Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sokker Manager - online soccer game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

yeah im saying that, not suggesting...

and there shud be a better system. only reason the current one is there is so u have to be from the country to have a team there..otherwise there would be loadsa foreigners in irish teams etc...would mean there are 50% polish posts on forum :P

only way around it i can see is a proxy server (u an use it if u want to watch live matches on rte too)

basically gives u an irish ip.
    looks easy enough setup.. all you do is change a setting in internet explorer. all you would have to do it for is the registration too

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The thing is.... over at Trophy Manager there isn't such a rule yet they don't have the problem you described. I still don't see what the problem would be if there were Polish people in the Irish league. You just make a rule that discussions are held in English in the Irish forum and voila! problem solved :)

I just think that they have put in place a "security mesure" for a false problem.

I'll be in Ireland next weekend so I'll just create one while there.

ah well thats grand. its for the registration is all like. and yeah i know what u mean it is a pile of.....
    i found a way of getting an irish ip now though

click

that site explains it. simpel setup really. i cant find an actual irish proxy to use atm though :(
    been searching for the last hour id say for ur sake but sur if ur coming home i guess it can wait lad. sorry bout all the trouble n all...

No worries.

Irish proxies, especially anonymous Irish proxies are more rare than Unicorns.

rite well 97 users now, slowly getting to 100... this means there should be an average of 4 users in each bottom division league who are human.

p.s @ponster. if you register with one of the guys here names that they used ingame, you will probably be put in the same league as them... :)
    adds a bit of spice and competition

• Advertisement

Yeah I'll do that this weekend.

I got final confirmation from them that I need to provide a photocopy of ID via email to prove that I'm Irish. I think that have serious paranoia problems :)

vega_passport.jpg

hope ya were able to get on anyways mate. theres 4 on waiting list at the moment but probably wont get teams till monday id say...

Just signed up...lets see what happens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

What is your team name Ponster?

• Advertisement

he wont have it until monday probably, but i guess he'll know from the registration name

new users have been accepted anyways. there were 6 so either 3 got rejected, or 3 got deleted caus of inactivity...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Mr Nin

I was messaged by our admin Nivu this morning, apparently he's been on holiday for the last 10 days, which explains a lot. It could also cause problems for Ponster as he wasnt aware of the situation.

Cause problems how exactly?

edit: hey my team was approved !

i'm in Second Division.10 with Xavis

cool mate glad u got in anyways!

best of luck. looks like theres 3 or 4 active teams there who will want promotion!

woulnd't have been easier to rank people out of 20 rather than having to remember the difference between 'solid' and 'good'? :)

Ah you got in, good. I spoke to Nivu about you and he said you were on a waiting list but he'd pass you if i verified you.
    0-17 is a bit more vague than Tragic-Divine

You wait weeks for a club and then 2 come along at the same time. Ponster now has 2 clubs, i'd avoid signing into the other one for now. I'll check them over and see which one is better.

EDIT

Goldust IE are better, dont sign into the club in 2:13

cheers for that !

I created one yesterday which was created today and the other one was the original team that i created last week (which was blocked).

I won't touch the goldust team then.

might be an idea to either find someone for the other team or just get on to mods about it incase there is an issue with ip's in future...

we all know how troublesome ip's can be :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I wouldn't knowingly give someone that squad, they're not good.

so anyways hows all the new teams looking..?

hafnt seen a pip out of many of ye on the forums, just a guy called dajelama or something :)
    hes just after starting and is gonna get promoted id say already

Dalejama has been around for a while. He was the Polish guy who applied for the Ireland association and got rejected because he wasnt active on the forum.

ah right...yeah hes just after joining the game it seems (fanclub under 300)

and he said he played before and joined again now caus of the new animations ingame

hes pretty active but still hasnt proceeded onto the main forums... although i was only on second division one for a while too when i joined...

with increased numbers i was hoping they wud get more active...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭seadog9

I play this game too:)

Any of you guys play footstar?

Anyone else want to join? Now is a good time as the new season is about to start.

Any more? I've given the admins a kick up the arse and they shouldn't keep anyone waiting more than 48 hours now.

As for the Ireland national team. We're in the qualifying season for the World Cup at the moment and we're actually doing pretty well. We're 2nd in our group, behind Spain (world cup runners up, U-21 world cup runners up, ranked 2nd in the world) who beat us 5-1. We're ahead of Denmark though who are the group 2nd seeds. Big game next week, win it and we could be going to our first ever world cup.

For anyone who has signed up, be sure to check your email for a confirmation link.
    We have a couple of applicants who should be passed sometime tomorrow.

* Pop *

Now is a great time to sign up for the Ireland Sokker league. We've got a large influx of new users at the moment and with this season ending tonight, you'll have time to setup your team, buy players and play friendlies in preparation for the new season which starts with the Ireland cup on the 26th.

http://online.sokker.org/?lang=en

• Advertisement

id wait until the player age update first, just in the hopes starting players are decent :)
    but yeah. you get a sponsor bonus in a week or so also, so its agood time to join!

Advertisement