Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colin Farrell on Jonathan Ross

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dollybird6

Heath in his last interview was speaking about his daughter , how he had contrasting feelings in that he was so proud to have her and felt like he had accomplished something if anything ever happened to him, but at the same time he would hate not to be around to see her grow up. Is this not very sad in hindsight?

He was also very nervy, fidgeting and messing with his hair. It was commented on by many who watched it.This is the comparison being made with Colin. We are not saying the same thing is going to happen to Colin, as you said yourself it was an accident. Colin is great and seemingly doing very well with his sobriety.

Also I wouldn't be a fan of reading Jordan's books but i wouldn't look down on those who do. What harm are they. If you are so high brow yourself why are you on a showbiz forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

dollybird6 wrote: »
    Heath in his last interview was speaking about his daughter , how he had contrasting feelings in that he was so proud to have her and felt like he had accomplished something if anything ever happened to him, but at the same time he would hate not to be around to see her grow up. Is this not very sad in hindsight?

He was also very nervy, fidgeting and messing with his hair. It was commented on by many who watched it.This is the comparison being made with Colin. We are not saying the same thing is going to happen to Colin, as you said yourself it was an accident. Colin is great and seemingly doing very well with his sobriety.

Also I wouldn't be a fan of reading Jordan's books but i wouldn't look down on those who do. What harm are they. If you are so high brow yourself why are you on a showbiz forum?

Just because someone is fidgeting with their hair doesn't mean they are nervy. Maybe they are a bit uncomfortable with the limelight. Look at any interview with Johnny Depp, He's constantly moving, scratching his head, beard whatever. Farell, Depp and Ledger have at one time all been pigeonholed as goodlookers rather than serious actors. Maybe why thats why they all adopt a rather scruffy, scratchy look. I personally wouldn't include Farell in the same legue as Depp and Ledger but they are all miles ahead of the media circus that is Brad and Angelina or Gorgeous George Clooney. They are not all Hollywood smiles and bull**** and turning up at the opening of an envelope.

As for me being highbrow, look at my book case. it's anything but. But a 30 year old with 2 autobiographys out is taking the piss. Roger Moore is 80 odd and just released his first. Now that might be worth reading. At least the man has lived. Her books are nothing more than extended sun/star articles with a load of photos throw in. And before you go off on me about sun/star readers yes I believe most of them to be complete idiots. Not the casual readers who want a bit of light entertainment during their lunch break but the type of idiot who burns down a pediatricians office because the Sun/Star ran an article on pedophiles and these idiots can't spell. You know the type, don't bull**** me that you don't. Everybody does.

This obsession with people who are famous for absolutley no reason just beggers belief. Jordans books top of various bestsellers list for weeks....The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Heckler wrote: »
    Just because someone is fidgeting with their hair doesn't mean they are nervy. Maybe they are a bit uncomfortable with the limelight. Look at any interview with Johnny Depp, He's constantly moving, scratching his head, beard whatever. Farell, Depp and Ledger have at one time all been pigeonholed as goodlookers rather than serious actors. Maybe why thats why they all adopt a rather scruffy, scratchy look. I personally wouldn't include Farell in the same legue as Depp and Ledger but they are all miles ahead of the media circus that is Brad and Angelina or Gorgeous George Clooney. They are not all Hollywood smiles and bull**** and turning up at the opening of an envelope.

As for me being highbrow, look at my book case. it's anything but. But a 30 year old with 2 autobiographys out is taking the piss. Roger Moore is 80 odd and just released his first. Now that might be worth reading. At least the man has lived. Her books are nothing more than extended sun/star articles with a load of photos throw in. And before you go off on me about sun/star readers yes I believe most of them to be complete idiots. Not the casual readers who want a bit of light entertainment during their lunch break but the type of idiot who burns down a pediatricians office because the Sun/Star ran an article on pedophiles and these idiots can't spell. You know the type, don't bull**** me that you don't. Everybody does.

This obsession with people who are famous for absolutley no reason just beggers belief. Jordans books top of various bestsellers list for weeks....The mind boggles.

I agree with everything that you say, but you shouldn't have brought in any criticism regarding spelling.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I agree with everything that you say, but you shouldn't have brought in any criticism regarding spelling.:eek:

Fair enough :) Point taken. But you get my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dollybird6

Well thats exactly why I wouldn't read her books, she doesn't even write her novels herself anyway. But if someone wants to read a bit of fluff after a hard days work more power to them. its escapism at the end of the day. Each to their own and all that.

Maybe it is nerves or whatever with colin, johnny etc. So they all remind us of Heath ok? Just making a comparison about body language and a lot have watched the last interview with heath on news etc . Don't think that makes all of us ****ing vultures ! That's all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

solace wrote: »
    The other movie I TRIED to rent was Phone Booth, which I loved first time. Stupid Chartbusters... didn't have Dazed and Confused, High Fidelity, Eternal Sunshine OR Phone Booth... Jeeees.:P

With that kind of service you'd swear someone would start offering those movies as a stream online...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Hollywood actor Colin Farell has said he’s glad he failed an audition for boyzone years ago - because he wouldn’t have “lasted too long” in the band.
    The actor tried out with the boyz in the 1990s while he was a struggling actor in Ireland, but was rejected during the audition phases for his lack of vocal talent.
    Farrell eventually landed a role in the drama series Ballykissangel in 1998 and went on to forge a high profile career in Hollywood.
    And the star admits he’s pleased he was never accepted into boyzone - because it would have sent his life off on a very different path.
    He says, “I don’t think I would have lasted in the band too long. Life would have been very different, very different.
    “I certainly wouldn’t have lasted a reunion I don’t think.”

I'm glad he didnt get in he is a much better actor than singer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,747 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

JP Liz..Bumping old threads...Standard these days

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

JP Liz wrote: »
    I'm glad he didnt get in he is a much better actor than singer

3 day ban earned for once again not including a source. Don't say you haven't been warned. Read the charter before posting again please.

Advertisement