Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cill Ard, Bohermore

Options
  • 10-10-2008 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Hey there, moving into Cill Ard in the near future, what's the area like, does anyone know? And where is and how expensive is the nearest watering hole/offie/shop? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

hoody wrote: »
    Hey there, moving into Cill Ard in the near future, what's the area like, does anyone know? And where is and how expensive is the nearest watering hole/offie/shop? Cheers

Used to live there myself about five or six years ago. Tesco was only ten minutes walk, so it got most of the shopping..

The nearest watering hole = town, so you have a choice of what ever you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 KrazyLikeafox

Lived there also for some time, great location to be at.

if you like to shop in Lidl your sorted, a quick jump over the wall and your there.

I used to drink down in Cuba, its only around the corner, sure anywhere at all is good because your so near town. Offie just across the road, forget the name of it now, it was on the side of a pub..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Grew up in bow'ha'mowa- pubs still the same and locals are class
    Crowes
    Charlies - (something tavern now)
    Tonerys - my fav
    Fahys - dont bother with that one
    All stones throw away..
    Great location- I wish we kept our lovely little house :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

You mind me asking what number you're moving into? I live there and we're supposed to have someone new move in in the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

I live there. Location is great, 5 minutes to Tesco, cross the road and you're in the cinema/Aldi. 5 minutes walk to the town, 10 mins to Eye Cinema, quick pizza delivery.

But be careful, people there steal the bins sometimes..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Really? Been living here over a year now and haven't encountered that problem yet. Though I've probably just cursed myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

WooPeeA wrote: »
    I live there. Location is great, 5 minutes to Tesco, cross the road and you're in the cinema/Aldi. 5 minutes walk to the town, 10 mins to Eye Cinema, quick pizza delivery.

But be careful, people there steal the bins sometimes..:mad:

lol i liv in cill ard nd jus got our bin replaced end of last week.. company said there's a chip in it and told us someone between 10 and 16 has been using it. cudnt find it tho so they replaced it..

didnt kno it was an epidemic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

With a name like Hoody you'll fit right in...

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

moved in there over the weekend, fine spot alright, anyone know if all the dire warnings the housemates/landlady gave us about parking on the street are necessary?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

lol i liv in cill ard nd jus got our bin replaced end of last week.. company said there's a chip in it and told us someone between 10 and 16 has been using it. cudnt find it tho so they replaced it..

didnt kno it was an epidemic :pac:
    Chip in the bin? Ya right...

Wish to hear their reaction if I called them and said that friend told me that you put chips inside of the bins and should know where mine currently is!! :pac:

Anyway, I got the new one since yesterday. I think I'm gonna mark that one somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

moved in there over the weekend, fine spot alright, anyone know if all the dire warnings the housemates/landlady gave us about parking on the street are necessary?

Well what are the warnings she gave you. You should have been given permits so if they are displayed you won't have a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nbznut

its the drunks coming home and wrecking cars !!! also careless drivers smash and run !!! lost door mirror twice ! and thats just visiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I lived there. It's grand, right next to everything you need. Lots of parties going on (if you're into that sort of thing). Seemed safe enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭alexiadexia

Do ye all mind giving me an idea of how much the rent is there now per room? I lived there a few years ago, had a lot of trouble and I found the rent v high in contrast to nicer/ bigger places in the city. Had awful bother with terrible housemates & neighbours. (lool what numbers are ya all in ha ha)

300 for single and 400 for double in last house i heard off..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 laoisebui

Lived there also for some time, great location to be at.

if you like to shop in Lidl your sorted, a quick jump over the wall and your there.

I used to drink down in Cuba, its only around the corner, sure anywhere at all is good because your so near town. Offie just across the road, forget the name of it now, it was on the side of a pub..

i was wondering could you pleasssse tell me how do you hop the wall or where? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lepus

Still nice? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

attachment.php?attachmentid=222779&d=1312849428

This thread is oooooold, so some of the info probably isn't accurate anymore.

Feel free to start a new one on the subject.

Meoowwwwraaaaains....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement