Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on buying PDA/Phone?

• 11-10-2008 8:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have had my Nokia N60 for almost 3 years and wanting to upgrade to the newer Smartphones/PDA phones. I am looking for a phone that would essentially give me the following features in addition to the standard -

GPS
    Windows Applications (MS Word, Excel etc to be able to use on the go..)
    Wifi (for browsing the Net and perhaps for VOIP calls - Skype)
    QWERTY keyboard
    Syncronising Emails, Calender - PC to Phone

Any thoughts & suggestions please... I was inclining towards HTC Tytn II??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Ash001 wrote: »
    I have had my Nokia N60 for almost 3 years and wanting to upgrade to the newer Smartphones/PDA phones. I am looking for a phone that would essentially give me the following features in addition to the standard -

GPS
    Windows Applications (MS Word, Excel etc to be able to use on the go..)
    Wifi (for browsing the Net and perhaps for VOIP calls - Skype)
    QWERTY keyboard
    Syncronising Emails, Calender - PC to Phone

Any thoughts & suggestions please... I was inclining towards HTC Tytn II??

You're used to Nokia, so why not get an e71 or some other e-series phone?
    E71 handles word/excell and all your other wishes, while giving you a great battery life for when on the go. And it's not a brick like the tytn. Yes, the tytn has a touchscreen, but at 2.8'' and slightly recessed it's not exactly fingerfriendly and you will at times need the stylus. Battery life is nowhere near the e-series, either. I keep my tytn as a paperweight to hold down the e71's manual that I'll never need to open anyway.

Well, if wm it has to be, then the tytn's ok, of course :) just pointing out that you don't need a wm device to use microsoft's stuff ;)

Advertisement