very very often in Photography, you have been banned for it before and now you're banned again.

It's not like this remark was in isolation and out of character for you, after all.

I must buy some. I feel like that weird feeling you get when the mud actually starts to dry and it feels like someone is going to peel the top layer of skin off your face. Have you experienced it? It's marginally less worse than getting your legs waxed.

I would say that the other side of the planet, and hence the approach of summer must be in sight at this stage.

I love life.

tallaght01, I have bad news for you. AnimalRights has four infractions and 1 ban already from Photography. He has been warned in thread on many occasions for misdemeanours on the board. You do not mod photography, he is now serving out a ban because despite contributing positively to the board on many occasions, he is also very disruptive on occasion, particularly with his tendency to push one particular political viewpoint down the throats of photography users. There is no point in advising us to do all this because we have already tried it.

Best post ever!

• Advertisement

BTW I was out to the airport and will be trotting off to the pub laterz. Will be in tne Bots tomorrow AM and working PM. Then maybe a trip to Howth inthe evening. I have a red face which could be embarrasement or too much sun/wind from the winds of Dublin Bay.

the only thing i envy more than your lifestyle is your immune system :eek:

would ya ever grow up ya wally ya

the only thing i envy more than your lifestyle is your immune system :eek:

would ya ever grow up ya wally ya

Listen kiddo, I am older and evidently much wiser than you but that's another issue. Now may I call you a wally?

My immunity is great against wallies and pedantry.

Listen kiddo, I am older and evidently much wiser than you but that's another issue. Now may I call you a wally?

My immunity is great against wallies and pedantry.

kiddo...brilliant, thats one step away from calling me whippersnapper lol.

clearly you are old, and very wise, defending the undefendable, let me know how that works out for you...

you may call me a wally or anything else you wish, i kinda fancy you

kiddo...brilliant, thats one step away from calling me whippersnapper lol.

clearly you are old, and very wise, defending the undefendable, let me know how that works out for you...

you may call me a wally or anything else you wish, i kinda fancy you
    Jeez Walter, can we meet up for a lovefest somewhere soon.

When do you finish up your schooling and get into the real world away from mamm's skirts and daddy's handouts? lol

When do you finish up your schooling and get into the real world away from mamm's skirts and daddy's handouts? lol

we'll be outta this recession anyway, so not for a while yet. how i dress is my own business and daddys handouts make life alot easier dude.
    daddy-boy-brunette.jpg

we'll be outta this recession anyway, so not for a while yet. how i dress is my own business and daddys handouts make life alot easier dude.

Under mammy's skirts is an expression suggesting a mammy's boy and not how Walter might be dressing.:p

Just make sure you get the ol' exams at the end or you'll break daddy's likkle heart and he might end up disowning you.

Under mammy's skirts is an expression suggesting a mammy's boy and not how Walter might be dressing.:p

Just make sure you get the ol' exams at the end or you'll break daddy's likkle heart and he might end up disowning you.

na i'll just get a middle office job in his company and live my life off the sucess of my family, with no effort by me whatsoever.

pretty sweet deal eh

this has gone beyond ot, so i shall leave and my bubble is getting steamy with thoughts of you

xxx h and k sweetie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Much incorrect hot air later.
    High.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Page three?

Check.

d1c8359277.jpg

Can I go back to my bedroom now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Hubris....Mmmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Carlina is a little nurse Ratchet tbh, a little bit of power has gone to her head

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Heinrich and melekalikimaka..... sshhhhhh... you're derailing a very entertaining thread. I don't want to see this one locked yet. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    Heinrich and melekalikimaka..... sshhhhhh... you're derailing a very entertaining thread. I don't want to see this one locked yet. :)

Get out of it! The only entertainment is our puerile exchanges. Otherwise it's whingeing , as per usual.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

MooseJam wrote: »
    Carlina is a little nurse Ratchet tbh, a little bit of power has gone to her head

Who is this Carlina person that the downtrodden keep cribbing about? I issue bans. I issued 3 of them in 24 hours to people who should know better,.

I demand my due as An Evil Mod Ice Princess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Carlina wrote: »
    An Evil Mod Ice Princess.

WOW!

ASL? ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I demand my due as An Evil Mod Ice Princess.

EMIP.
    Cool.
    Pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭minime1

5yb24i.gif

minime1 wrote: »
    5yb24i.gif

Is this your personal copy? You should read it again and stop trying to be funny - it's not working.

eeeeeejit

...sigh...

i'm now banned from photography for a week

... for rather wild reasons too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement