Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone gone for a car loan recently

Options
  • 11-10-2008 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

As per the title of the thread.

I was wondering if you have been in the last 2-4 weeks for a car loan and has anyone noticed more of a reluctance to give what you have asked for or have they looked for more personal details of income etc.

Just wondering as I hope to get a new car in Jan but won't bother if no one is offering car loans or expect you to jump through hoops for one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I recently got a car loan from Tesco Finance @ 6.9%, Apart from a messed up initial application, I got it processed in under 3 weeks, which is a pretty long time, but for that rate It was worth it!

I did need to supply a lot of paper work though, Payslips, 3 months bank statements, Recent Bill in my name and a photocopy of my passport stamped by a Garda.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Grand thats pretty normal its to do with anti-fraud legislation.

I was hoping just to get a new loan from current lender so hopefully it shouldn't be an issue.

Advertisement