Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data mining on Full Tilt

Options
  • 11-10-2008 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

I'm using holdem manager. If I want to datamine on full tilt is it only a matter of opening tables and letting HM import?

Do I need any other sortware like Eyepoker etc?

thanks,
    Mac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

Yeah, just remember that the HH ar .tmp files and their in the Hand History folder wheras your actual HH are in the Hand History/Macspower folder so if you put the auto import folder to Hand History/Macspower it wont see the .tmp files so its best to use the folder Hand History and tick subfolders so it gets both observed and played hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Not to de rail Macs, but just wondering how you set up stars with HM DVD? Where are the HH's stored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

Mine are in C:\Program Files\PokerStars\HandHistory

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

thanks DVD ... played a bit with you last night.... your still a nit!!!

RS go get your own thread :p

Let ye know how it goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Can i derail this a bit more if you dont mind Macs :), is there any way to set up a contributed rakeback stat in HM?

alright ye lot can have my thread!!

it's my ball and I'm going home :p

PM sent DVD with some screenies as I'm a donk and cant get it to work

Ok have it now...

after adding the new folder it looks like I have to restart the auto import.. flying away now.. thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

Macspower wrote: »
    Ok have it now...

after adding the new folder it looks like I have to restart the auto import.. flying away now.. thanks for the help

Macs, Assuming you changed from PT 2 to Holdem manager, How do you find it, would you recommend moving to HM.

HM > PT

• Advertisement

Macs, Assuming you changed from PT 2 to Holdem manager, How do you find it, would you recommend moving to HM.

holdem manager is streets ahead in every way of PT2

on the downside it has also changed the game with squeezing and 3/4 betting from stats being commonplace now

have it datamining away now... is there any setting on hm where I can display the stats on the table before joining and posting so I can see which of the datamined tables is the value?

have it datamining away now... is there any setting on hm where I can display the stats on the table before joining and posting so I can see which of the datamined tables is the value?

It should show them unless you have Disable Hud Stats When there is no hero selected in Hud Options so make sure thats not ticked. Other than that make sure the table manager is running and it should show. Let me know if you cant get it sorted

yeah unclicked this and restarted hm and still no go on tables I'm not playing on...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

dvdfan wrote: »
    It should show them unless you have Disable Hud Stats When there is no hero selected in Hud Options so make sure thats not ticked. Other than that make sure the table manager is running and it should show. Let me know if you cant get it sorted

Wow I never knew that was possible. Stats never come up on a table until I've played ~2 hands and I dont have that option ticked...any other possible fixes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Los Souler

Hi, i've just installed holdem manager v.1.05.07 and thought id do a bit of data mining before i started using it. I have set the auto import files to the correct hand history folder for Full Tilt and made sure that whilst i have the Full Tilt games running that auto import is working. HEM is finding the players, i have nearly 500, but it does not seem to be importing and hands or stats. I also cannot launch the HUD on any of the tables properly. I can see the table stats but not the player ones. I have tried going into the table manager, and i can see all of the tables, then when i click on Table Finder, i get a message which says "I can not find any unattached hands. Please wait until the manager has imported some."

Does anyone know if i'm doing anything wrong, or can you not see he stats and hands until you actually start playing yourself?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

advice taken and purchased HM. But setting up is tough for the tech deficient.:o

Anyone care to impart some HM for dummies, Specifically set up for GJP and datamining GJP and Stars.

hi again DVD

I think I might have the problem... I think the tables I'm not sitting at are not importing properly as they seem to be import errors... I'm only sitting at one table in this screenshot...

opinions?

I kept it in the thread rather than pm as it might help others as well

hm2rg2.jpg
    w980.png

chat turned on on all tables?

You not use eyepoke or the full tilt version?
    Can HM Import when not sitting at table?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Just to let you know Macs it seems since they updated there probohited software page on FT site that datamining isnt allowed.

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/prohibited_programs.php

Althought it's a pretty grey area. I havent heard of anyone gettig caught, or even how they would catch you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Los Souler

Right, i now have this working, sort of...
    I updated to the 1.05.09 version and then reconfigured my HUD player preferences, then, hey presto, my HUD started to appear on the tables.
    One thing i still cannot get is hand information from observed tables, however it still picks up the stats for the players. I think that you must be playing in order to build the hand history DB.

