Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGA 5x11: The Lost Tribe **SPOILERS**

Options
  • 11-10-2008 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

So will there be a magic reset button in this episode that fixes everything, or will they have the balls to run with the repercussions of 5x10?

Verdict? 32 votes

Sublime Atlantis
    0% 0 votes
    Super Atlantis
    21% 7 votes
    Standard Atlantis
    46% 15 votes
    Substandard Atlantis
    31% 10 votes
    Shocking Atlantis
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Hmmmm, not too bad but not great either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

After the last episode this was a bit of a letdown and I was hoping for more - seemed a bit too easy. Really wish I hadnt seen the spoiler of who the suit people were though or it might have been much better. Wonder if Todd will be true to his word and be back on good terms with the humans now that the device is destroyed?

On the plus side since the asguard escaped with Janus' key theres always the posibility that other labs could be found and activated with more cool stuff in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

bit of a let down after last weeks gold, but good episode all the same

Asguard out of nowhere!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

i thought this was a brillaint episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You would - you're dead.

I thought it was just ok myself but gave it a 5 cos its better than most. really expected a bit more myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

It was a good but not brilliant episode - I didn't see the Asgard part coming, I thought it was going to turn out to be a rogue group of Ancients instead. Too bad there was no Larin other than mentioned by Sheppard (some funny moments there) but I'm guessing that could be a budget thing... It did kind of reset everything though, except for maybe the relationship with Todd - I'm guessing the Atlantis team and his alliance are now full-blown enemies once again. A bit disappointed, I expected more...

J-blk wrote: »
    It was a good but not brilliant episode - I didn't see the Asgard part coming, I thought it was going to turn out to be a rogue group of Ancients instead. Too bad there was no Larin other than mentioned by Sheppard (some funny moments there) but I'm guessing that could be a budget thing... It did kind of reset everything though, except for maybe the relationship with Todd - I'm guessing the Atlantis team and his alliance are now full-blown enemies once again. A bit disappointed, I expected more...

i would'nt say they are full blown enemies now, he could relize that it wasnt them that activated the athero device.

the way i see it they both wanted to shut the device down as quick as possible. Todds way was a little harsh though to kill everyone on the ship by doing so but dont forget he is still a wraith. still though when it comes down to it they all wanted the same thing in the end. didnt understand why the asgard would do such a thing though in the first place and kill so many humans just to survive themselfs!!. well as daniel said at the end they are still out there so lets see how it goes them coming back and all, as this cant be the end for the asgard. i'd say the writes always said they would bring the asgard back considering how the went out, one episode then bamm!!! there gone.

hope they are back in it again as they really are the coolest race!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Not too shabby I thought. Would have liked to have seen more major repercussions of the gates exploding. I'm sure the Travellers wern't the only one to activate their gates while the device was on.

I wonder if the now have two of those sweet battlesuits, they'll come in handy for sure. Hopefully they won't just be forgotten about.

All in all I was happier about it then I thought I'd be when I prematurely found out about the Asgard. They were pretty ruthless and badass. I'd like to see more of them and how the branching from the original Asgard effected them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Thor wrote: »
    the way i see it they both wanted to shut the device down as quick as possible. Todds way was a little harsh though to kill everyone on the ship by doing so but dont forget he is still a wraith. still though when it comes down to it they all wanted the same thing in the end.

Yeah, that's probably a fair assessment of the whole situation, I just hope the writers will keep it in mind so that when the Atlantis crew crosses paths with Todd again, that mistrust and apprehension that was there during their initial dealings is back - they had grown a bit too comfortable around him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

So after waiting 2 weeks to find out what magnificent genius way they came up with to avoid the explosion.... they just ducked?

The rest of the ep was entertaining tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I thought it was above average, but nowhere near as cool as Part 1. I was actually pretty bored up until the Asgard revelation.

3 things I didn't like:

1. The resolution to the finale... an explosion big enough to blow out the side of the tower, and Shepard and Zalenka just stand up and brush themselves down? Zalenka's glasses weren't even broken. Ridiculous....

