Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting 1 month Car insurance

Options
  • 10-10-2008 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Is this possible guys?

I'm moving to Oz in slighty less that 1 month but car insurance has run out. I'd like to get 1 months cover, anybody know a way to achieve this?

Many Thanks,
    Woody

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

I dont think any insurance company will issue insurance for a month. If you know someone with a spare car and they will put you on their policy as a named driver then you will be sorted...

Head

Woody_FX wrote: »
    Is this possible guys?

I'm moving to Oz in slighty less that 1 month but car insurance has run out. I'd like to get 1 months cover, anybody know a way to achieve this?

Many Thanks,
    Woody

Renew the policy. Pay the first installment and then after the month cancel the policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Woody_FX

Pay the policy and then cancel seems like an option. @ Head i get stopped by the guards a lot where i live so not having a disc on the car is gonna bring me lots of heat!

I'll ring the insurance company tomorrow and ask them can they insure the car, pay in monthly installments and then cancel in a month. They might object though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Just insure it and say nothing about cancelling!! Pay it monthly and then cancel they'll probably charge you 50euro (quinn do anyways) and you'll haver to return your disc. Inform your bank to cancel the Direct Debit otherwise you may get a shock when your in Oz

Advertisement