Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now is the time to end this, hear us roar!

Options
  • 11-10-2008 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

If we every want to get out of this rip off culture, then now is surely the time to demand it,
    as the recession kicks in and prices fall we have to demand this trend to continue, show shops that we are only interested in bargains and try and change the culture that will emerge after the slump?
    are you with me? or am I talking nonsense? please discuss.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Toiletroll

If we every want to get out of this rip off culture, then now is surely the time to demand it,
    as the recession kicks in and prices fall we have to demand this trend to continue, show shops that we are only interested in bargains and try and change the culture that will emerge after the slump?
    are you with me? or am I talking nonsense? please discuss.

Of course I am with you!

We became far too complacent and accept things far too easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

show shops that we are only interested in bargains

I'm not too sure about bargains, that usually means inferior quality I think, i.e. Tesco's new cash savers range. Even if they gave it away for nothing, I would consider it over priced.
    But we do need value for quality products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Toiletroll

dh0661 wrote: »
    I'm not too sure about bargains, that usually means inferior quality I think, i.e. Tesco's new cash savers range. Even if they gave it away for nothing, I would consider it over priced.
    But we do need value for quality products.

Tesco value apple's are quality actually :)

Definitly with you on the mince though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

dh0661 wrote: »
    Tesco's new cash savers range. Even if they gave it away for nothing, I would consider it over priced.
    I wouldn't know, I go up north to Sainsburys for my shopping, even with the exchange rate it's far cheaper, joke really when you think of if it. The amount of Dublin, Wicklow reg cars up there during the week is unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Don't shout, don't roar, vote with your feet.

We shop almost exclusively from Aldi's. Meat/Milk/Bread/Veg and household stuff are all fine. Far better quality than the Tesco value (or red label for those who remember that). Better than Lild's tbh. I fond almost no drop in quality on anything we buy there.

The only things we buy elsewhere are Bread from Tesco's (Can only get the wholemeal we like from there)
    Nappies and Babymilk which My folks pick up for us from up the north

If everyone says no to overpriced "brands" then they will be forced to drop their prices.

• Advertisement
Advertisement