Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to edit original post

Options
  • 11-10-2008 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, can I point you towards this topic. I can't edit my original post, yet I can edit my other posts in the topic. It doesn't give me the option, just the usual quote, multi-quote and quick reply.

Any reason why this is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yeah, there is a time limit on editing your posts, I think it's around 2 days or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Thanks for that Gordon, but it's now been 6 days since my OP and over 2 days since I last edited one of my posts in that topic, and still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Still nothing?

Dunno what you mean. After 2 days, you can't edit your posts. Although, this may have changed to 1 day, I'm not sure.

Sorry, should have been more clear.

My OP in that topic was posted last Monday at 19:37. Now a week later I'm still unable to make an edit to that post. It just doesn't give me the option, only quote, multi quote and quick reply.

My other post in that topic came on Friday night at quarter past midnight. I edited it about 5 minutes after I posted the message, and now I'm unable to edit that message either. I don't particularly need to, it's only the OP i need editing, but I just thought you should be aware that I can't edit any of my posts in that topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's correct. It's not possible to edit a post once two days have passed.

• Advertisement

Ooohh, I thought you meant you have to wait two days before editing it again. Now I get ya! Thanks for helping me out anyway

Advertisement