Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Munster v Montauban *Spoilers*

• 10-10-2008 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

OK so the HC is about to get underway, beers are in the fridge, kids are in bed. :)

Bookies best available handicap is Munster -28

Is the weather in Limerick as shíte atm as it is in Dublin? Anyone?

Even with a semi 2nd string Montauban, a 28 point handicap in a deluge is going to be tough.

Pending seeing the weather I am going for a comfortable BP win, but maybe no beating the bookies handicap.

Inq

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Not sure if it's raining, latest report says 12C, cloudy, with a light wind (3km/h).

Not being a smart ass Inq, but was it necessary to start another thread given that there was already one on the subject (unless you didn't see the other one)? Not that I'm a mod or anything (nor want to be!) I'm just a bit of a thread nazi I guess ;)

I reckon Munster should be comfortable winners, with a BP and a margin of ~20. Looking very strong so far this season, I hope it's a good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Inq... I've gone for a score line of 32-6 on your heineken prediction thingy... might have bene optomistic given the weather lol

Same as you though.... take away just finished and lovely glass of wine in hand (it even has better legs than the Munster boys!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Oh is it raining or what... :D The weather is not good here at all I'm afraid, not to mention the traffic in the city!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

juvenal wrote: »
    Not sure if it's raining, latest report says 12C, cloudy, with a light wind (3km/h).

Not being a smart ass Inq, but was it necessary to start another thread given that there was already one on the subject? Not that I'm a mod or anything (nor want to be!) I'm just a bit of a thread nazi I guess ;)

I reckon Munster should be comfortable winners, with a BP and a margin of ~20. Looking very strong so far this season, I hope it's a good game.

No Spoilers notice in the other thread, dont want to post the scores and ruin anyone who's sky plus'ing it etc's enjoyment. Mods can merge it later and add the spoilers notice to the other thread.

Just spoken to my sis who's outside Thomond... she says traffic has held everyone up and people r getting really ratty in the queues at the turnstiles cos the the people trying to jump in

• Advertisement

Aye Stadium is not full yet with 2 mins to go to KO

Inquitus wrote: »
    No Spoilers notice in the other thread, dont want to post the scores and ruin anyone who's sky plus'ing it etc's enjoyment. Mods can merge it later and add the spoilers notice to the other thread.

I appreciate that, but one would assume that a thread about a sporting fixture would have spoilers in it as the norm.:confused: The last place I'd be if I wanted to avoid a result would be online - it's next to impossible to avoid news online with tickers, flashing headlines, rss etc.

Anyway, my idiosyncrasies aside, Mark Rob-shone and Stuart Barnes commentating on Sky :D. Is there live commentary on RTÉ Radio does anyone know?

Lot of empty seats :eek: It will take a few games for the crowds to get used to the new layout and increased attendances.

Great start with claiming the kick-off, stealing the first line out, and an early turnover. O'Gara off to a nice start, here's a chance to cross the line early.

Be nice to get on early score on the board, settle the nerves etc.

Lineout again :(

• Advertisement

Barnes being an officious twit

0-3

good block by POC

Barnes is goign to be a muppet all night.

Barnes is goign to be a muppet all night.

seems so!

letoff 0-3 should have been 0-6

Shocking miss, is he Dr Phil in disguise!? :D

Munster lucky not to be 6-0 down. They need to use their heads at the breakdown a bit more and consider who's reffing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Montauban have started relatively well for a second string.

Munster havent settled yet and trying to force things that just arent on.... need a score to settle things

Montauban have started relatively well for a second string.

Indeed, Munster just need to take it handy, keep the head and don't try and force it. Earls has been turned over twice. O'Gara has also made a couple of uncustomary errors in the past few minutes.

Barnes is applying the laws across the board, tight, but ultimately correct call on the forward pass. Munster just need to keep their heads, as he'll have people in the poca peacai very quickly if they start acting the maggot.

Nice offload and then, Earls HOLDING ON. He was totally isolated in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Feel as though Munster are just forcing it a little too much off 1st/2nd phase ball. If they keep it a little tighter, go through 2/3 more phases the gaps will appear. Hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Munster second best at the mo.

getting better... great dive by the frenchman!

