Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent!!! What Day Do The Bins Go Out?

Options
  • 11-10-2008 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Earls Court

Hi all, I just moved into a house in the Earls Court estate just off the Dunemore Road. I'm renting and my landlord pays the annual bin charge to Waterford city council but I have to pay for the bin tags myself.

This is fine but the the landlord hasn't a clue what day the bin is supposed to be collected & neither do any of my neighbours as they are all with some other private collector.

The reason why this is urgent is because the last tenants left all the bins full and the black bin (as I just discovered tonight) is covered in maggots!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I've just gone out and spayed the thing with Cif but I wouldn't say that'll do much. My land lord left me 3 tags for each bin to get them emptied but the tag will get wreaked in the rain or torn off by kids if I just leave it on it.:(

So please help me people of Waterford. When am I supposed to leave it out??? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Earls Court

Hi all, I just moved into a house in the Earls Court estate just off the Dunemore Road. I'm renting and my landlord pays the annual bin charge to Waterford city council but I have to pay for the bin tags myself.

This is fine but the the landlord hasn't a clue what day the bin is supposed to be collected & neither do any of my neighbours as they are all with some other private collector.

The reason why this is urgent is because the last tenants left all the bins full and the black bin (as I just discovered tonight) is covered in maggots!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I've just gone out and spayed the thing with Cif but I wouldn't say that'll do much. My land lord left me 3 tags for each bin to get them emptied but the tag will get wreaked in the rain or torn off by kids if I just leave it on it.:(

So please help me people of Waterford. When am I supposed to leave it out??? :confused:
    What part of Earls Court? I'm living there too!

Think it's Tuesday, though I wouldn't be 100% sure. I'll check tomorrow.
    It's definately not collected over the weekend anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Its Tuesday in Ardkeen Village anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Ring the corporation possibly? It's different for every street depending on the number on the chart. In fact there should be a chart on your wall or something. THat said ring your landlord and tell him to find out since it was his responsibility to make sure the place was in running bloody order.

God I hate landlords! All he has to do is ring the old tenants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Fairly sure its wednesday, its the black/grey one this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

In Viewmount it's Tuesday and I'm fairly sure that the bins in Earls Court are collected after Viewmount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Collins ave is Wednesday so you might want to ring the corporation Monday morning and find out.

or you could try here http://www.waterfordcity.ie/environment/timetables.htm it didn't work for me but you might have better luck

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

Thanks for the the help lads.
    blue-army wrote: »
    What part of Earls Court? I'm living there too!

I'm up the top end (i don't want to say where on boards) it's the house with the bio-hazard bin outside.:D
    Ring the corporation possibly?

I emailed them, the offices are closed for the weekend.
    God I hate landlords! All he has to do is ring the old tenants

The last tenants have moved to Australia!:(
    Meatwad wrote: »
    Fairly sure its wednesday, its the black/grey one this week.

I do hope so. I don't what to have to wait another month to get rid of it.:eek:
    south wrote: »
    Collins ave is Wednesday so you might want to ring the corporation Monday morning and find out.

or you could try here http://www.waterfordcity.ie/environment/timetables.htm it didn't work for me but you might have better luck

Will try ring on Monday alright. Tried that website but its not working for me either.

Thanks again lads so at lest now I know its either Tuesday or Wednesday, maybe if I leave the tag out on Tuesday it could survive till the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

A bit late here but, could you have not called into your neighbours and asked them??

Advertisement