Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going wireless with my projector

• 11-10-2008 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Sup all,
    Just wondering if anybody could help me with my home system. I have a Hitachi PJ-tx10 projector with all the speakers and amp n stuff and had it set up in my previous house. recently moved and wanted to switch from using all the wires to going wireless.
    So, Can I go wireless? If so, what can be wireless and what can't? and where and how do I go about doing it. Haven't a clue myself.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Regarding the signal feeds to the projector , only av senders are an option and you are looking at a severe drop in quality.

HDMI wireless is on the way , however only the 60Ghz option will give 1080p when its available and that wont be for another year or so. They will also be seriously expensive.

Regarding feeds to speakers , there are many wireless options available now , but again , a serious drop in quality is to be expected , even the best of the best gets brutal reviews at the moment. There is simply no way to take a speaker feed , modulate it onto a wireless carrier , and demodulate for the speaker without taking a chunk of sound quality away.

So , wireless is only an option if you couldnt care less about quality.

There are many options here ,
    http://www.google.ie/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=wireless+av+senders&meta=&btnG=Google+Search

However , fair warning , none of them are worth your hard earned money.

It is far better to look at ways of hiding the wires , which can be done inexpensively with ready made d-line trunking from B+Q ( merges with the coving or the skirting boards ...your choice ) or by going the pro route and putting everything behind the plaster board.

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭jmal

Hey bobfino,

mathias is on the ball with the info. Would hold out for a year at least until pricing comes down and reliability has been tested.

For XGA business projectors the Wireless adapters have improved alot over the last two years but not quite there yet for HD Video. I have install this wireless adapter which works fine for "powerpoint" type projection, but useless for HD video.

Here some info in the fast approaching technology.

Advertisement