Los Souler wrote: »
    I updated to the 1.05.09 version and then reconfigured my HUD player preferences, then, hey presto, my HUD started to appear on the tables.
    One thing i still cannot get is hand information from observed tables, however it still picks up the stats for the players. I think that you must be playing in order to build the hand history DB.

idiots guide please?

zuutroy wrote: »
    Wow I never knew that was possible. Stats never come up on a table until I've played ~2 hands and I dont have that option ticked...any other possible fixes?

Just to point out theres 3 major things you need to have for this to work.

1) Auto Import folder must be set to x:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory\ if you have x:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory\MyUsername then youve gone too far and youll see your stats but not observed hands. Now there is an exception as this is where they go by default, if you specified a different folder in Full Tilt (See the Configuring Full Tilt Settings in this FAQ for details of how to change the default settings in the full tilt lobby http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=142 but the main thing is dont go further than the Hand History folder or you wont get observed hands

2) Hud Options > Disable HUD Stats when there is no Hero should be unticked.

3) Options > Observed Hand History Config: Insert All Hand Histories should be selected.

Los Souler wrote: »

No she will import observed HH if you follow the instructions above, 1.05.09, get at least 1.06.03h or one of the 1.06.04 betas from the forum release forums, theres tons of bugs fixed and lots new features added since then http://208.109.95.123/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11
    chat turned on on all tables?

You not use eyepoke or the full tilt version?
    Can HM Import when not sitting at table?

It can import on some sites but not all, cant remember exactly but it can show observed stats for Full Tilt, Stars, UB IIRC and possibly 1 more i cant think of at this hour. You cant mine on stars though with HM, it just takes 1 HH by scraping the table or something and shows the stats but dosent update until you sit in so you just get shown the lifetime stats at the time you opened the table.

For full tilt as far as im aware we cant differentiate between the .tmp files and the normal HH so although you can mine there you obviously shouldnt do this if its against there terms and conditions but tbh i wasnt aware of this issue until yesterday.
    hi again DVD

I think I might have the problem... I think the tables I'm not sitting at are not importing properly as they seem to be import errors... I'm only sitting at one table in this screenshot...

opinions?

I kept it in the thread rather than pm as it might help others as well

Id say this might be to do with the database, can you create a new database and see if they import successfully there http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=146
    advice taken and purchased HM. But setting up is tough for the tech deficient.:o

Anyone care to impart some HM for dummies, Specifically set up for GJP and datamining GJP and Stars.

You cant mine or see observed hands on ipoker. See above for Stars info on mining and observed hands, to be able to see observed HH on stars you must Go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders and click on “Add Folder” and add the following folder:
    C:\Program Files\RVG Software\holdem manger\importing\hem data and click close. You should also set it to move files after import. and also follow the 2nd and 3 step i mentioned above for full tilt.

2 tutorials to get your head around HM

http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?topicid=1&faqid=2

http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?topicid=1&faqid=3

They include everything from setup to running report and filters to stats glossary. If your still having problems get me on the forum http://208.109.95.123/forum/ and i can do a teamviewer session to fix as i dont pop in here too often

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Kante

I've had a root around on 2+2 and it seems it ain't possible to mine FullTilt or Stars(HEM or Spadeeye do not work) unless you use a AHK script.

Is anyone mining FTP on boards?
    Care to sell share your mining technique?

Thanks

Not sure what the stance is at full tilt now but they did close several peoples accounts for datamining on full tilt although if i remember correctly one of their reps mentioned that it was unlikely someones account would be closed for a first offence so i guess you should look into that before you do start mining.

Because of that we were under instructions not to give details on how to mine at HM so theres no point asking there either as their not in a position to able to help. The old system where you could mine was simple, full tilt created .tmp files if you opened a table, and you just imported the files. Open a few tables and have a look in the Full Tilt folders and see if you spot any .tmp files then setup HM to autoimport from those folders, other than i dont really know if its possible as i dont play there.

For stars they dont create HH files for tables your not sitting at so youll need software, try googling mining stars i think spadeye might do that or idleminer and i think idleminer have mining software for full tilt if they no longer create those .tmp hh files.

Advertisement