Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I get this in a pm

Options
  • 11-10-2008 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭

Hi Climate Expert,

You have been banned from Films for the following duration:

14 Day(s)

for the following reason:

You're a ****ing ugly bitch. I want to stab you to death, and then play around with your blood.

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 14 Day(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the alloted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.
    Also, please be aware that an abusive response to this automated message may result in an extension of your ban, or in extreme cases, being banned from the entire site.

Thanks,

Forum Moderator.
    Not only does he delete my posts but I get this as well.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

So, it's ok when you quote American Psycho, but not ok for me?

Just an aside, possibly nothing to do with this at all, calling someone a retard is frowned upon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

It's a quote from American Psycho afaik. He's trying to educate you on above average films adapted from far more disturbing novels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Still hilarious though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I never get cool PM's like that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

So, it's ok when you quote American Psycho, but not ok for me?

Just an aside, possibly nothing to do with this at all, calling someone a retard is frowned upon. :)
    You say its ok for me then why did you delete two of my posts and ban me? Shouldn't you ban yourself now. Actually delete yourself and do the world a favour.

• Advertisement

Still hilarious though
    thanks, just wish others could enjoy it like you have.

Actually delete yourself and do the world a favour.

psycho1.jpg

psycho1.jpg
    See the thing is Karl, I actually look like that. You look like this. Jokes on you mate.

FatNerd.jpg

See the thing is Karl, I actually look like that.

Proof or GTFO. :pac:

I'm not going to be throwing up pics of my ripped guns to a load of strangecocks on boards now. Have a bit of faith.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Ah Karl for somebody who contributes so much time to boards you really let yourself down by doing things like this. Time you copped on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm not going to be throwing up pics of my ripped guns to a load of strangecocks on boards now. Have a bit of faith.
    lol, brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

This ban thread is better then my ban thread ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

How come some people on Boards.ie feel it's their god-given right to act the prick constantly (despite most others not doing so) and then get all offended when they're reprimanded for it?

Dudess wrote: »
    How come some people on Boards.ie feel it's their god-given right to act the prick constantly (despite most others not doing so) and then get all offended when they're reprimanded for it?
    Two wrongs don't make a right Dudess. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of it all. And my earlier post was fairly funny and should not have been deleted. I've lost out on lots of thanks because of it.

Judge it for yourself. This is paraphrased as I'm banned.

clueless poster: Thanks
    funny poster 1: You're compliment was sufficient
    clueless poster: What?
    me: CP, you reek of ****.

If it had of been let continue it probably would have continued,

cp: What? reported
    fp1: high five climate expert

Two wrongs don't make a right Dudess.
    So you agree you act the prick constantly? Good for you.

Dudess wrote: »
    So you agree you act the prick constantly? Good for you.

He probably does Dudess, but what Karl did wasn't reprimanding, it was just plain old personal abuse, movie quote or not.

In fairness to Karl he contributes a lot to the site but this kind of behaviour makes him look like an ass

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

This is a teacup --> ()'

This is a storm --> *'*
    *'*'*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Onkle wrote: »
    He probably does Dudess, but what Karl did wasn't reprimanding, it was just plain old personal abuse, movie quote or not.

In fairness to Karl he contributes a lot to the site but this kind of behaviour makes him look like an ass
    Personal abuse? It was quite obviously not.

God i hate idiots.

• Advertisement

Personal abuse? It was quite obviously not.

God i hate idiots.
    Hey Karl thought it was personal abuse (it wasn't) but that still does not give you the right to call him an idiot.

Ok, serious reply for a minute. Climate Expert had been repeatedly infracted on this thread, he was calling another poster a retard here, dragging it off-topic with back-seat modding (I started deleting his posts at this point), (ironically) abused someone else with the "you reek of sh*t" quote, he denied this was abusive because it was a quote from the film. He was infracted again and that post deleted, then he starts dragging the thread further off-topic by complaining about his posts being deleted.

The guy was reprimanded 3 times already on that thread before being banned.

Ok, serious reply for a minute. Climate Expert had been repeatedly infracted on this thread, he was calling another poster a retard here, dragging it off-topic with back-seat modding (I started deleting his posts at this point), (ironically) abused someone else with the "you reek of sh*t" quote, he denied this was abusive because it was a quote from the film. He was infracted again and that post deleted, then he starts dragging the thread further off-topic by complaining about his posts being deleted.

The guy was reprimanded 3 times already on that thread before being banned.

I'm not fighting his corner Karl, he may well have been acting the maggot but what you did was lower yourself to his level. There was no need for that

I'm not fighting his corner Karl, he may well have been acting the maggot but what you did was lower yourself to his level. There was no need for that
    Karl's a hothead. Doesn't know when to leave the 'post reply' button alone. I'll forgive him for that but not for deleting my post. Let the joke stand, maybe infract it but let others judge it.

what you did was lower yourself to his level.

Yeah, I did. You're right too, there was no need for it. But I was feeling in a cheeky mood. :o

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Dear diary,

Today I totally burned this guy on the Internet. I was just minding my own business (pumping my guns, natch) when I noticed some strangecock on the Internet wasn't getting a joke. Well, let me tell you, diary, that wasn't going to happen on my watch. I contemplated for several minutes before deciding on the appropriate burn to deliver. It was pretty f*cking epic, if I say so myself. Patrick Bateman (my hero, perfect physique) from American Psycho (fav movie, too deep, too REAL, for these nerds to get) would be proud.
    Anyway, I e-high-fived my buddy before downing a health tonic (and crushing the can afterwards, I am totally ripped you see) and delivered a final burn to the forum "moderator" Karl Hungus (more like Karl Stupidus!) before he banned me. Too many nerds like him sitting behind their computers typing away on a Saturday morning, don't they have lives? what a bunch of retards!

P.S. Just checked myself out in the mirror; if only people could have sex with themselves. Deep.

Climate Expert.

CuLT wrote: »
    Dear diary,

Today I totally burned this guy on the Internet. I was just minding my own business (pumping my guns, natch) when I noticed some strangecock on the Internet wasn't getting a joke. Well, let me tell you, diary, that wasn't going to happen on my watch. I contemplated for several minutes before deciding on the appropriate burn to deliver. It was pretty f*cking epic, if I say so myself. Patrick Bateman (my hero, perfect physique) from American Psycho (fav movie, too deep, too REAL, for these nerds to get) would be proud.
    Anyway, I e-high-fived my buddy before downing a health tonic (and crushing the can afterwards, I am totally ripped you see) and delivered a final burn to the forum "moderator" Karl Hungus (more like Karl Stupidus!) before he banned me. Too many nerds like him sitting behind their computers typing away on a Saturday morning, don't they have lives? what a bunch of retards!

P.S. Just checked myself out in the mirror; if only people could have sex with themselves. Deep.

Climate Expert.
    haha fairly play. I'm actually a lot like that in real life.

Ew... there are people like that in reality even though it's a long time since 1987? Oh dear. Well I suppose the recession and all that are making things seem kinda like 1987 again. Roll on whatever today's equivalent of yuppie flu will be...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

So what, some dude goes and starts ranting and raving, throwing abuse left right and center, is asked to stop, refuses (hey dude, im only quoting a film! No harm is meant!), gets posts deleted and continues on his duty of being a muppet, Karl says "Enough is enough" and issues a ban for 2 weeks quoting a film (just like the OP did and claimed it cant be considered personal abuse), OP comes here being a complete hypocriate and winges that he was abused by Karl quoting a film. Is that about right? If so, what a waste of a thread tbh.

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    Is that about right?

Quite an accurate summary right there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement