Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Massa a worthy champion

• 11-10-2008 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

Was just looking on the bbc website and there was a section "Is Massa a worthy champion". It was like reading a Republican party memo off Fox news. Shockingly one sided. At one point it talked about his team mates who out qualified him (not out raced him according to the article) and said
    Heidfeld and Fisichella are good drivers but they are not on the same level as someone like Schumacher, Alonso or Hamilton.

How is Hamilton compared with the other 2? Alonso may have had the better car when he won the world championships but his recent races and his pre renault career showed his talent. What has Hamilton done to be in their league? I don't want to get on at Hammy, he's a great driver, but in the same token why was it not Schumacher, Alonso, Senna? It sounds so bias to add Hammy his rival. It makes me now fear BBC coverage next year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7658733.stm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 prentice

Fair point I have to say. I have found the ITV coverage to be returning towards something like normality re Hamilton. Which is a seriously positive thing for Hamilton.

He is a Class racer, but Kubica, and that young fella Vettel, have really sparked my interest again.

Kubica being a seriously smart well spoken guy, in english or not, and Vettel, well all F1 fans and many non F1 fans have seen what this guy is about.

gifted.

Hamilton is a class racer, my issue with him is that he takes the fun out of it, and I have a horible feeling the end result will end up the same as that of schumacher....Any way its alot better than a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Massa reminds me a lot of Jean Alesi. Capable of moments of greatness, but too inconsistent to ever be regarded as a truly great driver. There's not been much to separate the Ferraris and McLarens this year, so if he does win, he'll be a worthy champion. Worthy, but not great.

Hamilton's good, but it's ridiculously early to utter his name in the same breath as Schumacher or Alonso. He lucked his way into the best car on the grid at the start of his career, and managed to beat an unhappy Alonso. Championship or no championship - he still needs to prove himself before he can credibly be regarded as 'great'. I mean, Villeneuve won a Championship...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

"Massa reminds me a lot of Jean Alesi. Capable of moments of greatness, but too inconsistent to ever be regarded as a truly great driver. There's not been much to separate the Ferraris and McLarens this year, so if he does win, he'll be a worthy champion. Worthy, but not great.

Hamilton's good, but it's ridiculously early to utter his name in the same breath as Schumacher or Alonso. He lucked his way into the best car on the grid at the start of his career, and managed to beat an unhappy Alonso. Championship or no championship - he still needs to prove himself before he can credibly be regarded as 'great'. I mean, Villeneuve won a Championship..."

+1 Totally agree

Advertisement