Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tocco problems

• 10-10-2008 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, a friend of mine bought a samsung tocco off adverts last week. The girl she bought it from lives in Kerry, so she posted the phone up and i paid her by paypal. The receipt was also included with the phone. It was bought on the 3rd of september as an upgrade.

Since receiving the phone, there have been a couple of problems with it. The very odd time, the touchscreen isnt recognising that it is being touched, or else, again the very odd time, when you press a certain part of the screen, it thinks that a different part of the screen has been touched.

Any ideas on what can be done? She would obviously just like the phone to be fixed. If we brought it back to a vodafone shop in Dublin, would they fix it even though it was bought in kerry and its under a different persons name? Or is there anywhere up here where it could be fixd?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

The Mobile Phone Repair Company are a good option if you want to get it fixed (assuming the recipt / name issue isn't a goer). I have sent phones to them to be fixed and found them very professional.

It may be still in warranty to Samsung themselves so it wouldnt matter whose name it is then if they were to take it back to fix. In fact, now that I think of it, the MPRC ask if the phones are in warranty so maybe you could get it fixed through them via the warranty if it's still in date?

Hope that's of help.

Head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Thanks for the reply. It was just the kind of reply i was hoping to hear ;) Wll give them a shout on monday and see what they say about fixing it :)

Advertisement