Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Munster v Montauban *Spoilers*

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

There will always be people who will say the atmosphere was way better in the "old" stadium, it annoys the hell out of me as I wouldn't have got a ticket for this game most likely if they hadn't expanded.
    Thomond was magical before (I was at Gloucester and Sale games there where it was unbelievable) and will be again.
    The reason things were quiet at times was
    1. The score - Munster were never out of sight at any stage and looked liked losing against a team they were expected to beat well - never conducive to a good buzz!
    2- Alot of people were delayed - around me anyway -by 15 -20 mins and it is hard to get into the game with people arriving still.
    3- There is still a wow factor where people are admiring the stands and ground when the ball is dead.
    4 - Alot of new people coming to the games who wouldn't have been there before some know little about the game (some hilarious comments from a couple behind me on Friday) and don't get involved in the singing etc. but in time they will I hope.
    Also let's not forget Clermont Auvergne last year and Cardiff in Thomond a couple of years ago where the atmosphere was very muted also. I honestly didn't think it was that bad, the crowd did seem to drive the players on at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭garydubh

Interesting that the new Post (PON) Code for Thomond Park is PDJ 97MV - seems that the "MV" part stands for Munster Victorious.... any other interpretations?

PON Codes can be got and viEwed on a web map at www.irishpostcodes.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

I get a bit frustrated that so many people don't know/sign "Stand up and Fight". I have 2 theories... firstly they make a mistake by having it sung by a tenor, it can be quite a rousing "pub" song and I think that change would help. Secondly I think a lot of people don't know it.... when leaving the Glasgow match I heard a guy mention "that stupid opera song thing they sang at the start".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Thoroughally unconvincing on Friday night. A massive step up is needed for the Sale match. A big ask to go from nearly losing to the likes of Montauban in Limerick to getting a win away to Sale. Munster are probably the team best able to do it, but it was a very poor, unprofessional start to the campaign. Fair play to Montauban though. They deserved a draw at least for coming to Thomand, playing a "second" string team and fronting up like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I have to admit, I may have let a little yelp for montauban when they went ahead at the last minute - as much as i'll support another irish province, they played extremely well and it was great to see. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

il gatto wrote: »
    Thoroughally unconvincing on Friday night. A massive step up is needed for the Sale match.

Whereas Sale have really hit the ground running this year in the GP, beating Gloucs, Bristol, Sarries and trolleying an understrength Clermont at home at the weekend. One of the form teams thus far. Its going to be an exceptionally tough game. If we play like we did against Montauban we'll lose, no question...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Pshan

I have to admit, I may have let a little yelp for montauban when they went ahead at the last minute - as much as i'll support another irish province, they played extremely well and it was great to see. :)

While, as a Munster fan, I'd have been gutted to see us lose I admired Montauban's game. Okay you could argue their try was an intercept and that was the only time they looked like scoring they cetainly played with heart throughout the match.

I was on the East Tce and Montauban had supporters overhead me on the stand, at the end of the game the team came over to our side of the field to applaud their supporters and the munster fans on the North & Terraces gave them a huge round of applause.

Overall, I thought Munster deserved their win as we were the only team that looked like scoring tries on the night.

Advertisement