Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing reply in thread

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

From what I can see:
    This message has been deleted by Thaedydal. Reason: too close to medical advice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Whoza - you're quick back on that! :)

I have an issue with the decision of Thaedydal.
    Would it not have been better to contact me & let me know about the problem so that I could have rectified it?
    I have a son who has eczema, so I have experience with dealing with it.
    I never gave medical advice, I simply provided guidance on the methods which have worked in my son's case.

I don't think that a deletion was justified.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

10-10-20 wrote: »

Would it not have been better to contact me & let me know about the problem so that I could have rectified it?
    I never gave medical advice, I simply provided guidance on the methods which have worked in my son's case.

Welcome to PI! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

CuLT wrote: »
    From what I can see:

This message has been deleted by Thaedydal. Reason: too close to medical advice

I have been victim to the disappearing post scenario too. It would be more helpful to leave a placemarker - like the sentence used in explanation above -than just a disappearance. At least then you have the opportunity to learn and improve :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Better take that up with Thaedydal. Try a pm.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Moderators don't always have the time to PM people about deletions like that, and depsite their best intentions for the site and people concerned, can cause offense.

Obviously you were just trying to help, in this scenario though I think it may have just been better to say something like "it would be a good idea to ask your GP / Family doctor for creams, etc" rather than being as specific as you were, that's all.

Cult,

I understand where you are coming from (I used to admin a website in the past) and there is a fine line. But valid guidance such as what I wrote about is available from many non-medical sources.
    My reference to steroid creams was not medical advice as I advised the OP to seek support (read: prescription) from the doctor. Actual medical advice would have been for me to state that the OP needs a steriod cream.
    It's better for people to be informed about the options open to them than not know and suffer.

I more-so have an issue with the handling & action taken in this case than I do with anything else. Why should I bother trying to give any valid advice based on experience when it can be deleted with such impunity...?

And please don't take me up incorrectly - I'm merely debating the decision here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You never gave, yet you provided? Different words, but the same meaning?

As we never know who is who online, and rather to be safe than sorry, any medical advice is usually a no-no.

Advertisement