Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dax Vs Connacht

• 10-10-2008 9:58pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lest it go unnoticed a great result for Connaught I see winners 12-30 away in France against Dax in the Challenge Cup.

Keep it up lads.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

2 out of 2 for Connaught... well done boys, here's hoping it's the start of something good for the West!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Caught the second half on the radio and it seemed like a good performance in the second half. Muldoon was carded again (apparently harshly though) which is becoming a bit of a worry with him as captain this season.

It seems like Keatley put in another sterling performance again so perhaps he might be considered for the training squad next month, which will be handy with O'Gara seemingly still on a book tour this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Fantastic back to back wins, next weekend will definitely be a sell out, bring on London Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

galwayrush wrote: »
    Fantastic back to back wins, next weekend will definitely be a sell out, bring on London Irish.

Isn't that a loaded phrase so many of us have waiting so long to hear from a Connacht supporter - great wins, sell out, and roll on the opposition. :) Great to hear and I really hope this is the begining of a landmark season for Connacht. Finishing ahead of Ulster in ML, getting into HEC and making a very solid display in Europe.

Fingers crossed for you lads, well done tonight and bset of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭ibuprofen

Brilliant result for connacht. They're looking pretty good at home this year.
    It may well be their year to take a place in the heineken cup .!!
    they'll have to win six or seven matches to allow four irish entrants into the heineken cup.
    If not the derby matches between ulster and connacht will be the deciding factor....can't wait..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

galwayrush wrote: »

Great stuff, finally playing some decent rugby. Can't wait for the Sportsground next week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭phog

Another good result for the Westies. Hopefully they can continue to deliver the goods and encourage the supporters to get behind thier team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Yea, great result AND 3 tries away from home. Like the others have said, can't wait for next weekend. Only hope that Mapasua isn't playing, he's really impressed me in any Irish games I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Zzippy wrote: »
    Great stuff, finally playing some decent rugby. Can't wait for the Sportsground next week :)

Better and better....the LI game will be huge...g'wan Connacht.!!! Irish performance of the weekend,easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

There are highlights of this and all the European matches at the weekend on Sky Sports 1 right now - not Sky Sports Xtra as advertised/in your digi-guide.

They've just shown Toulouse-Bath first, and are analysing that match, rest to follow. Programme will run until after 11.30pm due to late finish in Darts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Diom

Match report here for anyone interested:

KNOCK ON

By a local rugby journalist here in Galway who know Connacht Rugby very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Pleasantly suprised by that.Maybe it's the start of some consistancy at last. A very convincing win away from home. Keatley seems to be on fire at the moment.
    London Irish will have their tails up on Friday after whipping Rovigo at the weekend. And remember, they only lost by less than a converted try to Toulouse in last years HEC semi-final. Let's hope the lads realise how big a match this is for the province in a wider sense. Could be the start of an upswing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Friday's game is nearly sold out, ticketmaster have no tickets left, there may be some in the clubhouse, but anyone who wants to attend should get theirs today if they can.
    Can't feckin wait now!

Phew...I must have gotten the last one so! I got two yesterday for my parents and one for my GF today! I got it at 9:48!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Well done Connacht!!

Farrelly in todays Independent has a very good story on the Connacht game against Dax. Glad to see Johnny O'Concrete and John MulDOOM, getting the praise they deserve. Both have been superb for Connacht.

Advertisement