Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barack Osama?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

The Raven. wrote: »
    I know but the penny hasn't dropped. Some people don't bother to read back through the thread. Before you know it we'll have another freeze dried face of Daniel Griswold :D!!

nooooo :( leave the grismaster out of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

has mccain renounced his bombing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

Interesting to see how he's booed by his own supporters when he acts like a grownup.

I wouldn't interpret it in that way. To me it seems obvious that they are not booing McCain personally but as a reaction to the thought of accepting Obama. Incidentally, the Republican anti Obama ads are merely the tip of a very large iceberg that has been growing independently from the outset, on the Internet, other media and by word of mouth. McCain can't be held responsible for all of it. I have come across hideously rabid declarations on both sides that I wouldn't dream of posting here, none of which has been officially authorized.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

I have come across hideously rabid declarations on both sides that I wouldn't dream of posting here, none of which has been officially authorized.
    Well it could be argued that the link between Obama and terrorism was actively pursued and "authorized" by McCain/Palin.

I agree with the rest of your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

taconnol wrote: »
    Well it could be argued that the link between Obama and terrorism was actively pursued and "authorized" by McCain/Palin.

I think my post has shown that I have accepted that. I have described
    'the Republican anti Obama ads' as 'merely the tip of a very large iceberg' :).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

I think my post has shown that I have accepted that. I have described
    'the Republican anti Obama ads' as 'merely the tip of a very large iceberg' :).
    Dammit man, stop agreeing with me! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

"Voters are sure to have opinions, and one politician pointed out that the letters "s" and "b" are not exactly keyboard neighbors.

"Of all the letters to hit by mistake," County Democratic Chairman Tom Wade said. "Unfortunately it is a mistake which negatively impacts our Democratic candidate for president."

Republican officials were apologetic. "We have three different staff members who proof these things and somehow the typo got by us," said Republican Commissioner Larry Bugbee. "We really apologize."

One Sand Lake resident who caught the misspelling, and who asked to be anonymous, was skeptical. "It's a little suspicious and at least grossly incompetent," the voter said.

Source: http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=728326

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Republican officials were apologetic. "We have three different staff members who proof these things and somehow the typo got by us," said Republican Commissioner Larry Bugbee. "We really apologize."

I've worked in a printing company many years ago. While they would have 3 people proof reading it the printing company would also have 3-4. We had one main designer who signed off the proofs from the customer, after that another designer+printer signed off the plates prior to printing and then a random proof read from quality checking. Then you have the printer operators, the packers, etc.

I find it hard to believe that no one at all didn't notice this before they start sending them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Hobbes wrote: »
    I've worked in a printing company many years ago. While they would have 3 people proof reading it the printing company would also have 3-4. We had one main designer who signed off the proofs from the customer, after that another designer+printer signed off the plates prior to printing and then a random proof read from quality checking. Then you have the printer operators, the packers, etc.

I find it hard to believe that no one at all didn't notice this before they start sending them out.

well maybe the 'b' was missing from the printers keyboard and they had to use the 's'.

It's a bit like what happened in 2001 when the Clinton staffers removed the 'w' from White House keyboards before Bush arrived.

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/stories/01/25/bush.pranks/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

LOL! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Interesting to see how he's booed by his own supporters when he acts like a grownup.

It's quite sad really. I've always had respect for McCain himself. However he has gotten himself associated with/working with some seriously bad people. There are times (including the videos posted here) where he looks almost embarrassed to be preaching to what is basically a mob.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

That would be my impression too. And in New York, where they are ultra-sensitive about 9/11. How convenient to be so incompetent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

anyobdy get a hold of the leaflet she was talking about and who printed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

well maybe the 'b' was missing from the printers keyboard and they had to use the 's'.

I am not entirely sure what your point is. As I don't see how removing a W key would equate to Bush being a terrorist.

I see the GOP are asking their people to equate Obama to Osama intentionally.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1849422,00.html

Meanwhile Obama has said such things are offlimits for their campainers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Democrats: "It's time for change!"
    Republicans: "He's a terrorist!"

I know which outlook seems more reasonable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

I am not entirely sure what your point is. As I don't see how removing a W key would equate to Bush being a terrorist.

I see the GOP are asking their people to equate Obama to Osama intentionally.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1849422,00.html

Meanwhile Obama has said such things are offlimits for their campainers.

Oh please, I was just making a segue to a humorous story from the 2000 campaign. Trying to lighten up the topic, or is that not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

People can get famous names confused easily enough. Obama/Osama or McCain/Bush....wait, no the second one doesnt really make much sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Sand wrote: »
    People can get famous names confused easily enough. Obama/Osama or McCain/Bush....wait, no the second one doesnt really make much sense.

Who is McCain? All I know is we cant let Bush in for a third term therefore we must all vote for Barack.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mick Shrimpton

Sand wrote: »

Go back to sleep.

Advertisement