Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barack Osama?

Options
  • 11-10-2008 12:59am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭

"TROY, New York - Who is running for president? In an upstate New York county, hundreds of voters have been sent absentee ballots in which they could vote for “Barack Osama.”

The absentee ballots sent to voters in Rensselaer County identified the two presidential candidates as “Barack Osama” and “John McCain.” In the United States, the best-known individual named Osama is Osama bin Laden, leader of the al Qaida terrorist group behind the 2001 attacks that destroyed the World Trade Center in New York City."

Coincidence? Who benefits? And it's only the beginning...

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27122742/?GT1=43001

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

OBAMA BIN BIDEN. coincidence? I think not?!?!?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

;););););););) (Karl Rove Sarah Palin quote)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

I was wondering how long it would take this to start but then again it might not have been deliberate I mean after all It may have been a simple typo considering how close b and s are on the keyboard :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No good GOP again. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Pocono Joe

Maybe it was Ted Kennedy who sent them out. ;)

You know, to this day I ask people who say they are voting for Barack Obama (notice correct spelling) "why are you voting for Obama." Even to this day, nobody can come up with coherent answers. The best I get "he represents change," or "he gives good speeches." or "he's not Bush." What a sad state of affairs we're in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You could ask the same question of McCain voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

And Bush voters, and Clinton voters. The election is won/lost on personality I'de say.

In fact most of politics is a popularity contest. Do you think 90 per cent of the people who vote, do so based on a balanced, fair appraisal of their policies? No, it's based on image. The republicans are 'conservative'. The democrats are 'Liberal'. Obama represents 'change'. MC Cain is a 'veteran'. None of it means a tinkers damn but that's the way of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Pocono Joe wrote: »

You know, to this day I ask people who say they are voting for Barack Obama (notice correct spelling) "why are you voting for Obama." Even to this day, nobody can come up with coherent answers. The best I get "he represents change," or "he gives good speeches." or "he's not Bush." What a sad state of affairs we're in.

And none of them mentioned something like his position on the war in Iraq being similar to theirs ....... or his health care policies, or the economy, the way the McCain campaign has been run, or simply having Sarah Palin on the other ticket as reasons?

Both candidates have given enough reasons for people to vote for or against them at this stage, and there will be more by the time the election to comes around.
    If people are taking an interest in this election, they should really have enough to go on when choosing who to support at this stage. For you to say all that Obama supporters have to say in defence of their candidate is "he represents change," or "he gives good speeches." or "he's not Bush" must mean you're either lying (to imply the he hasn't done enough to warrent people's vote), or you're talking to idiots.

Edit: actually 'he's not Bush' is a much better reason than liking Palin because 'she's a maverick' or 'she appeals to joe six pack'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

obama knows a bomber mccain has actually bombed people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You realise that after biden was added to the ticket, fox actually ran with that question?

qUZ0jyiGPd49vvcdTLQVFLaR_500.jpg

Overheal wrote: »
    You realise that after biden was added to the ticket, fox actually ran with that question?

Oh lord...

:eek:

Oh sweet jesus. And these people are actually allowed to vote. scared.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

:eek:

Oh sweet jesus. And these people are actually allowed to vote. scared.gif

F*ckin ell. Fox should be forced to have a permanent on screen message saying "This is a paid advertisment for the GOP".

Incredible...they get worse and worse. I saw Papa Bear saying to someone the other day who he was interviewing that he could sue him for saying he is a republican supporter. O'Reilly seems to think that being a registered independent makes him fair and balanced....wa**er!

*EDIT* That image is a fake. Fox are not even that bad.
    The interview that screen shot comes from is here .
    http://www.cato.org/videohighlights/index.php?highlight_id=36

My above rant about them still stands though :)

damnit you're right. the font doesnt mark up well.

damnit you're right. the font doesnt mark up well.

All the same though. What's the betting that Fox will come out with something similar in the run up to election day.

i hate to say they arent that retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

Maybe they won't have to.

Notice how unsurprised Obama is here, plus he has been reading the script ;)!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I was wondering how long it would take this to start but then again it might not have been deliberate I mean after all It may have been a simple typo considering how close b and s are on the keyboard :rolleyes:

What, bs? ;)
    Pocono Joe wrote: »

I think that alone should be enough.

Long edit:Incidentally, I read a blog post recently which encouraged people to ask republicans for 'three reasons why voting for John McCain will be good for your family.' From the reports of his own replies, and the comments on his blog, all that most people came up with was 'he's not Obama'.

What, bs?

I was talking about the B and S buttons on the keyboard. Not bs as in bullsh*t ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

No, cmon, that has to photoshopped, I can't believe even fox news would do that, is there video on youtube of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

the above video is as close as it gets: its a photoshop.

Ludo wrote: »
    *EDIT* That image is a fake. Fox are not even that bad.
    The interview that screen shot comes from is here .
    http://www.cato.org/videohighlights/index.php?highlight_id=36

This link that Ludo posted on the page overleaf is for the original video, which is about something entirely different. The one above has obviously been altered.

I've said that twice now :o

I know but the penny hasn't dropped. Some people don't bother to read back through the thread. Before you know it we'll have another freeze dried face of Daniel Griswold :D!!

?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

No, cmon, that has to photoshopped, I can't believe even fox news would do that, is there video on youtube of it?

It is photoshopped.

Glad to see McCain finally taking a stand on this crap (even though his adverts help stoke the flames). He took the microphone off some woman claiming Obama was an Arab and then went on to explain that Obama is a good guy, just not as good as him to run for office.

It is how it should of been played to begin with.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

As a follow up to Hobbes post, the lady with the mic on stage with McCAin was interviewed afterwards by some guy with his cellphone :

http://the-uptake.groups.theuptake.org/en/videogalleryView/id/933/

There's a transcript of the interview where we find out that this lady supports McCain by sending out letters to people explaining that Obama is an Arab terrorist because his Father was Muslim. Some of the questions are loaded (the very first one for example) she seems to believe that even after McCain said that Obama was a "family man" that for some reason he couldn't tell the truth on camera, that McCain was on her side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Hobbes wrote: »
    It is photoshopped.

Glad to see McCain finally taking a stand on this crap (even though his adverts help stoke the flames). He took the microphone off some woman claiming Obama was an Arab and then went on to explain that Obama is a good guy, just not as good as him to run for office.

It is how it should of been played to begin with.

Interesting to see how he's booed by his own supporters when he acts like a grownup.

Advertisement