Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does my other back tooth need to be removed?

• 10-10-2008 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Write basically didn't go to the dentist for 3 years, then i went. was told I needed 3 minor fillings and that I had two potential root canals for my two back bottom teeth. Procedures were done and one of the possible root canals was filled with a filling as it had not quite reached the root and the other was fitted with a temporary until the day i had an enthodontic consultation.

Anyway when i went to get the canal done i was told the tooth was far two decayed and broken down and removal was the wisest option. I expected this as two parts of the tooth had already fallen out before the consultation. So i went to the dentist got it removed , Bob's your uncle it would seem??

BUT!! now my other back bottom molar despite having a permanent filling in it seems to be on the same route. Since the filling was fitted , It has noticeably eroded a small amount and the tooth seems extremley shallow for some reason. Now i am wondering if i take good care it should remain fine or if i let it be it will be like it's cousin half gone before it can be saved??
    Thing is i think the proper fillings are stronger than temps anyway so maybe i have nothing to worry about???

Thoughts? sorry for length :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I'm not sure about your experience, only your dentist can advise, but I can tell you about mine.

I had a tooth that the dentist could tell had a cavity, but his xray was down so he just started drilling, but he realised then that it was quite deep - nearly to the roots.

He filled it, but it was literally just a hallow shell of a tooth left around it. He said I'd need to have a crown put on it, etc... but I really didn't have the money.

Anyhow, most of the tooth around the filling has broken off. I went to a new denitist, not really happy with the old one, thinking I'd need to get it pulled, but he said it looked fine and once it wasn't bothering me it was no problem.#

So, don't fret, check with your dentist, as even if some of the tooth around it breaks, you may not have to get it removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

I'm not sure about your experience, only your dentist can advise, but I can tell you about mine.

I had a tooth that the dentist could tell had a cavity, but his xray was down so he just started drilling, but he realised then that it was quite deep - nearly to the roots.

He filled it, but it was literally just a hallow shell of a tooth left around it. He said I'd need to have a crown put on it, etc... but I really didn't have the money.

Anyhow, most of the tooth around the filling has broken off. I went to a new denitist, not really happy with the old one, thinking I'd need to get it pulled, but he said it looked fine and once it wasn't bothering me it was no problem.#

So, don't fret, check with your dentist, as even if some of the tooth around it breaks, you may not have to get it removed.

oh that's enlightening!! thanks comongethappy!!!

:D

Advertisement