Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

window smear problem

Options
  • 10-10-2008 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

i have a bad situation here .i can hardly see a thing at night due to a smear on window screen ive tried all sorts of addetives and even raw lemon juice but nothing seems to shift it does anyone have a solution or a idea of what it is im thinking previous owner may have used glass cleaner but i have the car for nearly a year now and it hasnt gone when it rains i turn on wipers it smears then clears then smears when wiper crosses again so best way of seeing is not to use wipers (not a good idea)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Get a new windscreen if you have windscreen cover on your Insurance policy. Just ring up a place and tell them in advance why you want to change it. Should be no problem.

I change my back windscreen(far more expensive) and one side window because somebody used a angle grinder near my car and burnt the glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Clean it with a regular household glass cleaner. Then polish is off with newspaper. Polish hard and your problem will vanish.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Crosstown....

OP - Do not put normal window cleaner on your windscreen, might solve the problem but your wipers will squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak....and so on and so fouth.

Have you tried to replace the wipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Crosstown....

OP - Do not put normal window cleaner on your windscreen, might solve the problem but your wipers will squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak....and so on and so fouth.

Have you tried to replace the wipers.

Would be interested in more opinions on this.

Have a similar problem. 1st left to right swipe moves all liquid and leaves no streak. Converse right to left swipe leaves a huge amount of streaks.
    I degreased the windscreen, degreased the wipers, no change.

Bought new blades, same exact issue. Am I looking at the bushings at this stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭fatboymsport

i had the same problem on a car once i tried everything including rubbing a cut in half spud on it.

bought some good wipers and it was perfect again if you have not changed them try getting so good wipers not just blade refills as the are ****e

• Advertisement
Advertisement