Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colin Farrell on Jonathan Ross

• 10-10-2008 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

God, hes a gorgeous lad, so down to earth, I wanna go for a pint with him, even though hes supposedy off the booze!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Redpunto wrote: »
    God, hes a gorgeous lad, so down to earth, I wanna go for a pint with him, even though hes supposedy off the booze!!

He is a fine bit of stuff alright, friend of mine went on a date with him many many moons ago...(lucky cow).

I think he seemed very on edge on the show. I would have thought he was on something... But obviously not... Glad to see he talked openly about his problem...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Quality wrote: »
    He is a fine bit of stuff alright, friend of mine went on a date with him many many moons ago...(lucky cow).

Can she still walk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Can she still walk?
    lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

He did seem a bit nervy and jittery with the hair touching ( he turned it into a pony tail at end ) and the water bottle seemed to be a crutch of sorts, still i thought he gave a good account of himself with his talk of the pressures of fame ,alcohol and the joys / pains that go with it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

being an alcohol since 14 isn't to be praised

• Advertisement

He did mention his alcoholisim in detail with Ross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Q. Peaches Geldof goes on Tubridy Tonight and Colin Farrell on Friday Night with JR. What the f**k is wrong with RTE?

Colin has always struck me as a totally down to earth fella and far easier to like than Johnathan Rhys Myers, who is often way too serious and essentially boring. He's also an incredible actor. 'Tigerland' is his finest work without a doubt. Great film.

*He lost his virginity at 16 after his dad brought him to a brothel in Dublin. Don't ask me how I know that!

Coiln is only doing what a million other guys ,irish or not would love to do and that is live life in the fast lane ,lay as many wimmin as possible that a guy with his looks can have , while seeing the world and having a great time doing it ,while still young .His drink problems are of course a price to pay for it

He's not a bad actor either :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

I'm sure in reality Colin Farrell is very friendly, but he also strikes me as extremely self styled and affected. Watching him smoking and cursing while dressed like a tramp on red carpets is merely nauseating and doesn't endear him to the common people in the way he might think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

K4t wrote: »
    Q. Peaches Geldof goes on Tubridy Tonight and Colin Farrell on Friday Night with JR. What the f**k is wrong with RTE?

Not that I'm standing up for Tubridy's show but Colin Farrell was on his show already this year.

Anywho just watched it on You Tube....I don't like his hair long (think he's an absolute ride with shorter hair!) but I thought he came across a lovely, honest, genuine guy. Nervous and jittery yeah but that's nothing to be ashamed about, he's probably still getting used to life being sober for a change. I thought it was a great interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

The only thing that's annoying about him is this stupid pretense to be working class.He's as middle class as they come.Really annoying that.Plus I hate it when Gerry Ryan pretends to be an ordinary Joe and worry about his pension and where his next pay packet is coming from.He's a bloody millionaire for crying out loud.

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Not that I'm standing up for Tubridy's show but Colin Farrell was on his show already this year.

Anywho just watched it on You Tube....I don't like his hair long (think he's an absolute ride with shorter hair!) but I thought he came across a lovely, honest, genuine guy. Nervous and jittery yeah but that's nothing to be ashamed about, he's probably still getting used to life being sober for a change. I thought it was a great interview.
    I thought so to , and only ment for the nervous jittery quote as an observation more than anything ,probably as i thought and you say as a result of being sober .He is unususal in that he was catapulted to fame from an irish soap opera and by his own admission had drink from an early age .

latchyco wrote: »
    Coiln is only doing what a million other guys ,irish or not would love to do and that is live life in the fast lane ,lay as many wimmin as possible that a guy with his looks can have , while seeing the world and having a great time doing it ,while still young .His drink problems are of course a price to pay for it

He's not a bad actor either :)