The Munster bench will be tearing their hair out with the turnovers in the Montabaun half.

Much closer game than anticipated - good for the neutrals :)

O'Gara will definitely take this three-pointer.

3-3 O'Gara penalty 33 mins

All the possession, all the territory, all Munster, just not happening, getting pinged at the wrong time, errors creeping in, not great tbh.

Thought that was a French knock-on on the turnover.

Marcus Horan get the f*ck off the wing! (even in defence:D)

WTF is with the drop-goals??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Brave call on the lineout

Great finish by Murphy, had plenty to do.

TMO pending . . .

. . . try Munster 8-3 with conversion to come. . . conversion good. That should be half-time in a minute.

Munster 10 Montabaun 3

• Advertisement

Video Ref - gotta be a try

Thought that was a French knock-on on the turnover.

I did too... did we imagine it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

just in the door. summary please?

Wayne Barnes is an officious <insert abuse here>

Munster just getting blown out of it at the ruck, dropping balls, Montauban playing a sensible conservative game aiming to frustrate, Munster trying too hard.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Any other streams/audio? Seem to be blocked on that one.

Whys this game not on Rte?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Cheers. maybe a little bit of pressure on Munster as overwhelming favourites against a team who feel they will have won if they manage to keep it respectable (still don't think they'll manage it although i've not seen an iota of the game!).

just saw hight light of murphy's try. nice finish.

• Advertisement

Also how come Murphy was on?

Initially blood sub for Topoki but permantly on now

Tipoki off injured or blood, can't remember.

castie wrote: »
    Any other streams/audio? Seem to be blocked on that one.

Whys this game not on Rte?
    http://www.veetle.com/viewChannel.php?cid=48e7786aaa3bd
    I'm watching it here

i get an error on that stream. Stupid college firewall

• Advertisement

Wayne Barnes is an officious <insert abuse here>

Munster just getting blown out of it at the ruck, dropping balls, Montauban playing a sensible conservative game aiming to frustrate, Munster trying too hard.

In fairness Inq, he's applying the laws as they should be applied, it's not his fault that the standard of refereeing in the ML isn't a high as it should be. I'd rather see that style of refereeing than some of the sh1te we see week in-week out in the domestic leagues, which frustrates every supporter. It's up to the players to adapt their game and tactics for the conditions and the new rules.

Munster were trying to force a lot of passes and after a bright start, they had some handling errors, with Earls, Wallace and ROG all guilty of bad decision making. Montabaun's defence was very strong, and their punching above their weight based on the line-up.

Should probably be at least 10-6, if not 10-9, given that the French missed two penalties, and one was a sitter.

First ten minutes here are key, although I expect Munster to pull through in the end, but perhaps not by the 20 or so I initially predicted!:o

Distinct lack of intensity from Munster, compare this to the intensity levels in the game at the RDS last week (from both provinces) and it's nowhere near.

U need to download some software for it cast so maybe thats the prob?

Much better effort by Mitu.

10-6 Munster - lucky to have the lead at this stage tbh.

lucky to have the lead at this stage tbh.

That's pushing it a bit

"And it's Marcus Horan - needed another '1' on his back there!" :D

That's what Munster need to do, sustained pressure and go through the phases without trying to go for the jugular immediately.

Surprised that they went for the three-pointer, but as they said, a sign of respect for what has been a very good defensive performance by the French.

O'Gara penalty.

52mins - Munster 13 Montabaun 6
    That's pushing it a bit

Mitu missed a sitter penalty, and also missed another one which was kickable, albeit more difficult. How is that pushing it a bit?:confused: Montabaun haven't threatened the Munster line at all, but they've had their chances to score points.

Another Mitu penalty.

54 mins - Munster 13 Montabaun 9

nah dreamer its complaining about firewall issues even after its installed so :(

Try Montabaun, was it a knock-on leading up to it?

57 mins Munster 13 Montabaun 14 conv to come.

Edit - hit the French player's head, so no knock-on. Conversion missed. One point game.

Good poaching Montauban!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Advertisement
Advertisement