Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what do you think you will get in the mocks?

Options
  • 10-10-2008 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I'd say i'm going for 400 - 450 hopefully!! lower than that and i'll be worried!!

ye?

Comments

I'm repeating now, and got 465 in last years mocks (couldn't do the leaving cert last year, so forced to repeat), so i'd be looking for a bit more than that anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

It is waaaaaaaaaaaay too early to bother about this!

Id say around 400 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yeah, mad early, and also... the mocks aren't really about getting x points. Okay, they're a good tool for basing study around etc., but it's more about exam technique. Timing, etc. Experiencing the atmosphere. Obviously treat them as close to the real thing as you can to get the best out of them, but there's a good chance you won't even have the courses of your subjects done by the time the mocks come around...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I agree with PFM too, however they are the last real exam before the big one so it would be nice to do well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

i got 435 in my mocks, down from 515 at christmas, and i got 490 overall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 molly_dolly

Last year I got 505 in the mocks. This year I'm studying so as to know everything for the mocks, just as a sort of checkpoint. Only thing is, the stupid HPAT is the week before my school holds the mocks, so it's going to be hard, trying to prepare in some god-only-knows-what way for that and the mocks at the same time! HPATs the priority though. *agitated*

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

Yes i like the mocks for all the preparation stuff but mainly because it's two weeks off normal school! and in my school the feb mid term is straight after them! AH!!! and i think there is an 18th on that night too!!! :D

Advertisement