Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Harris Statue Vandalised

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

hehe, boobies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

concussion wrote: »
    It's been vandalised again. Happy Christmas everyone....

DSC00201.JPG

...ah christ!!!!

feck it, it made me laugh!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

They sprayed the wrong part! They were supposed to make Santa's beard white!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

It's been vandalised again. Happy Christmas everyone....

DSC00201.JPG

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I'd be in favour of moving that statue off over by the Hilton (or whatever its called now) by that side of the river and sticking any old thing at its current spot in bedford row because the statue is just laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

1huge1 wrote: »
    I'd be in favour of moving that statue off over by the Hilton (or whatever its called now) by that side of the river and sticking any old thing at its current spot in bedford row because the statue is just laughable.

You could put the Teaty Stone on Bedford Row and somebody would vandalise it. I say we leave the statue where it is and see how long it takes the vandals to paint his face like the Joker.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

What a joke this is, and people on here encouraging this behaviour.

There was a group of scum up by that statue in Cruises st the other night, was probably them! Get more high profile if vandalised Harris!

What a joke this is, and people on here encouraging this behaviour.

There was a group of scum up by that statue in Cruises st the other night, was probably them! Get more high profile if vandalised Harris!
    No one is really encouraging the behaviour, its just we all think the statue is a disgrace and looks more like the Burger King man than Harris.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

That statue is godawful anyway, melt it down and remould it into something sculpted by someone who actually knows what Harris looked like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Judging by some of the responses here, it may not have been scumbags or students, but a gang of disgruntled art critics who defaced the statue :D

(is deface the right word to use, his face hasn't been damaged??? :p)

• Advertisement

to hell with it, they should do a dumbledore statue, the tourism that'd generate would be huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

An Fhile wrote: »
    see how long it takes the vandals to paint his face like the Joker.

grabs paint and heads for limerick in a car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

zuroph wrote: »
    to hell with it, they should do a dumbledore statue, the tourism that'd generate would be huge!

Except Michael Gambon is a way better Dumbledore:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

krudler wrote: »
    Except Michael Gambon is a way better Dumbledore:D

That is a matter of opinion, Richard Harris is the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

If Richard Harris saw the state of that crappy Gnome-figurine he'd definitely vandalise it himself - just for his own sakes.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Pelotudo

I'd locked my bike on Bedford Row the same evening as King Richard got his silver breasts... They also painted the saddle of my bike, well half of it anyway...If only they had done the whole thing because from one side it looks kind of cool.
    Don't think I'm condoning it because on other occasions they've slashed the saddle and stolen my mudguards..
    They're still just anti-social scum in my book..

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I think he meant the pool tables in Henry St Garda station?

An as for this "proof of our society being gone to the dogs" malarky.
    Are you kiding me?

Statues have been vandalised in every country and society for hundreds of years!!!
    The little urinating boy in Brussels has been stolen 7 times for Christ sake!
    The Statue Of Liberty was full of grafity for decades!
    The Lions in trafalger are repaired a few times a year.

It's been that way for hundreds of years, and always will be.
    Nothing to do with our society.

It has nothing to do with society, except that every society has idiots in it, and always will.

Little Mermaid in Kobenhavn is a regular target for decapitation,,,

Now theres an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

In a clever ploy, possibly as a counter-point to spray painting brests on a male figure, the statue on Cruises street was given a penis. Actually two penises, the other one is pointing at her bottom. I would commend this delighful irony except they also gave her breasts, underneath the actual breasts.

can we start a campaign for a dumbledore statue? they could put a bright white light in the tip of the wand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

In a clever ploy, possibly as a counter-point to spray painting brests on a male figure, the statue on Cruises street was given a penis. Actually two penises, the other one is pointing at her bottom. I would commend this delighful irony except they also gave her breasts, underneath the actual breasts.

Must have been the scum i had seen there earlier on that night?!

same silver spray paint anyway. lots of cameras on cruises st, this crime can now be solved!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

same silver spray paint anyway. lots of cameras on cruises st, this crime can now be solved!!

Yeah imagine that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

An Fhile wrote: »
    see how long it takes the vandals to paint his face like the Joker.

th_notsoharris.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

The gov should just put a huge wall somewhere in town and let people spray paint it. Obviously then someone can check it the odd time and erase anything vulgur. would be a good idea. I think the have grafiti walls in paris and america.

TheLoc wrote: »
    The gov should just put a huge wall somewhere in town and let people spray paint it. Obviously then someone can check it the odd time and erase anything vulgur. would be a good idea. I think the have grafiti walls in paris and america.
    There fairly popular in many parts of the UK and Germany from what I've seen.

Yea it might a good idea. instead of people vandalising statues and random acts of stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

TheLoc wrote: »

But don't forget...Forbidden Fruit tastes the sweetest.

Thats true but I doubt it would be expensive to try out. they could always just take it down then if it doesn't work out. Them little fecks need something to do. How many times has that statue been vandalised now? and the guards still haven't thought of putting cameras up? or maybe they do along the street but they just don't use them. It should be pretty easy to catch the vandals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭themonk

they just need to make an oliver reed statue oliverreed.jpg

sure to scare em off

Advertisement