Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Harris Statue Vandalised

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

concussion wrote: »
    <SNIP>It was removed with a power tool. Probably by the council to prevent further shenanigans.

Tools ya say? Yeah, was definitely the Council so........

To be honest though, who ever did this could have done it over the course of 6 hours with 2-3 breaks for tea and biscuits without any fear of ever being caught.

- I'm all for having them snooker tables removed from Henry St.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It's a real shame to see the statue defaced by mindless thugs. I wouldn't hold out any hope of them being caught though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Raiser wrote: »
    - I'm all for having them snooker tables removed from Henry St.

Snooker tables on Henry Street? :confused:

Do tell! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

St Micheals (?) sports club above that sports equipment store. close to the post office i think. shannon street?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I think he meant the pool tables in Henry St Garda station?

An as for this "proof of our society being gone to the dogs" malarky.
    Are you kiding me?

Statues have been vandalised in every country and society for hundreds of years!!!
    The little urinating boy in Brussels has been stolen 7 times for Christ sake!
    The Statue Of Liberty was full of grafity for decades!
    The Lions in trafalger are repaired a few times a year.

It's been that way for hundreds of years, and always will be.
    Nothing to do with our society.

It has nothing to do with society, except that every society has idiots in it, and always will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Lunar_Wolf

No one messes with Dumbledore:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

jackncoke wrote: »
    +1...feckin students
    +2 students. <Derogatory Comments about Students Removed>

I think he meant the pool tables in Henry St Garda station?

An as for this "proof of our society being gone to the dogs" malarky.
    Are you kiding me?

Statues have been vandalised in every country and society for hundreds of years!!!
    The little urinating boy in Brussels has been stolen 7 times for Christ sake!
    The Statue Of Liberty was full of grafity for decades!
    The Lions in trafalger are repaired a few times a year.

It's been that way for hundreds of years, and always will be.
    Nothing to do with our society.

It has nothing to do with society, except that every society has idiots in it, and always will.
    In Riga an Irish nob was caught pissing on the freedom statue. He was put in jail for 2 weeks. thats how serious it is over there and they're not even free from anything. the Russian Mafia control that country. I'm not saying the guards need to be that drastic. they just need to catch the culprit and give him a good scare and a warning to others.

Stab*City wrote: »
    bootcamps and chaingangs for vandals and what would you have for more serious crime?? execution maybe? who is to say this was done by a person of the discription you gave IE a "scumbag" maybe this was done by students or drunken rugby jocks!! who knows!!
    Yea..... doesnt matter if they're students or rugby posh nobs.... whoever did it is a scumbag

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

TheLoc wrote: »
    +2 students.
    In Riga an Irish nob was caught pissing on the freedom statue. He was put in jail for 2 weeks. thats how serious it is over there and they're not even free from anything. the Russian Mafia control that country. I'm not saying the guards need to be that drastic. they just need to catch the culprit and give him a good scare and a warning to others.
    Yea..... doesnt matter if they're students or rugby posh nobs.... whoever did it is a scumbag

Eh... You do know it's possible to quote more than one post at the same time, right? It's just a bit strange to see one person post 3 times in a row...

-1 to your "inbred tossers" comment by the way. There's plenty of characters from this city who could learn a thing from the behaviour of students who come in from country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Lunar_Wolf

Doesn't matter if your from the country, city, what have you, you will always find dumbasses in every group of people.

An Fhile wrote: »
    Eh... You do know it's possible to quote more than one post at the same time, right? It's just a bit strange to see one person post 3 times in a row...

-1 to your "inbred tossers" comment by the way. There's plenty of characters from this city who could learn a thing from the behaviour of students who come in from country.
    I doubt it seriously. <Mod Edit: Derogatory comments about students removed>

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I doubt it seriously. they are the most ignorent breed of human I have ever met. Smashing glasses everywhere and vandelising cars... they're nearly the same a petty scumbags only less intelligent. If the characters in this city could learn anything from them, its how to count sheep.

Post reported. I find that pretty offensive.

Aw xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Grow up, you probably come from the countryside judging by your reaction!
    I know plenty from the countryside and have relations there, and most to tell the truth are fine, its just the mammys boys and girls that come into the city to go to college, that are not streetwise and think its grand because they got up to the same out in the sticks and nobody gave them any grief.

The Loc, is right that they are same as scumbags in a sense, they are like they are on holiday away from the folks for the first time and think they can do what the hell they like!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You don't like students, TheLoc. We get it. I don't know the source of your prejudice, but please don't tar them all with the same brush. Your comments have been reported as being offensive.

I find it very offensive that students don't let me sleep at night. I find it offensive that they break glass everywhere and I have to pay vet bills so for my dogs paws, I find it offensive that a student randomely tried to bottle my father when he walked past a house party in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY. I was a student 2 years ago in LIT and I have to say, the city people are a lot more behaved than most of them country folk in UL. not all of them... but most of the spoilt little brats.
    Sorry u found it offensive but u don't have to live with it everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

This is making me laught big time!
    Its fine to be regularly tagging ALL inner city youth as scumbags daily but as soon as you mention a student its offensive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Not all students are like this TheLoc, only an extremely small minority act in the way you have said. Ill admit i have seen it myself but its not fair to say that ALL students are like this because they are not.

Not all students are like this TheLoc, only an extremely small minority act in the way you have said. Ill admit i have seen it myself but its not fair to say that ALL students are like this because they are not.
    I did not say all of them.... anyway, where I live.... most of them do behave this way. i'm hardly making it up. it's mostly 1st and 2nd years. after that they get kicked out and mammy and daddy pay their way back in.

• Advertisement

Hang on a sec, what's his name? That guy, an actor or something, had a statue built in his honour. Oh yeah, Richard Harris! Isn't this thread supposed to be about his statue? :confused:

Nope its about his statue being vandalised by scumbags, which is what people are discussing! The scumbags that carried out the activity

True dat. Sparks your some legend. Bring him down to earth

I should be a mod ;)

<_<

>_>

Lazers, is that you..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

<_<

>_>

Lazers, is that you..?

Lol, here we go again ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Rubberbandits

MonsieurD wrote: »
    In fairness its quite amusing the way a cctv camera is visible in the left of the photo blatantly looking the opposite direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

In fairness its quite amusing the way a cctv camera is visible in the left of the photo blatantly looking the opposite direction.

that cam is overlooking the BOI ATM. and, in fairness, i think that's more important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

I hate that statue, it looks nothing like the great man and shouldn't be a scale smaller than the man himself.

Does anyone remember when the rugby player and hurler on O'Connell Street was first erected? The hurley was broken several times. It seems to be a tradition of some sort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

It's been vandalised again. Happy Christmas everyone....

DSC00201.JPG

Advertisement