Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a Cooling off period for Eircom BB

Options
  • 11-10-2008 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

I there a cooling off period when it comes to Eircom broadband, a friend has signed up last week but now wants to change, obviously Eircom are the ones to talk too but just so he's know what his rights are as he's not the strongest over the phone and they might convince him to stay,

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

rasper wrote: »
    I there a cooling off period when it comes to Eircom broadband, a friend has signed up last week but now wants to change, obviously Eircom are the ones to talk too but just so he's know what his rights are as he's not the strongest over the phone and they might convince him to stay,

have you checked the terms and conditions?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm nearly sure it's 6mts then your free to switch to BT etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

reckon he didnt get any info such as contract or terms and conditions as he signed up in a shop, I'm under the impression that all those contracts and a 10-14 day cooling off period.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

reckon he didnt get any info such as contract or terms and conditions as he signed up in a shop, I'm under the impression that all those contracts and a 10-14 day cooling off period.

Being under an impression is useless - the terms and conditions should be on the eircom site.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭supervixen

Maybe YOU can call on his behalf and say your friend is a bit stupid and never pays any bills, maybe they will let him off the hook :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Randi

PM me his number ill disconnected it if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

If he used the eircom disc to install he agreed to the terms and conditions...
    Randi wrote: »
    PM me his number ill disconnected it if you want

Do not pm him yoru number or any details. Its just common sense.

If he used the eircom disc to install he agreed to the terms and conditions...

Do not pm him yoru number or any details. Its just common sense.

Well tell everyone else that, that ive helped out, sorry for trying to help

Well tell everyone else that, that ive helped out, sorry for trying to help

Heh. If people are dumb enough to pm people their details on a forum thats their problem I guess. You just won't see me sending details especially since you are a sales man.

BTW: Kudos on the idea of coming her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Praetor

Heh. If people are dumb enough to pm people their details on a forum thats their problem I guess. You just won't see me sending details especially since you are a sales man.

Then, he will have to check the T&C or call himself...

Although it will be much easier if he'd pm the telephone number instead.

The cooling off period is different depending of the ISP, but is usually not longer than 15 days

In my opinion people should not mention they work for an ISP as it could get him/her into trouble...

T&C apply regardless of where you got BB from... check on the website...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

covered here in the t and c's

3.2 The Customer may cancel its order for the Facility at any time prior to
    the RFS date. In the event of such cancellation by the Customer it shall be
    obliged to return any Kit, which may have been provided to it by eircom. Any
    Kit shall be returned to eircom by posting it to the freepost address detailed
    in the welcome pack. In the event of any Kit not being returned to eircom
    within fourteen (14) days of the cancellation of the Order for the Facility, the
    Customer shall be charged by eircom and shall pay to eircom such sum as is
    set out in the Regulations as being the charge payable in respect of the
    nonreturn of any Kit.

“Ready for Service date” (otherwise “RFS date”) means the date on which
    eircom establishes the Facility for the Customer."

So if there is no bb on the line as of yet hes fine if not hes in contract according to that

Shin

A sales man, helping someone to disconnect their BB.

Praetor wrote: »

In my opinion people should not mention they work for an ISP as it could get him/her into trouble...

ah they wont find out its me.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Praetor

ah they wont find out its me.

Just be extra carefull mate, maybe is better to PM people directly instead of asking them to PM you... I just wouldnt like to see you end up as someone I know who also work/worked for an ISP and doesnt post anymore because of the abuse they got from certain people... it just aint worth it...

Most users here are very good and extremelly grateful but there is always someone who has had a bad experience towards an specific ISP so they will aim their rage or fustration towards you, even threat you with taking legal action and blah blah blah...

I find that is great that you are helping though but try to remain in the "shadow", trust me...

I guess you are not so bad. I just wont be giving you any details :p. Fair play to ya all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Kershaw.D

:eek:When I Was signing up for my broadband they told me seven days
    what is the problem
    and what speed package did he get

Advertisement