2. Oh noes... the gate is destroyed. I know, we can just grab one of the spares from the gate bridge. Yawn.

3. No Larrin.... :)

Mr E wrote: »
    1. The resolution to the finale... an explosion big enough to blow out the side of the tower, and Shepard and Zalenka just stand up and brush themselves down? Zalenka's glasses weren't even broken. Ridiculous....

what i will find funny is that the next episode the control room will be back up as if nothing ever happend i guarantee it. i wonder thought what excuse they will give for having it repaired so quickly unless they say something like its been weeks since it happened.

wonder how that will go.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thor wrote: »
    what i will find funny is that the next episode the control room will be back up as if nothing ever happend i guarantee it. i wonder thought what excuse they will give for having it repaired so quickly unless they say something like its been weeks since it happened.

wonder how that will go.
    It'll probably be set several minutes after this episode and the control room will be in perfect condition bar one person sweeping up a bit of debree.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

It'll probably be set several minutes after this episode and the control room will be in perfect condition bar one person sweeping up a bit of debree.

and a few stage hands in the background sweeping the floors too :P

na good ep... the "new race of advanced beings" was a bit of a letdown but at the same time interesting... dont know how many of them there are so they cud be a foe/ally soon.

be interesting to see where the season goes from here caus that last few eps was like a season finale moment... now a new plot has to thicken from nowhere again..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Below average episode that was made even more boring by how awesome the preceding episode was. Very disappointed.

Okay no, the opening explosion brush off bothers the HELL out of me.

Furthermore, I have decided to mentally delete the 2 minutes of footage and replace it with Zalenka clevery re-shaping the Shield around the gate into a Concave Lens that focuses all of the blast energy directly out of the tower - greatly reducing the energy requirement compared to containing the entire blast in a bubble - atlantis rocks back on the waves for a second or two and then settles down. Sheppard gives Z a pat on the back, Z feels underappreciated (again) and goes back to his quarters to slink down into his shower cubicle and Cry.

The End.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

That reminds me of the explosion at the end of S2 of 'The X-Files' or S5 (?) of 'Smallville' - a cop out where the writers just didn't know how to do it and just insulted us instead.

That aside, I enjoyed the episode. The revelation I didn't see coming and I like the fact that there's now a bunch of pissed off Asgard out there. Sure we could have introduced a new race but I like the fact it's a darker version of a race we're familiar with (and at least it's not replicators!).

It was all wrapped up a bit too neatly and again I guess it demonstrates how the show could benefit from longer-running continuous arcs. We could have spread some of this (or the repercussions) over a few weeks. I would like to see, at the very least, the fallout from some planets having their gates blasted and how they take the news.

Highlight for me was the banter and chemistry between Daniel and Rodney. I think they were a great pairing and I haven't seen Jackson spar off someone so well since the early days with Jack. Definitely a combination I'd like to see again.

Good episode but just not up to the high quality established with the first part.

ixoy wrote: »
    I would like to see, at the very least, the fallout from some planets having their gates blasted and how they take the news.
    ...uhm, by being dead? Its a Stargate explosion. Anubis Device? Planetwide Destruction?

They turned the whole thing into a ****ing joke though. little baby crater, and even the laptop was intact. ffs. I would love to know where to buy one of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I would love to know where to buy one of those.
    www.dell.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I seem to have been the only person who saw the little grey legs coming out of the suit, and gone HOLY **** IT'S THE ASGARD!!!!!!!.
    I love the Asgard.

• Advertisement

I seem to have been the only person who saw the little grey legs coming out of the suit, and gone HOLY **** IT'S THE ASGARD!!!!!!!.
    I love the Asgard.
    everyone else got hoodwinked into a spoiler :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I love the Asgard.
    I had no idea it would be them. Carefully avoided spoilers for two weeks. Was a nice scene when they were revealed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I seen the asguard thing coming. Their voices were just a metallic/roboty version of the asguard.

Advertisement