If he stays on the piss, he won't remember any of it in thirty years time, bit like Ozzie Osbourne, who reckons the last 25 years was a bit of a blur.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Really great interview, always nice to see personal growth from someone like that.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    If he stays on the piss, he won't remember any of it in thirty years time, bit like Ozzie Osbourne, who reckons the last 25 years was a bit of a blur.
    Yeah , look at bruce willis :D but hope he keeps it together and keeps the ol booze in check and at least he can look back and say he had some life even if he doesnt remember half of it .Somebody ,and ol flame perhaps and the tabloids will i am sure will refresh his memory :)

latchyco wrote: »
    Yeah , look at bruce willis :D but hope he keeps it together and keeps the ol booze in check and at least he can look back and say he had some life even if he doesnt remember half of it .Somebody ,and ol flame perhaps and the tabloids will i am sure will refresh his memory :)

Well, if you look at the family that Ozzie somehow collected during his 25 year coma, Colin should join the Pioneers, or he'll end up with his own strange fugly brood. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Reminds me a little of Heath ledgers last interview he gave to CNBC before his death.
    The same fidgiting and self grooming, as if he had a line of coke waiting for him in the limo after the show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I hate colin farrell and i cant understand why he's a star as he cant bleedin act.

Colin has the look of the washed out coke/ drinking head ok and sure he will have taken on board the death of Heath Ledger as a warning to what can happen .As for his acting abilities , his face fits in some roles and not others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

He's HOT and a very underrated actor

• Advertisement

JP Liz wrote: »
    He's HOT and a very underrated actor

Yes..he gave a Tour De Force performance in Alexander!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

met him a few times.

a damn sound bloke. had time for everybody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Degsy wrote: »
    Yes..he gave a Tour De Force performance in Alexander!!

Alexander was a flop all round

But he gave great performances in

In Bruges
    The New World
    A Home at the end of the World
    SWAT
    Intermission
    Tigerland
    Phonebooth
    Cassandra's Dream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

JP Liz wrote: »
    Alexander was a flop all round

But he gave great performances in

In Bruges
    The New World
    A Home at the end of the World
    SWAT
    Intermission
    Tigerland
    Phonebooth
    Cassandra's Dream

In Bruges was sh*t, not helped by his brutal acting, Cassandra's Dream was another pile of sh*t. He wasn't too bad in Phonebooth (he didn't have much to do in fairness) and I actually liked him in Intermission, but he's not a good actor. I don't think he's all that hot either, he always looks dirty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Tommy the Cat

He was good in Tigerland & Phonebooth, but has gone downhill since. I've met him before and he's a sound bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

i think the long hair and frail appearance are for a film role ..

http://perezhilton.com/2008-05-14-getting-all-method

i much prefer him with shorter hair and a bit of beef on him.

i think he was the same on tuberty, all fidgitey n' fixing his hair.. i think he's uncomfortable talking about himself, strikes me as one of those actors that gets painfully shy about his personal life.

*Dallas wrote: »
    i think he was the same on tuberty, all fidgitey n' fixing his hair.. i think he's uncomfortable talking about himself, strikes me as one of those actors that gets painfully shy about his personal life.

Yes it could be shyness..that or he was coked off his bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

Just watched Intermission again the other night. Fantastic performance from Farrell.

The other movie I TRIED to rent was Phone Booth, which I loved first time. Stupid Chartbusters... didn't have Dazed and Confused, High Fidelity, Eternal Sunshine OR Phone Booth... Jeeees.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cath66

He reminded me of the way Heath Ledger was before he died too. The last interview heath gave where he was talking about his daughter was painful to watch especially in hindsight. He was obviously suffering with his nerves.

Colin on the otherhand seems to be way more articulate than before he (alledgedly)gave up the booze and god knows what else so who knows. Maybe he is just nervous combined with being sober which he seemingly is new to ! Really don't know as have never taken drugs so don't really know what reaction u can have.

Hope he's clean though he does seem like a decent guy not to mention HOT ! Good actor too he just needs the right role in the right film! Good at accents too. Well the american one anyway haven't seen Cassandra's Dream. He doesn't court the press either unlike most of Hollywood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

I'm no huge fan of farell but he seemed friendly, witty, coherent and self-deprecating. Fair play to him. Not a hollywood tosser yet. Don't mind this comparison to Ledger. Farell was in complete control. People love to see a tragedy whenever they can. Ledgers death was an accident and all this hindsight analysis about his talk of his daughter is bull****. Gossip at its worst. Gowan away and read the next Jordan autobiography for yer fix. ****ing vultures.

Advertisement