Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone here connected to mermaid?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Can I just ask, if F&S believe he's guilty, and you believe he's guilty, why are you trying to get his funds released?

Also, I know that things can get heated and petty when there's money involved, but this has to be the most bizarre and inefficient way of going about trying to make a case for yourself. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

AdMMM wrote: »
    Can I just ask, if F&S believe he's guilty, and you believe he's guilty, why are you trying to get his funds released?

Also, I know that things can get heated and petty when there's money involved, but this has to be the most bizarre and inefficient way of going about trying to make a case for yourself. Well done.

This is what I was trying to explain (and once again, in case of doubt, I have no interest or motive, I'm just a player who see's this for what it is)

Mermaid is the go between here, who connect players to the Boss network.

It'd be just the same if you go through GJP, PPP or Boyle's etc to get playing on ipoker. Or through a rakeback site to get on Full Tilt etc.

If (on any of these) you have a problem, the site wants to help you, because they earn from your activity and (until proven otherwise) you are one of the good guys in their eyes and they will support you to the best of their ability (if only to keep the moneys coming in).

Take an abstract example. Your local let's you have a free pint every time you gather the dough and get the round in. What do you do when they turn round and say your mate is barred because of something that they said happened on a night you weren't there? You have no reason to disbelieve your mate and the pub won't show you the CCTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Bringing the issue out in public is standard imo. I don't see whats so bizarre about it. Apart from posting it in every single poker forum on the net! I don't think mermaid poker exactly have it in for this guy but the don't seem to be doing their utmost to help him either.
    When you say that skins are on the player's side because they earn from his/her activity is kind of silly because boss also earn from his activity. The guy seems to have a genuine case here as I just don't believe he would go to such trouble if he was guilty.
    This situation would not put me off playing on mermaid as such, but it would put me off playing on boss as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭C4Queen

There is absolutley not anything anyone could have done more in helping this player getting his funds back. And as i also informed the player i will as i do in all these cases, contact F&S regulary to ask if there is any changes in the case and if funds can be returned.

What Grafter say is really true, we are the link and if we dont fight for our players we will not be able to keep them, and we have a very high rate of loyal, staying players, and i doubt that be the case unless they get the support and service they demand, as in this buisness almost every poker room offer the same games, bonuses ect, its really when it comes to helping players with special things, 24 hrs a day you can make a difference.

As long as its in our power we sort everything that comes along the road. This however is nothing we can decide over.

I have also adviced, as he already been told, to report the matter to LGA and get an objective eye on the facts that lead to him being shut down, that is what they will look into. However i feel this is about other things for the player, like demanding an official appoloqie from Boss from "stealing his money". And from us for not composing good enough emails for him, and fair enough, but i have already stated on so many places that YES it could information wise been handled better from our part in the start, and it was because it ended up at a table where it shouldnt, and the person tried his best to help instead of letting the player wait until for an example i was back from my days off. And we are looking into our routins to avoid this in future.

Only reason why i answering this still is because its on Boards, and i have deep respect for the people in here, every other forum i have stoped trying to answer. But due to that respect i also would like to stop this discussion as its leading nowhere.

Everyone can reach me on my email ac@mermaidpoker.com.

And from our part its on mail this will continue,a s everything that possible can be said or are allowed to be said has already been brought out.

The case is updated with Boss Media aswell as the F&S and player are informed about this, and that is the status right now. If there is any changes in the chargeback risk, the account will be reopned, thats the same in all cases, regardless if they been highlited in forums all over or not.

In cases like this its indeed very unfortuned when and if players are innocent and being punished by the chargeback risk, on that i can not agree more. But as stated in many places, there where several things that closed the account.

I strongly suggest the player to keep his fight against Boss with LGA as they are independent, it must be a far better option then taking it trough forums, unless one are after the attention it attracts.

Best regards
    anna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

c4q= live sng phenom imo

• Advertisement
Advertisement