Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cramps

• 10-10-2008 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

Did anyone get cramps in early pregnancy? Much like period pains? :(

I know that they are perfectly normal cos of all the stretching and growing thats going on, but my god they can be sore!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭clouds

Hi Crazy Cat lady-
    Yeah me too. Only found out I was pregnant this week, totally unexpectedly.
    5 weeks so very early days. Did not believe the two home tests - even having misgivings about doctors confirmation - because these cramps are exactly the same as period pains and are far more noticeable than any pregnancy symptoms I've been having. But doctor said it was common enough and calmed my fears that it was a sign of pregnancy ending.
    First post on boards and C.C lady you are the first person to be told about Baby Cloud!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Congratulations!

I'm only really starting to go public with my pregnancy... I don't think I really believed it until I had a scan this week and saw my tiny little blob on the screen!

I'd have to say that my enormous sore boobs are probably my worst complaint! I've actually grown udders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

Yes, some women get cramping in early pregnancy from uterus stretching & even some slight spotting (pink or brown usually) due to implantation of the embyro. You should only become concerned & consult your healthcare provider if the cramping gets worse and is accompanied by bleeding that is getting heavier, particularly red in colour.

Also you may experience sharp intense pain for a few seconds in the groin area when you shift position, this is usually round ligament stretching, and should not worry you, just your body getting ready for the job ahead.......oh the joys.......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Glittergirl

Hi there
    Clouds ... I've just found out that I'm pregnant as well and am due on 19th June 2009 .. I think this is only 4 days after your due date!! Fab, eh?

I have been getting very mild cramps for the past 2 weeks and was sure that my periods were coming. The only "give-away" was that my boobs were sore and I don't get this symptom during my AF's.

I'll be going to see my Dr. either today or tomorrow and ask him if this is okay, but I've done a lot of research and lots and lots of people get mild cramping during the first few weeks so I official say ... "we don't worry about it".

Take care and enjoy the moment!

Glit

Congrats glittergirl, i noticed your date alright:p. Wow, big changes ahead for us both!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 slanleat

Glittergirl, sharing the same due date! Right behind Cloud.
    Cramps easing off now, but quite hormonal, which is annoying..

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Glittergirl

Hiya Clouds and SlanLeat

Very exciting eh????? Have any of you had any morning sickness yet? I've not had anything yet and was just wondering when/if this is going to kick in?

Good luck girleyeees!!

Glit x

• Registered Users Posts: 21 slanleat

hey, no morning sickness or sore boobs yet, if it wasnt for the cramps, Id be wondering about the tests!! This is no. 3 for me, but every bit as exciting as previous 2!
    Have u guys been to the doc yet? I must arrange an appointment, looking at other posts, maternity hospitals are gone mad busy altogether..

Thanks everyone :D

If I were in work I'd be telling expectant women the very things that have been said here, it's just so different when its you and your first pregnancy! Its great to have reassurance!

Congrats Slan leat! & best of luck.
    I have been to the doctor twice now, and am to go back to him when i come home from hols in mid - Nov, but no mention yet of appointments or anything.
    Like you mentioned the maternity hospitals seem to be very busy, i wonder is there a baby boom?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yes there is.

Been rushed off my feet in the labour ward this week, not a minute to breathe!

Lots of women booked to have their babies in October!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Pif

Hi Ladies,
    I'm so relieved to have found your posts. Its after midnight and I'm googling pregnancy f weeks and cramps to try to reassure myself that its normal. Just found out I was pregnant too on Friday!! I did the test since I was late (but exercise alot so that happens a bit) but my usuall tiny AAs were quite swollen. I think due date is around 25th June. I have not been to a doc yet, must sort that out but have to go away for work for ten days, terrible timing.
    Its great to hear that you've been having similiar cramps. This seems so unreal.

I'm also feeling so guilty since I had been out for a BIG night out with friends the day before I found out I was pregnant. I'm hoping I have not intoxicated the bean inside me. Honestly, if pregancy is just one long string of worries!! Help!
    Thanks for the reassuring words. I am going to try to relax and get some sleep now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Looks like a lot of us are having June babies, i'm due on the 10th. The camps freaked me out in the first few weeks but they have stopped now, they have been replaced with constant nausea though and to be honest i think i'd have the cramps back any day instead of the way i'm feeling lately :(
    Good luck to all :)

Congratulations!

I shouldn't worry about the big night out, many women drink plenty before they find out they are pregnant and go on to have normal healthy babies. I was so convinced that I wasn't pregnant as I felt exactly like I was about to get my period (cramps and sore boobs) that I bought a bottle of wine and a pregnancy test, drank the bottle of wine and then did the test the following morning. It was some shock to see a positive result! A good shock all the same!

I'd also see a good few perfectly formed babies of I.V drug misusers in work. Growing babies are very resillient to the toxins we throw at them in the early stages of development, so don't worry and enjoy the journey!

Advertisement